Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-28-2013, 10:02 AM   #1
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default Uncharted 4? At E3 or October 2013 announcement

If any of you played Uncharted 3; in the opening sequence (the bar fight) they had a calendar stated "The Last Of Us". Surprise surprise, subsequently it was a game announced by Naughty Dog (coming on June 14th, 2013).

In the demo of TLOU there is (surprise surprise); a calendar that states "October 2013". I'm 90% sure it's the next installment of the epic Uncharted series. Why? There's a few other hints I gathered.

1) In February, ND had a contest where the winner will be involved (somehow) in the next Uncharted game.
2) Naughty Dog has 2 separate distinct teams that work on different projects; since Uncharted 3, only The Last of Us has been announced; what's the other team doing exactly?
3) It took 2 years for ND to create Uncharted 2 & 3 respectivey. The longer time span it is taking ND can easily be explained by the fact that PS4 is coming out around Holiday season. (It obviously takes longer to create a game for the new console)
4) ND is an exclusive developing company owned by Sony; what better way to boost their console sales then to introduce the next Uncharted on PLAYSTATION 4.

I can't even grasp how good Uncharted 4 will look on PS4; it is (to me) hands down the most beautiful game on the current gen consoles.

Some other people also think they might be creating a new IP or the next Jak (or even Crash) but I don't think it's the right strategy. Uncharted is their ultimate achievement to this point, it makes too much sense for them to introduce the game along side the next generation console.

Gut feeling is saying E3 with release date in October or Novermber, either as a bundle package with PS4 or shortly after the PS4 release date.

During an interview with the lead developer of Naughty Dog; "We're definitely going to continue producing games the fans want most, Uncharted has an overwhelming fan base and it would be detrimental to our prosperity as a gaming company not to listen."

Pretty much confirms there will be Uncharted; I just hope my gut feeling is correct and it will be within the next year, hopefully before Xmas.

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 05-28-2013 at 10:05 AM.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:38 AM   #2
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Uncharted 4? At E3 or October 2013 announcement

I think you and I are the two biggest Uncharted fans on here, and I would surely be excited for a new one this year.

But I felt like the third one felt a little rushed. It didn't make the same jump that one to two made in quality, perhaps because that's not possible. But it has been a couple years now and you could be right. ND being a Sony subsidiary for all intents and purposes, I'm sure was tasked with getting something big going for the PS4 on release, and to me Nathan Drake is the closest thing Sony has to a flagship type mascot.
Thorpesaurous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 11:42 PM   #3
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorpesaurous
I think you and I are the two biggest Uncharted fans on here, and I would surely be excited for a new one this year.

But I felt like the third one felt a little rushed. It didn't make the same jump that one to two made in quality, perhaps because that's not possible. But it has been a couple years now and you could be right. ND being a Sony subsidiary for all intents and purposes, I'm sure was tasked with getting something big going for the PS4 on release, and to me Nathan Drake is the closest thing Sony has to a flagship type mascot.

Yeah man, we're both huge Uncharted fans but there are a couple of other posters who really love the series. A lot of my friends who just recently gave this game a try absolutely love it.

After the initial play, I completely agree with your assessment of U3 being rushed but after playing it some more I have a hard time deciding which game is better (U2 or U3). U2's story is definitely more polished, has a better climax and perfect pacing. U3 rushed the story after Chapter 17. Starting with the "Settlement" level, I felt like they under-utilized the desert levels completely. Everything up to that point was so epic, easily surpassing U2 but then it kind of cooled off. The final boss battle was extremely underwhelming, really pissed me off even today.

Right after the Caravan level, they should have added an extra 3-4 chapters to make the story better. It just felt like it was too easy to find Iram of the Pillars, although the city looked gorgeous and very intriguing. After all the patches they've released, the game was a lot more enjoyable. I'm glad they brought back the stats but they needed to bring back the cheats so I can play the game with say a silencer and a sniper rifle like I could in U2 from the beginning. It adds that element of being a bad ass from the start that I immensely enjoyed in Uncharted 2.

I thought Uncharted 2 had the better overall story because of the later chapters like Monastery, Reunion, and Broke Paradise. Those chapters were easily 3 of my top 5 chapters in the game and it made the ending so much more enjoyable. They were also so immense and long, that it made you feel like finding the Tree of Life a big accomplishment. In U3, finding Iram didn't feel the same, however, up to the desert level I felt like Nate struggled a lot more then in U2.

I really want the next Uncharted to be at least as long as U2 and I want them to get more personal. I'd love to see Cutter and Chloe back (as well as Sully and Elena of course). The way U3 ended, I think ND should create a new chapter in Nate's life that includes children and maybe create a plot involving their abduction (to make it feel more personal and desperate) rather then simply searching for treasure and saving the world altruistically. Of course, they can still involve that element but make Nate feel more vulnerable then he has ever been. Maybe even let someone like Cutter be a playable character in the game (during certain chapters).

I just hope they add some new settings to U4, maybe bring a new friend to Nate's life and PLEASE create a more intriguing villain like in U2. Neither Marlow or Navarro were really intriguing to me to be honest; Lazarevich was pretty intimidating and ruthless, and the main foe in U3 was interesting with the whole drug thing but they never went deeper which felt kind of empty to me.

There is so many possibilities with U4 and I hope ND continues to develop their characters. That's why I love this series so much, I truly connect with all the good guys in the game. They are so likeable and have these unique relationships with each other. I'd be heart-broken to see any of them actually die; that's one thing Uncharted nailed better then most games ever.

I have been waiting far too long for U4, I hope it's announced sooner rather then later.

Last edited by rhythmic †hesis : 05-31-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-01-2013, 01:01 AM   #4
HEAT111
ohh hohohohoh

HEAT111 has decent reputation

Well...not going to spoil although there's already plans for TLOU2&3. I haven't played the Uncharted franchise yet but I can imagine.
HEAT111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:40 PM   #5
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Pretty much confirms that Uncharted 4 is coming!!!

"Date: June 4, 2013 Specific exclusive games could make all the difference when it comes to choosing that next-gen console, and title listings for the upcoming systems have been spotted on a Swedish website showing new games and the consoles they are available on.

According to one image seen on an online store the new Fallout 4 game is not listed as so, stating Fallout 2015 with no precise title, although we were under the impression the new Fallout game would be coming out in 2014. With many gamers also expecting the game to release next year if the words 2015 on image are legitimate there will be disappointed gamers out there.

In addition, the same retailer has the game listed for the PS4 but not the Xbox One, although recent rumours suggest Fallout 4 would be exclusive to Microsoft’s next-gen console. While Bethesda Softworks, the potential publisher of the game has not come out to confirm this title actually existing, we are unsure whether any of the recent information can be trusted.

Highlighting Swedish store WebHallen, Gamepur reports on a decent line-up of games coming to both next-gen consoles and the unannounced titles have been listed for the PS4 and the Xbox One. The discovery made by a NeoGaf user lists Sleeping Dogs 2, Red Dead Redemption 2, Agent, Uncharted 4 and Just Cause among others, so we hope the E3 2013 event will shed more light on which titles are coming out as well as the exclusives for each console.

Will exclusive titles make the difference to you when it comes to choosing your next-gen console? What do you think about rumours suggesting a delayed Fallout 4?"

See source
Old 06-04-2013, 03:47 PM   #6
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I'm a huge Fallout fan, I've been playing it since the first installment and I plan on continuing to do so. I don't really mind if the game is delayed, I'm a patient guy and there are quite a lot of good titles coming out soon for both this and next generation, so that should ease the wait. Quite frankly, I'd rather wait a bit and get a better, more polished product, than get the buggy mess New Vegas was in the beginning. Bugs and glitches aside, and even though I still liked it, I felt New Vegas was kind of a letdown when compared to Fallout 3.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:31 PM   #7
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis

Shieet. Of course I want to see new IP, but going the sequel route those are exactly the games I want. Fallout, Just Cause, Red Dead, Sleepy Dawgs.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Shieet. Of course I want to see new IP, but going the sequel route those are exactly the games I want. Fallout, Just Cause, Red Dead, Sleepy Dawgs.

RD 2 on PS4 will blow our minds!
Old 06-05-2013, 01:06 PM   #9
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Man, I've loved every Uncharted game so far. To think I got the original out of sheer boredom. Can't wait for the next installment.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 06:37 PM   #10
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

heavensdevil has an OK reputation so far

I am a huge fan of the series. Best game on PS3 (havent played The Last of Us). My brother who isnt even a gamer would stop what he was doing to watch me play.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 10:51 PM   #11
Segatti
Good High School Starter

Segatti has no real reputation yet.

Another TPS in corridors, so excited
Segatti is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: