Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-22-2013, 10:36 PM   #16
DMV2
Keep on Rockin in...

DMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableDMV2 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How often do you parallel park?

I've done handful but usually there's enough space between for me to even try to get in.
DMV2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:08 AM   #17
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Once, MAYBE twice a year if at all
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:14 AM   #18
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

I don't do it often, but my driving instructor years ago, made the easiest reference points to remember, and it's worked for the last 3 cars I've owned.
Line the back end of the (front) car midway along the back passenger window. Swing ass end in as you're reversing, get the car to a 45 degree angle, then swing the front of that bitch in getting as close as possible to the car in front.

Pretty much fail safe. Most of the time doesn't even need realigning.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:17 AM   #19
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere
I don't do it often, but my driving instructor years ago, made the easiest reference points to remember, and it's worked for the last 3 cars I've owned.
Line the back end of the (front) car midway along the back passenger window. Swing ass end in as you're reversing, get the car to a 45 degree angle, then swing the front of that bitch in getting as close as possible to the car in front.

You say get the car to a 45-degree angle but how close or far from the curb before you start to swing the front in?
Old 05-23-2013, 02:36 AM   #20
plowking
Banned

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have to do it just about every day getting to university, and work.

I find it easier than a front on park. I actually reverse my car into front on parks since you have more control over the car in terms of angling in the way you want.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #21
TylerOO
Back in Cleveland!

TylerOO has decent reputationTylerOO has decent reputation

I have never done it since getting my license. I barely remember how to do it.
TylerOO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:47 AM   #22
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

I live in a place where it's essential that you know how to do it, but I avoid it most of the time. I only do it if the space between two cars is huge. I'd rather find an easier place to park and walk a little bit extra for some exercise.

HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #23
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
I have to do it just about every day getting to university, and work.

I find it easier than a front on park. I actually reverse my car into front on parks since you have more control over the car in terms of angling in the way you want.
What do you mean by "front on park"? Please elaborate. Thx
Old 05-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #24
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Never. Parking is never so bad where I live that I can't find another park in a minute that I can get into without parallel parking.

Maybe I would when I go into the city, but I have access to a parking garage there, so I don't need to do it.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:08 AM   #25
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Kabong
Never. Parking is never so bad where I live that I can't find another park in a minute that I can get into without parallel parking.

Maybe I would when I go into the city, but I have access to a parking garage there, so I don't need to do it.
Get radical and start parallel parking even when there're no other cars around just because. The ladies will be impressed. I heard the most interesting man in the world does it.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:22 AM   #26
SevereUpInHere
Utryin2getthepipe?

SevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation hereSevereUpInHere has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeFromDust
You say get the car to a 45-degree angle but how close or far from the curb before you start to swing the front in?

I don't pay attention to the kerb really, just swing the nose in as soon as you possibly think you can get it in there.
SevereUpInHere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:45 PM   #27
Quizno
Biyombo Smash!!

Quizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation hereQuizno has an incredible reputation here

not too often but every once in a while. i'm not bad at it. my masterpiece was parallel parking on like a 40 degree hill in san francisco in a tight spot between two cars. it was a nightmare. and the girl i liked was in the car with me. and i got that shit on the first try. now that girl is my girlfried and that's prolly why
Quizno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:55 PM   #28
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

erry day

im pro at it.

My only problem that I often spin the wheel too much too early. Hate when that happens
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 03:57 PM   #29
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevereUpInHere

Exactly how I was taught. Works like a charm.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #30
rufuspaul
Kubla Kemba

rufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablerufuspaul is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quizno
not too often but every once in a while. i'm not bad at it. my masterpiece was parallel parking on like a 40 degree hill in san francisco in a tight spot between two cars. it was a nightmare. and the girl i liked was in the car with me. and i got that shit on the first try. now that girl is my girlfried and that's prolly why

I have to parallell park every fucking day. I just got a new 4Runner that has a backup camera. Shit is fool proof now.
rufuspaul is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: