Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 AM   #16
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people
Default Re: That feels, bro. I hate TORONTO

I think Toronto classifies as world class, it just happens to be full of shitheads.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:08 AM   #17
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

How cute: a whole thread of Canadians talking to other Canadians about Canadians, like they're relevant or something.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #18
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufuspaul
How cute: a whole thread of Canadians talking to other Canadians about Canadians, like they're relevant or something.

All this coming from someone that lives in Charlotte.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:24 AM   #19
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
How cute...an American trying to show his own relevance by down playing other peoples relevance's. Adorable
Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:25 AM   #20
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Google the term world class and get back to me.

world-class (wūrldkls)
adj.
1. Ranking among the foremost in the world; of an international standard of excellence; of the highest order.

So you think that describes Toronto?
Old 05-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #21
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
All this coming from someone that lives in Charlotte.

Well at least I don't have to freeze my ass off with a bunch of rude people. Now I need to get back to planning some golf outings, in December.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #22
hateraid
Is it in you?

hateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterhateraid is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Come to Philly. Us rude assholes never hold doors open.
hateraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:17 PM   #23
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

Quote:
Originally Posted by hateraid
Come to Philly. Us rude assholes never hold doors open.

I loved it when the 76ers played in the FU Center. The name was just so fitting.
Old 05-22-2013, 12:33 PM   #24
Mr. I'm So Rad
So What If It Is

Mr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMr. I'm So Rad is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

This. Every place in Canada is a blight on existence.
Mr. I'm So Rad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:26 PM   #25
Just2McFly
By Any Means

Just2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputationJust2McFly has a terrific reputation

Quote:
world-class (wūrldkls)
adj.
1. Ranking among the foremost in the world; of an international standard of excellence; of the highest order.

Because being one of the safest, most economically powerful metropolis on the face of the earth with an extremely diverse population wouldn't classify as world class in your mind?

You are clueless.

Toronto is classified as an Alpha(3rd Tier) world class city. On the same level as Beijing, LA, Madrid, Moscow,etc...
Just2McFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 01:32 PM   #26
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
world-class (wūrldkls)
adj.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_most_livable_cities

Take that for whatever you feel it's worth. Having spent much of my time downtown and in the suburbs, I don't feel either end is more polite. Off the boat Chinese people down town won't say thank you or apologize if they bump into you....South Asian people straight off the boat in Mississauga and so on won't say thank you or apologize either. For me, at least the Chinese people will act like nothing happened and keep on walking whereas I always find I open doors (ie. walking into the bank) for Indian people (usually a mother and a young adult son) and they will give me this awkward look, drop their eyes and walk by. Asshole and awkward as ****. lol

Other than that, I find Toronto to be very pleasant (been to many cities and it doesn't stand out as worse than any, but definitely better than some). People are always willing to help if needed and are polite. Maybe I'm living in a parallel universe...I dunno.

I'm sorry if my positive outlook offends you. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #27
MetsPackers
new based god

MetsPackers has decent reputation

Quote:
Why do people keep on saying Toronto is a "world class city"?? It's obviously not. You can't compare Paris & New York to Toronto.

Have to agree with this. As someone who has spent about 2 monthes total in toronto and lived in NYC, I gota say Toronto is nowhere near the city NYC is.
MetsPackers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #28
Bucket_Nakedz
Buckle up

Bucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this boardBucket_Nakedz is popular on this board

sounds like everyday in 'murica. buck up!
Bucket_Nakedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #29
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just2McFly
Because being one of the safest, most economically powerful metropolis on the face of the earth with an extremely diverse population wouldn't classify as world class in your mind?

You are clueless.

Toronto is classified as an Alpha(3rd Tier) world class city. On the same level as Beijing, LA, Madrid, Moscow,etc...

3rd Tier maybe, but "world class" means the city is at the top for tourism, arts, music, economy, safety, transportation, education etc.

Comparing Toronto to NYC, Paris, London, Tokyo, Hong Kong, etc is just ignorant. If you truly believe Toronto is on par with these cities, you need to go out and see the world.

I don't see why you're so offended by Toronto not being a world class city. I live in Toronto & I'm not afraid to admit that we're not.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:45 PM   #30
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

[quote=Dolphin]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_city

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World's_most_livable_cities

I agree that Toronto is probably one of the safest places to raise a family, but just because the city is safe, doesn't mean it's "world class".
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: