Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 06-27-2013, 03:33 PM   #121
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Draft Thread

You don't always have to hit homeruns in Free Agency. Sometimes you can hit singles. Portland and Memphis have 3 2nd round picks. Cleveland, Washington, Detroit, Philly and Atlanta all have 2 2nd round picks. Furthermore, a lot of said teams have multiple 1st rounders as well. There's no reason why we shouldn't have multiple picks announced at the podium tonight. Not when we have as many holes as we do.
franchize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:40 PM   #122
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by franchize
You don't always have to hit homeruns in Free Agency. Sometimes you can hit singles. Portland and Memphis have 3 2nd round picks. Cleveland, Washington, Detroit, Philly and Atlanta all have 2 2nd round picks. Furthermore, a lot of said teams have multiple 1st rounders as well. There's no reason why we shouldn't have multiple picks announced at the podium tonight. Not when we have as many holes as we do.
I mentioned why I dont think it will happen in the "So what moves can be made" thread.
Rameek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:44 PM   #123
Rowe
Scoring Champ

Rowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRowe is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Cleveland should be willing to come off of 1 of those early 2nd rounders.

Don't see how they could be willing to add 4 more rookies to an already young, inexperienced team.
Rowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:27 PM   #124
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Rameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this boardRameek is popular on this board

Been a while since I was kind of charged for the NBA draft. I am just praying Grum does the right thing and find the most NBA ready player at any position. I hope for a 2nd round purchase.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:26 PM   #125
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

franchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterfranchize is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Not a bad pick. I would have went with Canaan but meh. I've seen worse picks tonight for sure.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:32 PM   #126
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Not a bad pick. I would have went with Canaan but meh. I've seen worse picks tonight for sure.
At least they picked a potential starter/rotation player. Not like there was much high side from this area in the draft.
Old 06-27-2013, 10:36 PM   #127
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek
At least they picked a potential starter/rotation player. Not like there was much high side from this area in the draft.
I agree. Like I said, I'm not mad
Old 06-27-2013, 10:52 PM   #128
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
I agree. Like I said, I'm not mad
Not one player in this draft could change a teams fortune by their addition. This team needs able bodies.

I think everyone in the world knows what this team needs lets see what the FO does now.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:27 AM   #129
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

No way they drafted a potential starter. They drafted an eventual replacement for James white. They both have to play if they can't get jr back.

Just don't think he was anywhere close to bpa and even if you were going sg I'd prefer quite a few other 2's. Archie Goodwin, Franklin, crabbe

Hardaway jr is a guy that can only play 1 position and isn't a creator and not an elite athlete. Not a total loss though, prob a good guy for the 9-12 spots on the roster

Just a bad draft night to pick up a backup type to your only young talented guy in shumpert. The team needed another young potential part of the core. Super safe pick - should have taken a gamble on higher ceiling talent.

Should have taken nedovic or Goodwin. Both on the board and capable of being the future pg of the Knicks.

Last edited by el gringos : 06-28-2013 at 03:29 AM.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 03:47 AM   #130
el gringos
Good college starter

el gringos has not been impressing people

Knicks should sign sf Elias Harris from Gonzaga.
el gringos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:29 AM   #131
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos
No way they drafted a potential starter. They drafted an eventual replacement for James white. They both have to play if they can't get jr back.

Just don't think he was anywhere close to bpa and even if you were going sg I'd prefer quite a few other 2's. Archie Goodwin, Franklin, crabbe

Hardaway jr is a guy that can only play 1 position and isn't a creator and not an elite athlete. Not a total loss though, prob a good guy for the 9-12 spots on the roster

Just a bad draft night to pick up a backup type to your only young talented guy in shumpert. The team needed another young potential part of the core. Super safe pick - should have taken a gamble on higher ceiling talent.

Should have taken nedovic or Goodwin. Both on the board and capable of being the future pg of the Knicks.

Goodwin is a SG
Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM   #132
Rameek
Krust Kingz

Quote:
Originally Posted by el gringos

I dont really disagree with anything you are saying. Every dude you mentioned probably have a bigger upside.

But I think all of those guys are projects. Goodwin and Franklin arent the shooters Hardaway is and Crabb isnt as good off the ball shooting as Hardaway. So I think it was based on immediate impact player that doesnt require as much coaching and development. I think that's a major factor.

Quote:
Goodwin is a SG
Dont all of these guys project to be SG.

I dont like that this might potentially move Shump to SF. Let this guy flourish at SG stop taking square pegs for round holes.

Last edited by Rameek : 06-28-2013 at 10:03 AM.
Old 06-28-2013, 11:23 AM   #133
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rameek

I dont like that this might potentially move Shump to SF. Let this guy flourish at SG stop taking square pegs for round holes.

I totally agree. We're ruining Shumpert's development with this asinine "small ball" stuff that really isn't even creating much of an advantage. Woodson is starting to remind me of Rex Ryan with his stubborn ground and pound mentality.
Old 06-28-2013, 04:54 PM   #134
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

knickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableknickscity is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm kinda surprised Jackie Carmichael didnt get drafted.

we worked him out as well, I wonder if the Knicks will put him on the summer league.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 07:49 PM   #135
franchize
"The Residential Pit"

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickscity
I'm kinda surprised Jackie Carmichael didnt get drafted.

we worked him out as well, I wonder if the Knicks will put him on the summer league.
I was thinking the same thing. He's a Carlos Boozer/ Jason Maxiell type who immediately could help out on the boards. Im with you here. Let that man compete in the summer. I'm sure we'll have some bum worse than him on our SL roster.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: