Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-05-2006, 03:01 AM   #31
2LeTTeRS KD
Both teams played hard

2LeTTeRS KD has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgbigballer9329
I remember the Jordan years well and I never remember anyone saying Pippen was better than Jordan. What I DID hear people say was that they were the two best players in the game, and I occasionally heard people refer to Mike as 1a and Scottie as 1b.

I remember hearing that too, but at barber shops I swear I've heard people claiming him to be even greater than Jordan. I think a few old-timers from ISH have said the same thing. Pip was the truth, unfortunatley his prime was only about 8-9 years
2LeTTeRS KD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:32 AM   #32
Juvenile
High School Varsity 12th Man

Juvenile has no real reputation yet.

Gay is a little bigger that Pippen was, while still sporting a similar athletic level. I doubt there is such a difference between them, that you could say one's definitely the more athletic of them. I dont think he'll be even close to Pippen level ever, but he might have a tiny little chance to be that. So Draftexpress sying this a optimum output possible by Gay, I guess they're kinda right.
Juvenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:54 AM   #33
Spiderman08 24
Banned

Spiderman08 24 has not been impressing people

Wow, Gay is so overrated, it's not even funny.

He won't be anything special. Book it.
Spiderman08 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 07:49 AM   #34
Aussie Outcast
Kids at the park dunk on me

Aussie Outcast has an OK reputation so far

If he gets to half the player pippen was then he should be happy. On a side note i think pippen is one fo the few perimeter players taht even loki would haev to say can dominate the game just as much on defense then on offence.
Aussie Outcast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:08 AM   #35
Bigtortiaman
I airball my layups

Bigtortiaman has an OK reputation so far

acording nbadraft.net he is

NBA Comparison: Scottie Pippen

Strengths: Run and jump athlete who finishes well above the rim ... High flyer ... Very versatile... Does everything well ... Complete offensive arsenal... Can hit the mid range jumper... Excellent at slashing to the hoop... Accurate passer who is very unselfish... Does the majority of his damage in the post ... Very strong and stays active throughout the game ... Very tough to defend... Doesn’t get pushed around down low ... Runs the floor well ... Tough on the boards... Has a passion for the game ... Works harder than everyone else on the court ... A coach’s dream player ... Will most likely play on the wing at the next level ... Has great potential.

Weaknesses: Ball handling could stand to improve ... Must gain maturity ... Develop physically ... His glaring weaknesses are his inexperience and his handle. His handle has improved dramatically but learning that phase late has slowed him moderately ... He will be star with some college seasoning ... He has only really been coached for a year and a half now so if UConn can get 2 years out of him he will be one of the baddest things to come out of college since Tim Duncan ...
Bigtortiaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 09:04 AM   #36
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Damn yall reall think so? Maybe I'm looking at Pip in my Bull tinted rose-colored shades but I seriously believed Pip was only a smidgen less of an athlete than MJ was. Is Gay seriously that great of an athlete or am I overrating Pippens athleticism.
Nah, you're right KD. Pippen was a freak. Anyone saying Gay will be clearly more athletic than Pippen is probably just plain wrong.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:01 AM   #37
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Gay has done absolutly nothing, D.Brown made all the big shots for U.Conn.
Gay has out done anything. He is more like Jared Jefferies.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:21 AM   #38
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

rudy gay is the next tracy mcgrady
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:25 AM   #39
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

craigthomasb are you dissing McGrady, making a joke or high on nutmag?
Old 06-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #40
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default calm down

Guys clam down I think the OP was referring to the plain attribute of athleticism when comparing the two.

However, athletically I believe they are about the same though Scottie has both more body control and footspeed.

Rudy has slightly better hops and if i'm not mistaken he'z a bit stronger physically.

I'm a Uconn fan at the collegiate level and I've experienced watching Rudy at least 30+ times throughout his first two years, and believe me he's not going to be NEARLY as good as Pippen.

Still going to be a solid pro, a poor man's combination of Tayshaun/Lewis/Butler/GeraldWallace/Pippen/MarvinWilliams/JumaineJones.
Producing 19/6/3/1.5/1.5 throughout his career, (optimistic)

But the knocking on his mental attitude is ridiculous. Yes we know he'z soft but the mental aspect of a player ISNT EVERYTHING as idiots like geewhiz have claimed. IMO that's not as much of an issue as his overall skill. Rudy's midrange game is suspect at times and his ballhandling, which should be the main forms of criticism, not his competitive desire. Plus anyone who thinks he's a lazy guy is clearly mistaken. His work ethic is one of the tops in all of college and you could see the steady improvement throughout his college career, plus he TRIES on defense and hustles (sometimes.)
Old 06-05-2006, 12:06 PM   #41
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Gay will be Jared Jefferies minus 2 inches
Old 06-05-2006, 12:20 PM   #42
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default credibility loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
Gay will be Jared Jefferies minus 2 inches

No, Rudy's got an outside game, he'z versatile and a pretty solid passer. Not going to be classified as a top 5 worst starter in the league.

Honestly you guys should watch more CBB, it's entertaining.

I enjoy reading posts from GOBB, fatboy, and theGame when it comes to critiquing rookies because at least they got some credibility.

You trolls don't even know anything about the hottest college prospects so i would advise the classic STFU, ok.
Old 06-05-2006, 12:28 PM   #43
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

He's the ish!
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 01:03 PM   #44
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
No, Rudy's got an outside game, he'z versatile and a pretty solid passer. Not going to be classified as a top 5 worst starter in the league.

Honestly you guys should watch more CBB, it's entertaining.

I enjoy reading posts from GOBB, fatboy, and theGame when it comes to critiquing rookies because at least they got some credibility.

You trolls don't even know anything about the hottest college prospects so i would advise the classic STFU, ok.

I've been watching Gay since Arch. Bisp. Spalding.
I believe I know his game quite well actually, Jefferies made college 3 point range also when he was at IU, He is long like Jefferies with that huge wingspan he can play 2,3 or 4 like Jefferies can he has a awesome vertical and he is a great finisher and passer, however he is not assertive just like Jefferies, i'm secondfiddle another poster nice guy alter ego, therefore I will not attack you, however I will remember your user name and get at you when I return as my normal self.
Old 06-05-2006, 01:14 PM   #45
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I guess Rudy just seems more athletic because he seems more explosive. Scottie was just so smooth that he didn't look like a super athlete.

At any rate, athleticism is about the only thing that Rudy has that is even close to Pippen's level.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: