Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-05-2006, 01:52 PM   #46
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
I guess Rudy just seems more athletic because he seems more explosive. Scottie was just so smooth that he didn't look like a super athlete.

At any rate, athleticism is about the only thing that Rudy has that is even close to Pippen's level.

agreed

Gay is Jared Jefferies with an awesome vertical.
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:27 PM   #47
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default ok

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
agreed

Gay is Jared Jefferies with an awesome vertical.

I appreciate your comeback, but honestly Jared Jeffries was a great college player who was unable to transfer into the NBA mentally.

He'z a one of a kind passive guy.

Rudy is a MUCH more dependable scorer because he has a wide array of moves including an interior hookshot and he'z pretty aggressive when he gets inside.

Jeffries shows signs of brilliance, but his inconfidence causes him to brick layups VERY often.
Old 06-05-2006, 03:33 PM   #48
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.

i can see where your comparing gay and jefferies but when gay developes a shot, at his best potential we'll be comparing him to tracy mcgrady in a few years
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 03:34 PM   #49
SecondFiddle
Local High School Star

SecondFiddle has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
I appreciate your comeback, but honestly Jared Jeffries was a great college player who was unable to transfer into the NBA mentally.

He'z a one of a kind passive guy.

Rudy is a MUCH more dependable scorer because he has a wide array of moves including an interior hookshot and he'z pretty aggressive when he gets inside.

Jeffries shows signs of brilliance, but his inconfidence causes him to brick layups VERY often.

Gay is passive also, Jefferies led his team to the Championship game he showed more aggression in my view than Gay at the same age, Gay is the same player with up explosion (up's)
SecondFiddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #50
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation

Rudy gay to me looks like a Stacy augmon/poor mans shawn marion combo.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:22 PM   #51
craigthomasb
College star

craigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation herecraigthomasb has an incredible reputation here

gay will pull a "charlie V" and defy his chritics excpet on a larger scale than villaneuava

slate him all you like, but most of last year he was the clear cut #1 choice for the draft and theres obviously a reason why hes still floating round top 4-5
craigthomasb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 08:49 PM   #52
BigTMacFan
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BigTMacFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Rudy Gay impression? Next Pippen at best?

What kind of question is that?

I might be reading this wrong but when I read "Next Pippen at best?" doesn't that mean that he might "only" be as good as Scottie Pippen?

So his ceiling is Scottie Pippen? Only Scottie Pippen? Top-20-Player-Ever Scottie Pippen?

If Rudy Gay turns into "Scottie Pippen" at best then whatever team drafts him will have made an incredible pick.
BigTMacFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #53
Shepseskaf
Old School

Shepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputationShepseskaf has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS KD
Pippen was a shut-down defender, arguably the best man-to-man defender on teh perimeter ever, who also was a monster in the passing lane. He also was a great distributor (showed that he could play the point as late as his days with the Blazers), crazy athletic, could finish over anybody eitehr with a monster dunk or acrobatic layup, had range beyond the 3 point line, basically had every skill you could ask for in a player, and had no real weaknesses. When he played there was always a vocal minority that thought he was as good as MJ. His problem was his perceived lack of maturity at times (i.e. not entering a game when the final shot was called for Kucok instead of him) and choking at the end of big games. I guess if it helps think of a 6'7-6'8 KG.
I agree with most of this, except the "no real weaknesses" part. Scottie's main weakness was his ugly, inconsistent shot (flat as a pancake). Because his shots always came at the basketball on a straight line they tended to kick hard off the rim. He rarely got the benefit of a "shooters-touch" roll. With a better shooting form his fg % and scoring would certainly have been higher.
Shepseskaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 10:27 PM   #54
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
But they can't shoot.

Gay has a fine shot. It isn't anything beyond, but it certainly not a bad shooter.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:07 PM   #55
POP A SHOT
Kids at the park dunk on me

POP A SHOT has decent reputation

gay will be a niice addition to any team but i dont see him touching pippen
POP A SHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #56
PP34Deuce
Good college starter

PP34Deuce has decent reputationPP34Deuce has decent reputation
Default Rudy Gay mix of Youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GTfHMilgl...rch=rudy%20gay

I watch his highlights and i thnk of a ballhandling shawn marion as far as style of play. hes a better driver,but feeds off of dunks,and lay ups.
PP34Deuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:29 PM   #57
POP A SHOT
Kids at the park dunk on me

POP A SHOT has decent reputation

the guy is an amazing athelete
POP A SHOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:40 PM   #58
KillaBee
Athletic Park Baller

KillaBee has an OK reputation so far

He looks to me like a more skilled Josh Smith, maybe its just the high socks though.
KillaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:45 PM   #59
Twiens
lakers/raptors

Twiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat coolTwiens is considered somewhat cool

Wow, didn't know he could get up that high.
Twiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 11:55 PM   #60
BlackMoses
High school junior varsity star

BlackMoses has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondFiddle
I've been watching Gay since Arch. Bisp. Spalding.
I believe I know his game quite well actually, Jefferies made college 3 point range also when he was at IU, He is long like Jefferies with that huge wingspan he can play 2,3 or 4 like Jefferies can he has a awesome vertical and he is a great finisher and passer, however he is not assertive just like Jefferies, i'm secondfiddle another poster nice guy alter ego, therefore I will not attack you, however I will remember your user name and get at you when I return as my normal self.

Rudy is definitely "thicker" than Jefferies is/was/will ever be and is much more suited for taking contact in the lane and finishing in traffic. Not saying he will necesarrily, but the potential is there, were it never even existed for Jefferie's skinny body.
BlackMoses is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: