Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Default Fire 'Antoni NOW!!!!!!!!

Told you guys that 'Antoni will be the sole reason Dwight would leave:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...ers-management

Quote:
via Sources -- Dwight Howard voiced displeasure with Mike D'Antoni to GM - ESPN Los Angeles.

Much of this vibes with what we knew before. Howard has always been very careful with his comments about D'Antoni since he was hired, up to and including expressing disappointment, though more couched than Pau Gasol, about the decision to hire D'Antoni instead of Phil Jackson. There were multiple reports that Howard has disagreements about how he was being used in D'Antoni's system, including complaining about his number of shots on the box score. Entities with ties to Howard have repeatedly complained about D'Antoni on Twitter.

The Lakers need to do EVERYONE a favor......including all of us, and FIRE this Turd quickly while we can still save the franchise.

The Clippers actually won the pacific division and 2 playoff games yet they fired VDN.....we HAVE TO fire our idiot coach. I now worry that idiot Buss would hire VDN....ugh!!!!!

Last edited by DKLaker : 05-21-2013 at 05:01 PM.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #2
dd24
College superstar

Default Re: Fire 'Antoni NOW!!!!!!!!

Yeah, they need to do this well before July 1st. Dwight doesn't want to look like a coach killer. In this case I can't blame him for not wanting to play for 'antoni. The Lakers need to make this move early so it doesn't look bad on Dwight. It'll greatly increase the chances he stays. At least Kobe is still doing his best to keep Dwight here too. If Howard leaves it's going to be a long rebuilding process.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:22 PM   #3
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Couldn't agree more DK, if this is going to be the barrier for Howard staying he has to go ASAP.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:02 AM   #4
bladefd
Good college starter

Based on Jimmy Buss' track record, imagine who they would bring in next tho.. Dunleavy? Vinny del negro? Kurt Rambis? Maybe bring back Isiah Thomas next?

Argh. This is a lose-lose situation unless if they bring Phil back
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 02:52 AM   #5
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
Based on Jimmy Buss' track record, imagine who they would bring in next tho.. Dunleavy? Vinny del negro? Kurt Rambis? Maybe bring back Isiah Thomas next?

Argh. This is a lose-lose situation unless if they bring Phil back

That is my fear too....the fact is, I was horrified when we interviewed Dunleavy before hiring no "D" 'Antoni......Buss is such an incompetent idiot that he probably will blow it again......sign an idiot for 3-4 years
Old 05-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #6
bladefd
Good college starter

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have D'Antoni than Dunleavy

The issue is who will be on the Laker roster next year? Gasol may be traded. Dwight may sign somewhere else. Kobe may take a month or 2 extra with his major injury. Nash still has his back issues so he might be iffy from month to month. Jamison might go somewhere else for more money. Artest could opt out (I doubt he will). That's all of our starters and also 6th man.

Need the right coach for the job, but the personnel is still a question mark. This is why you need a versatile coach from the beginning.. Phil Jackson had one vision, Mike Brown had another, and D'antoni has another. If we get another coach, he will have another vision. This is disaster in the making.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:54 PM   #7
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:13 PM   #8
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladefd
The issue is who will be on the Laker roster next year? Gasol may be traded. Dwight may sign somewhere else.

If Dwight leaves then I don't see any way Pau gets traded. He'll be the starting C next year if that happens. Even if Dwight stays I'm not so sure they'll trade Pau. They may just want his contract to expire (along with Kobe's) to open up a whole bunch of cap space and go after another big time player. I would have to imagine they could resign Kobe and Pau for the same price they pay one of them now. Add in another all-star caliber player to that mix and the Lakers will have a very good team.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

The Clippers actually won the pacific division and 2 playoff games yet they fired VDN.....we HAVE TO fire our idiot coach. I now worry that idiot Buss would hire VDN....ugh!!!!!

Ironic the Clippers are smart enough to fire their coach to keep Chris Paul, but the Lakers aren't smart enough to fire their coach to keep Dwight Howard.....
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...is-paul-happy/
Old 05-22-2013, 06:41 PM   #10
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Ironic the Clippers are smart enough to fire their coach to keep Chris Paul, but the Lakers aren't smart enough to fire their coach to keep Dwight Howard.....
http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...is-paul-happy/

In all fairness, The clippers situation was much better than ours. Del Negro disappointed last year and people were surprised he didn't get fired. This year the team got worse. It was only right he'd go out the door this time. Surprised it took so long.

If the players want a new coach, I would agree it is the right thing to do to change the coach.

The issue that has caused me to differ from most of this board is "To Phil, or not to Phil?"

I don't think it is the right thing to do to keep running back to a 70+ year old man who's health has always been a question. Even Phil himself said that its unlikely he'd coach again.

I wouldn't mind if we brought the triangle back. I wouldnt mind if we brought Brian Shaw, or Scottie Pippen....I just don't think Phil is the right move.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #11
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
In all fairness, The clippers situation was much better than ours. Del Negro disappointed last year and people were surprised he didn't get fired. This year the team got worse. It was only right he'd go out the door this time. Surprised it took so long.

If the players want a new coach, I would agree it is the right thing to do to change the coach.

The issue that has caused me to differ from most of this board is "To Phil, or not to Phil?"

I don't think it is the right thing to do to keep running back to a 70+ year old man who's health has always been a question. Even Phil himself said that its unlikely he'd coach again.

I wouldn't mind if we brought the triangle back. I wouldnt mind if we brought Brian Shaw, or Scottie Pippen....I just don't think Phil is the right move.

I don't expect Phil to coach anymore. But to have the best front line in the game and a guy who won't utilize it doesn't make sense. Then to potentially lose Howard for absolutely nothing because of it just makes matters worse. It was a bad hire with 'antoni. People need to quit sticking up for him. He did a horrible job in NY and he did a bad job here. I'll give you three guesses as to how well he does with his next job

I actually don't think the Clippers have been disappointing. They've pretty much did what I expected them too. I thought at best they were a 2nd round team this year. They're extremely limited offensively. Blake Griffin doesn't have a ton of post moves. He's still a lob dunker. While he's a good player he still lacks in quite a few areas. Jordan's offensive game was better this season but he's still not a big threat. So no low post scoring makes things hard.... especially with Griffin not 100%. I think the Clippers would've finished the same with any coach.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:56 PM   #12
DKLaker

Quote:
I don't expect Phil to coach anymore. But to have the best front line in the game and a guy who won't utilize it doesn't make sense. Then to potentially lose Howard for absolutely nothing because of it just makes matters worse. It was a bad hire with 'antoni. People need to quit sticking up for him. He did a horrible job in NY and he did a bad job here. I'll give you three guesses as to how well he does with his next job

I actually don't think the Clippers have been disappointing. They've pretty much did what I expected them too. I thought at best they were a 2nd round team this year. They're extremely limited offensively. Blake Griffin doesn't have a ton of post moves. He's still a lob dunker. While he's a good player he still lacks in quite a few areas. Jordan's offensive game was better this season but he's still not a big threat. So no low post scoring makes things hard.... especially with Griffin not 100%. I think the Clippers would've finished the same with any coach.

It worries me when I hear guys naming Pippen and Shaw as our head coach.
Just because you know how to run the Triangle......or any other offense doesn't make you a good coach. You still have to know how to use your bench, how to make adjustments, how to coach defense, how to manage egos, when to stand up to your players, how to work the refs, how to keep your focus in an intense situation......and a whole lot more, and just because a guy had some of these traits as a player doesn't mean he will with a suit on.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 PM   #13
kkinchen
High school junior varsity star

For once me and DKLaker agree on something! Yeah, they have a realistic chance of coaxing Phil Jackson out of retirement according to his recent statements while promoting his book. And that gives us the best chance of keeping Dwight to bring Phil in.....
kkinchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:20 PM   #14
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:

You bring up good points with the clippers. But there were a few other perimeter players on that team that could have been utilized differently and create offense for others. I feel like that is the curse with having Chris Paul on any team, is that he would probably pressure the coach to make him the only ball handler. The only person to back up CP3 was Crawford. EVery other decent guard had to kinda play off ball and sacrifice a bit, which made it easy for opponents to take a guess on who was going to be handling the ball most of the time.

Del Negro though....I honestly didn't see any signs that the players really cared about what he said. They were down every game in the playoffs and they just looked flat, uninspired, careless. At this point, that is when you might want to question who you want as your team's leader. Shoot even D'Antoni could have taken the clippers further just because his philosophies fit every player on that team. Big guys that can run and dunk, a point guard that is just phenomenal, and a bunch of perimeter guys who'd love to shoot early in the shot clock.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:21 PM   #15
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker

It worries me when I hear guys naming Pippen and Shaw as our head coach.
Just because you know how to run the Triangle......or any other offense doesn't make you a good coach. You still have to know how to use your bench, how to make adjustments, how to coach defense, how to manage egos, when to stand up to your players, how to work the refs, how to keep your focus in an intense situation......and a whole lot more, and just because a guy had some of these traits as a player doesn't mean he will with a suit on.

I guess re-thinking it, I wouldn't like Pippen. But players seem to respect Brian Shaw wherever he may go. Not to mention, he's got Indiana's defense looking pretty good. Then Vogel had to go ahead and ruin that by benching hibbert lol....What do you think of that move?
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: