Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-07-2013, 03:14 PM   #106
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Draft Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi

really?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
He's in, He's out, He's in, He's out....

Maybe MVP of Croatia is translated differently in Croatian than in English
Here's the link for you non believers: http://crosarka.com/hrvatska-muska-k...rvenstva-22943

"Mladi Šibenčanin dobio je čak tri individualna priznanja, a ona su redom za najboljeg igrača lige, za najbolje krilo lige i za najboljeg domaćeg igrača."

Translation: "Young player from Sibenik got 3 individual awards,MVP of the league,best forward of the league and the best domestic player."
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:17 PM   #107
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
Here's the link for you non believers: http://crosarka.com/hrvatska-muska-k...rvenstva-22943

"Mladi Šibenčanin dobio je čak tri individualna priznanja, a ona su redom za najboljeg igrača lige, za najbolje krilo lige i za najboljeg domaćeg igrača."

Translation: "Young player from Sibenik got 3 individual awards,MVP of the league,best forward of the league and the best domestic player."

No no I wasn't a "nonbeliever", I was just astonished at the news Such a young player already winning the MVP in a big league.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 04:29 PM   #108
Clutch
Stop flopping

Clutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableClutch is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasi
No no I wasn't a "nonbeliever", I was just astonished at the news Such a young player already winning the MVP in a big league.
It's not really a big league but it's surely an accomplishment.

He averaged 15.7 points,9.3 rebounds and 2 assists on 50% shooting (36% for three) in the Finals. That's quite impressive.
Clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 05:20 PM   #109
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clutch
It's not really a big league but it's surely an accomplishment.

He averaged 15.7 points,9.3 rebounds and 2 assists on 50% shooting (36% for three) in the Finals. That's quite impressive.
I was making a bad joke... MVP in the draft, out the draft, in the draft, out the draft...

I have no dog in the fight over Dario... He wont be in the NBA so its ok. I wish him the best.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:32 AM   #110
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With the talk that Shabazz Muhammad's stock is dropping, do you think he falls far enough to 1 of Atlanta's picks for us to get a deal done for him.

He doesn't fill a need but if a guy is dropping as fast as he is then we probably should make a move for him. At worst he is just another bench scorer next season, but then there is always the possibility of Amare being injured and Shabazz starting at the 3 with Shump at the 2.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 06:01 PM   #111
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
With the talk that Shabazz Muhammad's stock is dropping, do you think he falls far enough to 1 of Atlanta's picks for us to get a deal done for him.

He doesn't fill a need but if a guy is dropping as fast as he is then we probably should make a move for him. At worst he is just another bench scorer next season, but then there is always the possibility of Amare being injured and Shabazz starting at the 3 with Shump at the 2.

I don't think he'll fall THAT far. Not in this years draft. But then again, Perry Jones did fall incredibly far last year unexpectedly. Who knows anymore.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #112
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

For anyone on the Shane Larkin bandwagon, a week ago, he declined our offer for a workout. He against said "we have not worked out with the Knicks and have no plans to. We fully expect Shane to be gone by the time the Knicks select. We're only working out for teams with picks from 13-22,23." The Knicks pick 24th. FOH dude lol. I really don't care. I'm not as impressed by Shane as most people seemed to be. I think people are just hyped off of his combine stats. He didn't exactly dominate in college.
Old 06-12-2013, 02:54 AM   #113
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Larkin is on my list of "really hope the Knicks don't draft-"

I think there is a much better chance Larkin is on the board at 24 than he must believe.

Who is your list of hope they don't draft this guy?

Larkin
Deing
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:49 AM   #114
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
For anyone on the Shane Larkin bandwagon, a week ago, he declined our offer for a workout. He against said "we have not worked out with the Knicks and have no plans to. We fully expect Shane to be gone by the time the Knicks select. We're only working out for teams with picks from 13-22,23." The Knicks pick 24th. FOH dude lol. I really don't care. I'm not as impressed by Shane as most people seemed to be. I think people are just hyped off of his combine stats. He didn't exactly dominate in college.

He better hope he has promise from Milwaukee or Utah as rumored or else he's making a terrible decision.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #115
Rowe
Scoring Champ

New name to throw out there: BJ Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDzrqtVmPg

If we can get a 2nd Round pick or maybe its worth a reach there at #24.

He's the "change of pace" guy there at the PG position who can play either guard spot.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #116
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowe
New name to throw out there: BJ Young

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tuDzrqtVmPg

If we can get a 2nd Round pick or maybe its worth a reach there at #24.

He's the "change of pace" guy there at the PG position who can play either guard spot.
I always thought of him as explosive and exciting but I dont know it seems the game will take a little time to slow down for him on the NBA level get some man strength. I will say this I wouldnt mind jumping back into the 2nd round for him. Shoot I can see him as a JR Smith replacement. I think as the NBA season progresses and you let him make mistakes it would payoff for any team by mid season. ANY TEAM! IMPACT PLAYER possible Game Changer.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:12 PM   #117
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Dieng is certainly NOT on my list. I think getting Dieng at 24 might even be a steal.

If I had to make that list Phil Pressey and Rudy Gobert would be on it.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:29 AM   #118
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

There's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't acquire a 2nd round pick this year. At least 5 teams have multiple 2nd round picks. Of which, I think 3 have multiple 1st round picks as well. The draft is an easy way to fill roster spots with youth for cheap...especially with non guanranteed contracts from the 2nd round. We have Novak, who is tradeable for a 2nd AND we have Q and James White with non guaranteed deals. In a league where teams will trade picks for pocket change, surely we can get something done. This draft is very even from pick 1-60 for the most part. You can get a solid player in the 2nd round of this draft. Don't be lazy Grunwald.
Old 06-27-2013, 12:00 PM   #119
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
Larkin is on my list of "really hope the Knicks don't draft-"

I think there is a much better chance Larkin is on the board at 24 than he must believe.

Who is your list of hope they don't draft this guy?

Larkin
Deing
Larkin will get killed on defense. He had some nice athletic numbers at the combine but he's still 5'10 and like 170lbs. I really can't imagine him being anything more than a 3rd string pg or an awful backup on a shitty team.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:14 PM   #120
Rameek
Krust Kingz

This was an interesting tidbit from the post....

Quote:
2012:
No first-round pick
2011:
No. 17 Iman Shumpert SG (Georgia Tech): Despite ACL tear in 2012 playoffs is big piece to Knicks’ future.
2010:
No first-round pick.
2009:
No. 8 Jordan Hill PF (Arizona) Reunited with D’Antoni with Lakers was serviceable reserve and club has future plans for him.
2008:
No. 6 Danilo Gallinari F (Olimpia Milano) Budding All-Star for Nuggets who tore ACL late in the season and won’t be back until December.
2007:
No. 23 Wilson Chandler. DePaul. Impactful role-playing forward for Nuggets
2006:
No. 20 Renaldo Balkman F South Carolina: Isiah was so in love with him he forbade scouts from mentioning his name leading into draft and now is out of NBA after being banned from Phillipines Basketball Association for choking a teammate last year.
2005:
No. 7 Channing Frye: Didn’t play in 2012-13 season because of enlarged heart and future uncertain.
No. 21 (obtained in trade) Nate Robinson: PG Washington. Excellent playoffs for Bulls will earn him a decent free-agent contract in July.
No. 30 David Lee: PF Florida: Stalwart power forward for playoff club in Golden State.
2004:
No first-round pick
2003:
No. 9 Michael Sweetney PF (Georgetown) After being out of league since 2006, last attempted comeback in 2011 with Celtics before being waived.

Read more: A look back at Knicks first-round picks over the last decade http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/knicks...#ixzz2XRffdna3

I bet there is a lot hindsight 20/20.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: