Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Toronto Raptors Forum

Toronto Raptors Forum Toronto Raptors message board - Toronto Raptors forum

Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #1
Dr.Funk
Decent college freshman

Dr.Funk has decent reputationDr.Funk has decent reputation
Default Colangelo OUT as GM!!!

Quote:
According to multiple reports, Bryan Colangelo's tenure as president and general manager of the Toronto Raptors has come to an end.

But that doesn't mean his stay in Toronto is over altogether. Colangelo will reportedly stay on with Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment in a corporate, non-basketball role. According to reportsm MLSE is also attempting to lure Denver Nuggets general manager Masai Ujiri to take over for Colangelo and run the Raptors basketball operations.

Adrian Wojnarowski of Yahoo! Sports wrote on twitter this morning, "Colangelo's finalizing agreement to move over to business side, leaving basketball ops. Ownership preparing major financial offer for Ujiri."

http://www.tsn.ca/nba/story/?id=423600
Dr.Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:01 PM   #2
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Colangelo OUT as GM!!!

While I'm not happy that he's still a part of the organization, this gives me some hope:

Quote:
corporate, non-basketball role.

Good.
Qwyjibo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:39 PM   #3
Sakkreth
Raptors/LTU/Zalgiris

Sakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation hereSakkreth has an incredible reputation here

Will be hard to find someone who's worse than him as gm, but with raptors u never know.
Sakkreth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #4
Chamberlain
Riggin' for Wiggins!

Chamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputationChamberlain has a terrific reputation

I feel like I just got out of an abusive relationship.
Chamberlain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM   #5
Legends66NBA7
Birds of a Feather

Legends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLegends66NBA7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakkreth
Will be hard to find someone who's worse than him as gm, but with raptors u never know.

Rob Babcock was worse.
Legends66NBA7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
Zan Tabak
Only the finest

Zan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation hereZan Tabak has an incredible reputation here

Zan Tabak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
keantona
I hit open 5-footers

keantona has decent reputation

thank christ
keantona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #8
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Tim Leiweke
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #9
Jballer
Local High School Star

Jballer has decent reputationJballer has decent reputation

Careful what you wish for :

One word : Ujiri.

Is this the very same Ujiri hired by Collangelo to be an assit GM before Denver ?

Is this the very same Ujiri that was so high on Bargnani that he came over after storngly recommneding he draft him 1st over all ?

I am entirely uncertain if he would be my choice regardless of where BC works. Further BC brought him to the NBA did he not ?

It would frankly be better if BC simply moved on and they brought in the basketball guy they want - decisively - as per post below.
Jballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:23 PM   #10
Himan12
On the clouds

Himan12 has an OK reputation so far

Its been a long time coming. Still don't like the parasite being around though.
Himan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:40 PM   #11
DJMason
High School JV MVP

DJMason is considered somewhat coolDJMason is considered somewhat cool

Someone needs to explain to me how president of the Raptors is a "non basketball operations" role.

I should have known this story was too good to be true.
DJMason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:22 PM   #12
letshaveacorona
I airball my layups

letshaveacorona has not been impressing people

i dont mind keeping BC on as President especially since it has been made clear itvwill be in a non basketball operations role meaning drafting, trades, free agents etc and the new GM will report directly to Lewieke. Classy move!! I mean think about it this way BC made alot of strides corporate wise to move this team forward. it was the first team to have uts own NBA tv channel. first to have 3d in the arena. has created tons of co munity programs not only on toronto but across canada. we ll agree BC failed s GM of the raptors by not being able to construct a chmpionship calibre team in the 7 years hes been here but you cant deny his efforts as president at the corporate level. hes a veryvwell respected executive who can offer a lotvto this organization and keeping him on will help take some of the early job pressures off of Lewieke. in a few years BC will probably be offered another President/GM role somewhere else and he will be gone but in the meantime im perfectly fine keeping him in his corporate role and away from basketball player decisions. besides on a more humanitarian level the dude win or lose gave his best and hes one of us i mean this guy really really loves toronto and wanted to be a part of this organization. hes a raptor. this is a classy move for the raptors and will be viewed like that by the entire nba including the next GM, our own players, and possible player recruits. way to go Lewikie treating people with respect is the first step in creating a new culture in torontonone that has the potential to be a place where top players want to live and play!!
letshaveacorona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #13
bluerap
Local High School Star

bluerap has decent reputation

very interesting read

http://www.thestar.com/sports/raptor...b_ke lly.html
bluerap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #14
kmart
No props needed

kmart has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jballer
Careful what you wish for :

One word : Ujiri.

Is this the very same Ujiri hired by Collangelo to be an assit GM before Denver ?

Yes, he was hired from Denver

Quote:
Is this the very same Ujiri that was so high on Bargnani that he came over after storngly recommneding he draft him 1st over all ?

No, he came to the Raps after the Bargs draft.

Quote:
I am entirely uncertain if he would be my choice regardless of where BC works. Further BC brought him to the NBA did he not ?

No BC did not bring him in, I believe the Nuggets did. Colangelojust hired him away from the Nuggets.

Quote:
It would frankly be better if BC simply moved on and they brought in the basketball guy they want - decisively - as per post below.

It's not BC's decision anymore.
kmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:48 AM   #15
bokes15
Playoffs!

bokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbokes15 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

They said on ESPN that he's still retaining his role as president, just not GM. Is that not true?
bokes15 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: