Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Conservative Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smokes crack with Somali dealers

This guy is the definition of a hot mess. Once saw him driving down the street, his car literally was smeared with mud

The only thing funnier than watching this guy's political career implode is the fact that people actually voted for this guy.

Default Re: Conservative Toronto Mayor Rob Ford smokes crack with Somali dealers

Looks like he's just having some brews with the homies.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Looks like he's just having some brews with the homies.
    that picture is not the evidence.

Someone has the video but wants to be paid 200k before he gives it up because it's his property.

That picture is being used because both dudes in the pic were well known drug dealers who were murdered recently.

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    There hasn't been any proof of this "video". Gawker raised $200,000 to buy the video from the "drug dealers", but after raising the amount needed, they suddenly can't find the contact? I call BS

The Toronto media has been trying to ruin Ford for years now. I agree this mayor isn't the smartest guy, but he turned a $774 million deficit to a $90 million surplus for the city.

Only reason why a lot of people hate him is because he pissed off a lot of rich & corrupt people to turn that deficit into a surplus.

People in the city respect him for that, which is why these fake stories aren't gaining any momentum.
    you realize that this deficit you are speaking off is complete bullshit? When Mayor Miller left office there was a surplus in excess of $360 million. The $774 million number was a projected figure for the year 2012 taking into consideration the new budget. That means it had nothing to do with Mayor David Miller, and everything to do with rationalizing Ford's cost-cutting agenda because, as a Conservative politician, he is fundamentally and ideologically against taxes. Miller used taxes to create a surplus by anticipating the deficit and raising taxes in order to break even, and every end of year, he ended with a surplus. The deficit amounts are ESTIMATES for the next year, rarely in Toronto's history since amalgamation has a Mayor actually finished the year with a deficit.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

A Canadian conservative is equal to an American liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    A Canadian conservative is equal to an American liberal.
    not really but yes there is a difference between American republicans and Canadian Tories/Reformers

Quote Originally Posted by Burgz V2
    you realize that this deficit you are speaking off is complete bullshit? When Mayor Miller left office there was a surplus in excess of $360 million. The $774 million number was a projected figure for the year 2012 taking into consideration the new budget. That means it had nothing to do with Mayor David Miller, and everything to do with rationalizing Ford's cost-cutting agenda because, as a Conservative politician, he is fundamentally and ideologically against taxes. Miller used taxes to create a surplus by anticipating the deficit and raising taxes in order to break even, and every end of year, he ended with a surplus. The deficit amounts are ESTIMATES for the next year, rarely in Toronto's history since amalgamation has a Mayor actually finished the year with a deficit.
    So you're praising a mayor for raising taxes, while Ford is the bad guy here?

The way I see it, minus all the bs, Ford really isn't a horrible mayor. Our city needs someone like Ford. The city doesn't even have enough money to fix the gardiner. Cuts to money pits in the city is NOT a bad thing.

But I guess you rather him raise taxes instead?

Quote Originally Posted by n00bie
    So you're praising a mayor for raising taxes, while Ford is the bad guy here?

The way I see it, minus all the bs, Ford really isn't a horrible mayor. Our city needs someone like Ford. The city doesn't even have enough money to fix the gardiner. Cuts to money pits in the city is NOT a bad thing.

But I guess you rather him raise taxes instead?
    now I know why your name is noobie.

LINK
    Toronto Mayor Rob Ford told senior aides not to worry about a video appearing to show him smoking crack cocaine because he knew where it was, sources told the Star.
    Ford then blurted out the address of two 17th-floor units — 1701 and 1703 — at a Dixon Rd. apartment complex, to the shock of staffers at a city hall meeting
    almost two weeks ago, the sources said.
    The mayor cited “our contacts” as the source of his information, according to insiders familiar with the unusual May 17 session in his office.
    Staffers were alarmed by the implication of hearing so precise a location, sources said.

Around the table at city hall on May 17 were operations and logistics director David Price, then deputy chief of staff Earl Provost, press secretary George Christopoulos and others. Missing from the meeting was Mark Towhey, then Ford’s chief of staff. Also not in attendance was communications special assistant Isaac Ransom.
    Towhey was fired last Thursday after counselling Ford to seek help for his health. Christopoulos and Ransom resigned “on principle” Monday, and Provost is now chief of staff.
    The Star sent emails outlining the allegations, complete with a series of questions, to all people named in this report. As of press time, none had responded to requests for interviews.
    One of the key questions the Star asked of Ford was how he came to know, the day after the video news broke, of the Dixon Rd. apartment numbers.
    So the mayor claims to know exactly where the video is AND it's alleged that the person whose phone it was was killed!!!!
    http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20..._rob_ford.html

How is Chris Farley not alive to star in this movie?
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 05-30-2013 at 05:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Seriously, he would absolutely kill in this scene
    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...onference.html
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 05-30-2013 at 07:00 PM.

LINK

So the mayor claims to know exactly where the video is AND it's alleged that the person whose phone it was was killed!!!!
    http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20..._rob_ford.html

two of the guys in the photo the OP posted were murdered recently, before this story even broke. However, I think it's too early to discern the sequence of events without the video itself, whether they were murdered before or after it was filmed.

But the claims that he knew about the video seem to be legit. Three senior staffers yesterday, another two today. His office is falling apart. Tommy Boy has really stepped in it this time.

two of the guys in the photo the OP posted were murdered recently, before this story even broke. However, I think it's too early to discern the sequence of events without the video itself, whether they were murdered before or after it was filmed.

But the claims that he knew about the video seem to be legit. Three senior staffers yesterday, another two today. His office is falling apart. Tommy Boy has really stepped in it this time.
    Do they call him Tommy Boy? That's awesome.

Wasn't the photo a screen capture from the video? If so, they would have obviously been murdered afterwards. I thought the photo was supposed to represent what was on the video. And that the phone's owner was murdered to obtain this valuable video. It seriously is like a Raymond Chandler story up there.

Also the second person was shot but survived, correct?

Do they call him Tommy Boy? That's awesome.

Wasn't the photo a screen capture from the video? If so, they would have obviously been murdered afterwards. I thought the photo was supposed to represent what was on the video. And that the phone's owner was murdered to obtain this valuable video. It seriously is like a Raymond Chandler story up there.

Also the second person was shot but survived, correct?
    lol some people call him that.

No, the video is in a room and he's sitting in a chair (according to the sources). The photo was provided by the same party that has the video though. I'm not sure the phone's owner has been murdered as of yet. Anthony Smith, the guy on the left, was murdered, but the other guy on the right was shot and survived (I misspoke in my earlier post, i meant to say shot not murdered). Theyre from the Dixon Rd. and Islington area, the same area the supposed video owners are from. So far it is guilty by association, this being the main reason no action has been taken yet, without more concrete evidence, or the video at least.

The shooting happened March 28th. The scandal broke early May. So it is pretty difficult to tell what the sequence of events would be, but it at least means it would have had to have existed before the 28th because of the photo that was given to The Star.

lol some people call him that.

No, the video is in a room and he's sitting in a chair (according to the sources). The photo was provided by the same party that has the video though. I'm not sure the phone's owner has been murdered as of yet. Anthony Smith, the guy on the left, was murdered, but the other guy on the right was shot and survived (I misspoke in my earlier post, i meant to say shot not murdered). Theyre from the Dixon Rd. and Islington area, the same area the supposed video owners are from. So far it is guilty by association, this being the main reason no action has been taken yet, without more concrete evidence, or the video at least.

The shooting happened March 28th. The scandal broke early May. So it is pretty difficult to tell what the sequence of events would be, but it at least means it would have had to have existed before the 28th because of the photo that was given to The Star.
    What is unsaid in all of this is that it is thought that the video was taken by Smith, and that's why he was killed.

According to Gawker, Ford isn't the only high roller in Toronto who gets from these guys, and Smith (potentially) ruined someone's very lucrative business.

So The Star publishes a lie to sell more newspapers, and then the next day they take it back & say Smith's death had nothing to do with the video.

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/20...urces_say.html

"Speculation has run rampant Mayor Rob Ford may be connected to a series of violent incidents in North Etobicoke. That does not appear to be the case.

And who created that speculation? This newspaper is a joke. They just publish straight up lies & create rumors out of thin air.