Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-06-2013, 04:19 AM   #91
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize

Dario Saric- Now you know I'm not a fan of drafting foreign players because you never know if they'll ever even show up. That being said, this kid has a very unique skillset for his height. I wouldn't draft him with my 1st round pick but, if we're going to go foreign, he'd probably be my guy. He's about 6'9" and can really dish the rock. His outside shot, from what I've seen, leave a bit to be desired. His shooting motion is elongated and awkward. Reminds me a little of Shaun Livingston.
No way he's falling to the 2nd round. I actually don't think he'll be available when we pick (24th). My guess is he'll be picked somewhere around 15th.

I liked your analysis. Since I don't know anyone from college basketball it gave me some info on who we might choose.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #92
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
No way he's falling to the 2nd round. I actually don't think he'll be available when we pick (24th). My guess is he'll be picked somewhere around 15th.

I liked your analysis. Since I don't know anyone from college basketball it gave me some info on who we might choose.

Oh for sure. I wasn't saying I think the Knicks should try to get him in the 2nd. I was saying, if I was a GM, I don't think I'd take him necessarily. He's a first round pick though.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:57 AM   #93
Da KO King
NBA sixth man of the year

Da KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputationDa KO King has a terrific reputation

Just read this on a Knicks blog

Pre Draft Workouts for Tomorrow:

Ricardo Ledo, Tahj Tate, Adonis Thomas, Christian Watford, Tony Mitchell, Grant Jerrett.

Also Tim Hardaway Jr will be in for a workout on Tuesday.
Da KO King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:17 PM   #94
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I know 24th pick doesn't look like we can get a great player but remember what happened 2 years ago.
In a by many called "weak draft class" we picked 17th and drafted Iman Shumpert.

My point is,we can get a solid contributor in the late 1st round and we should probably try to get another late 1st round pick as well. I don't know how though,what we have to offer ? I think buying it is not an option.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #95
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 10m

Saric is projected as a lottery pick by most teams. But wants to get another year of experience in Europe.
Expand

Chad Ford ‏@chadfordinsider 12m

Hearing Croatia's Dario Saric leaning toward withdrawing from the NBA Draft. Has until Jun 17 to make it official.
Expand
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:20 PM   #96
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I know 24th pick doesn't look like we can get a great player but remember what happened 2 years ago.
In a by many called "weak draft class" we picked 17th and drafted Iman Shumpert.

My point is,we can get a solid contributor in the late 1st round and we should probably try to get another late 1st round pick as well. I don't know how though,what we have to offer ? I think buying it is not an option.

I agree So called "weak drafts" are the drafts in which teams with the later picks typically do well. I don't buy into the notion that we can't get someone of value this draft.

As for the extra pick, we may not be able to get another 1st but we can get a high second. Especially from Cleveland. They have like 4 picks in the draft. 2 in the top 4 picks of the 2nd round. We have James White and Quentin Richardson's non-guaranteed contracts to use if I'm not mistaken.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #97
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I agree So called "weak drafts" are the drafts in which teams with the later picks typically do well. I don't buy into the notion that we can't get someone of value this draft.

As for the extra pick, we may not be able to get another 1st but we can get a high second. Especially from Cleveland. They have like 4 picks in the draft. 2 in the top 4 picks of the 2nd round. We have James White and Quentin Richardson's non-guaranteed contracts to use if I'm not mistaken.

I don't see Cleveland giving up one of those picks considering there will be plenty good players who slipped out of Round 1 just waiting to be drafted. They're trying to get all the talent they can get to entice LeBron in 2014 so I could see this draft being their strategy.

Best bet is to slide into the mid-late 2nd right around where we grabbed Jorts 2 years ago. Phil Pressey should still be available right there.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:33 PM   #98
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da KO King
Just read this on a Knicks blog

Pre Draft Workouts for Tomorrow:

Ricardo Ledo, Tahj Tate, Adonis Thomas, Christian Watford, Tony Mitchell, Grant Jerrett.

Also Tim Hardaway Jr will be in for a workout on Tuesday.

Had no clue he was in the draft.

Saw him play 4 times last year and this kid can jump out of the gym.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv8wNjW-q8Q
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:02 PM   #99
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
Had no clue he was in the draft.

Saw him play 4 times last year and this kid can jump out of the gym.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vv8wNjW-q8Q
Cant find anything on this dude no rankings or write ups. No torrents, youtubes, nada.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 09:07 AM   #100
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
Cant find anything on this dude no rankings or write ups. No torrents, youtubes, nada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_yPtoGkLcR8
Old 06-07-2013, 10:24 AM   #101
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
I saw that and basically there is nothing on this dude. Me personally I have no opinion on the guy. Just says enough there isnt anything on this guy on the INTRAWEB.
Old 06-07-2013, 10:40 AM   #102
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
I don't see Cleveland giving up one of those picks considering there will be plenty good players who slipped out of Round 1 just waiting to be drafted. They're trying to get all the talent they can get to entice LeBron in 2014 so I could see this draft being their strategy.

Best bet is to slide into the mid-late 2nd right around where we grabbed Jorts 2 years ago. Phil Pressey should still be available right there.

They have 2 1st also

I'm not really impressed with Pressey. He's crumbled far too many times in big time games (especially the tournament). He's not only short but he's thin. He's coming off a pretty mediocre Jr year in which everyone was pretty perplexed as to why he came out. Wouldn't be surprised if he withdrew his name before the June 17th deadline if he doesn't have an agent already.
Old 06-07-2013, 11:22 AM   #103
Clutch
Stop flopping

Dario Sarić withdrew from the draft.

He was the Croatian league MVP,best forward and domestic player of the year.
Logically he was All-league 1st team.
He won a title with Cibona in a sweep.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:25 PM   #104
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Dario Sarić withdrew from the draft.

He was the Croatian league MVP,best forward and domestic player of the year.
Logically he was All-league 1st team.
He won a title with Cibona in a sweep.

really?
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:47 PM   #105
Rameek
Krust Kingz

He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out....

Maybe MVP of Croatia is translated differently in Croatian than in English
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: