Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-03-2012, 08:39 PM   #1
Eat Like A Bosh
Banned

Default Why do people hate Nickelback?

So I was playing around with Google and got this.

So I'm wondering, why do people hate Nickelback? I'm not really a fan of them, I only heard maybe 2-3 songs, Far Away, If today was your last day, and something else I can't remember, and they're pretty good. Just a little more pop, but I had to say "if today was your last day" was pretty good.
Eat Like A Bosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:42 PM   #2
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Default Re: Why do people hate Nickelback?

Simple: haters gonna hate. If you hate Nickleback yet enjoy listening to Rick Ross or dubstep, then you have no valid argument for hating on Nickleback.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:44 PM   #3
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

Thank you for confirming my suspicions:

dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #4
Alamo
Banned

Why do people have eyebrows?
Alamo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:45 PM   #5
B-Low
The Love B-Low

Nickelback is fine with me. They're just too "mainstream" so most rock fans hate them. Kinda like how rap fans are with the more mainstream rappers.
B-Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:49 PM   #6
Godzuki
3-time NBA All-Star

supposedly the lead singer or maybe its their whole band are complete assholes. i know i read something awhile back with people they've toured with, music fans that met them, or something along those lines saying the lead singer was a huge dikkhead.
Godzuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:50 PM   #7
DMV2
NBA Stats Watcher

I've only heard of their radio songs and the only one I like was one of their early hits. I forgot the title but the lyrics goes something like, "from the bottom of every bottle..."

Most of their hits are just awful; Rockstar is one of the worse songs I've ever heard. Far Away sucks too.
DMV2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 PM   #8
QUIZZLE
Sugar. Give me. Sugar.

sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout sellout
QUIZZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #9
Black Joker
NBA rookie of the year

Article from Grantland about this

Quote:
The group's strength is that they understand the tropes of classic rock (both musically and philosophically). The group's weakness is their obsession with transposable power ballads, most of which sound like what would happen if Bob Rock helped Coldplay write a really loud song for Garth Brooks (which would undoubtedly be the most popular song in the history of mankind, were it to literally exist). The one transcendent Nickelback song is the semi-acoustic "Rockstar," a dilemma for all those who want to erroneously pretend that Kroeger has no sense of irony. "Rockstar" has a faultless construction — it's simple, true, sarcastic, and aspirant. I suppose those four qualities also describe Nickelback, which is another reason why humorless people will always hate them.

But hey: That's their role. That's their job. They've created, they've created, they've created, they've created, they've created, they've created their own prison. And it's probably awesome, or at least close enough.

Black Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 PM   #10
Gunnin4HoLeS
IsH Villain

Never made it as a wise man, Couldnt cut it as a poor man stealing and this is how U REMIND ME OF WHAT I REALLY AM!
Gunnin4HoLeS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:04 PM   #11
RaininThrees
Meats Don't Clash

People don't like the formula.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvujg...eature=related
RaininThrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:09 PM   #12
Loneshot
(◣_◢) CoLa

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaininThrees

Such bs. Today's top charts prove people love all those basic formulas.
Loneshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #13
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loneshot
Simple: haters gonna hate. If you hate Nickleback yet enjoy listening to Rick Ross or dubstep, then you have no valid argument for hating on Nickleback.

This is a ridiculous thing to say. Plenty of people like some terrible music but it's still perfectly reasonable for them to hate other shitty music.

But I think the reason people hate Nickleback is they are very boring and generic. And Canadian if I'm not mistaken. And the singer is ugly as fvck.
The Macho Man is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:06 PM   #14
sunsfan1357
Word.

Canadian.
sunsfan1357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 PM   #15
GreatGreg
College star

They're simply generic and clearly don't write their own songs. Have you heard some of them? You listen to one about treating the girl of your dreams the best way and then you listen to another one about hardcore sex.
GreatGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: