Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 05-28-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here
Default How Much You Spending on Video Games in the next 7 months?

Work has been consuming so much of my time, working 12-14 hours at my internship as of late but I also secured a full-time job at BOA.

I start my full time gig in February of 2014 and my internship ends in August, so I'm definitely going to start catching up on games. Going to play Tomb Raider and BioShock (two games I bought a while ago and still haven't played).

But thegames that are slated for the fall are just terrific.
Here's my shopping cart so far:

The Last of Us (June 14, pre-ordered)
Remember Me (June 4, based on initial reviews)
Blacklist (August 20, sure buy)
Madden 14' (August 27, maybe)
GTA 5 (September 17, pre-ordered)
NBA 2K14 (October 1, must buy)
Beyond: Two Souls (October 8, sure buy)
Batman: Arkham Origins (October 25, sure buy)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (October 29, maybe)
Battlefield 4 (October 29, sure buy)
COD: Ghosts (November 5, sure buy)
Watch Dogs (November 19, pre-order when available)

That's 12 games I am most likely will buy; those are some incredible titles. Easily 7 AAA games (GTA, Watch Dogs, AC, Batman, Blacklist, COD & TLOU).
I am very excited for Two Souls; I was a huge fan of Heavy Rain, and I think this game will be even better. The only problem is I'll be playing GTA so much that I will probably start playing those other games in 2014.

And of course I'll be buying a PS4 right away. Fuck a XboxOne.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 11:52 AM   #2
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: How Much You Spending on Video Games in the next 7 months?

The Last of Us (pricedrop)
Blacklist (It's possible but they do need to fully win me back first)
NBA 2K14 (probably not release date, will most likely wait for a black friday sale)
Beyond: Two Souls (when it gets cheaper)
Batman: Arkham Origins (maybe depending on reviews.)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (October 29, definitely)

Watch Dogs and AC4 I'll get on next gen if I go that way just because I think they'll be better off on that platform. Specifically AC4 because I doubt the no load screens ever happens on this generation. Battlefield 4 I have pre-ordered for 360. I might switch that to a ps4 after e3 and the price announcement.

**** I just noticed those two come out on the same day.

We never agree on anything, but I think Tomb Raider was the best game I've played in a while.
Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #3
nightprowler10
Bring Back Bogans!

nightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posternightprowler10 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

With my time constraints, I can't see myself getting anything for the full price except maybe Watchdogs.
nightprowler10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:11 PM   #4
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose
The Last of Us (pricedrop)
Blacklist (It's possible but they do need to fully win me back first)
NBA 2K14 (probably not release date, will most likely wait for a black friday sale)
Beyond: Two Souls (when it gets cheaper)
Batman: Arkham Origins (maybe depending on reviews.)
Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (October 29, definitely)

Watch Dogs and AC4 I'll get on next gen if I go that way just because I think they'll be better off on that platform. Specifically AC4 because I doubt the no load screens ever happens on this generation. Battlefield 4 I have pre-ordered for 360. I might switch that to a ps4 after e3 and the price announcement.

**** I just noticed those two come out on the same day.

We never agree on anything, but I think Tomb Raider was the best game I've played in a while.

You're not a big fan of GTA?
Yeah our tastes are so different bro; out of all the AAA games, Assassin Creed is probably my least intriguing.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:30 PM   #5
talkingconch
College superstar

talkingconch is considered somewhat cooltalkingconch is considered somewhat cool

I will be buying GTA 5 most likely, Bioshock infinite (or the first one), Uncharted 3 and The Last of Us
talkingconch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:33 PM   #6
Rose
nanu nanu

Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
You're not a big fan of GTA?
Yeah our tastes are so different bro; out of all the AAA games, Assassin Creed is probably my least intriguing.
I played GTA IV in college but was kinda so-so on it. My mom wouldn't let me buy the games because they were violent and you ****ed prostitutes. So by the time I was 17 (the end of 07) GTA IV was gonna come out soon, but I didn't have a job so I didn't get it. Then since I've been in college none of come out.

I actually do/did have a pre-order on this one though. I forgot about that.
And I eat the AC games like they're ****ing crack.

I'd say watch dogs is my most excited then AC.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
Rose
nanu nanu

I'm also getting Deadpool next month. Or whenever it comes out. HUGELY excited about it.

Deadpool getting treated right and by one of my favorite studios.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
Rake2204
7-time NBA All-Star

Rake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRake2204 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The only two games that seem to be certain buys for me at this point are NBA 2K14 and GTA V.
Rake2204 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
Kungfro
Takeo Ischi

Kungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterKungfro is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I plan on getting some good use out of my 3DS:
-donkey kong country returns
-animal crossing
-SMT4
-mutant mudds 2
-Pokemon X/Y
-Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
-Mighty switch force 2
-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
-The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 2
-Denpa Men 2
-still need to get Fire Emblem
Kungfro is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:52 PM   #10
Thorpesaurous
NBA rookie of the year

Thorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThorpesaurous is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Last of Us I've got pre-ordered, so that's done already.

Remember Me - I've been really excited about this since I first heard about it last year. I really love the concept. If the gameplay works, knockoff or not (frankly it looks like an AC knockoff, but I'm fine with that, those controls are the best part about those games for me anyway, so if someone can lay a badass scifi story over them, who's to say I won't like it better than AC), this will very possibly be a pre-order for me.

GTA 5 I intend to pre-order, probably one of the special editions, when I go pick up The Last of Us.

Beyond: Two Souls. I was really torn on Heavy Rain. I loved the content and was really intrigued by some of the game play conceptually, but other elements of it drove me ****ing crazy. The inability to move effeciently just made a lot of the exploration portions of the game just exhausting for me. I'd like to see more about this before I make a decision.

Batman: Arkham Origins - I'd say it's a maybe, but who am I kidding, I'll absolutely be getting it. Depending upon how busy I am will determine when within the release window. I'll also probably be figuring the PS4 into that mix too at that point.

Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag - Same as Batman for me. I always say I really like these games, but don't love them, so I wanna see how they review, and maybe wait for a price drop, but again, who am I kidding. I'll probably pre-order it, but again this is one I'll see how busy I am a month ahead of time.

Watch Dogs - This will be a pre-order for me too, with the possible caveat of waiting until I get a PS4 to use it as my first game on that system.
Thorpesaurous is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: