Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-30-2013, 02:11 AM   #16
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Female ish: How do you get out of a serious relationship?

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
Thanks for the advice and you are right. She would engage in a shit storm. She's mad as hell. I'm a pretty calm and collected guy and it throws me off so bad.

That helps me a lot thinking about her if we broke up. I think it will work out if I keep biting the bullet and take all the shit and pretend it's all okay. I don't want to wake up in 10 years and regret this and hate my life.

Another thing..I got into this WAY too fast. I know all her family really well and it makes it even harder. I wish I'd had slowed the hell down.

You can't go through life pretending things are okay. Trust me, it isn't worth it. You'll hate yourself for it some day. It doesn't mean you can't be happy, but it's not worth it to live with what ifs.

As I already mentioned, stop thinking about others for once and just think about yourself.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 02:36 AM   #17
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Thanks for the input guys. It helps a lot. I just can't believe I have killed my self esteem so much by letting her treat me this way. But, I'm only 21 dammit and have a full life to live!
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:03 AM   #18
AintNoSunshine
Decent college freshman

AintNoSunshine is starting to rub some people the wrong wayAintNoSunshine is starting to rub some people the wrong way

If you have actually made up your mind, nobody is pointing a gun by your head to stop you from breaking up with her.

Just tell her your reasons of breaking up and just go on your own way.

Key words is that you have to make up your mind.

Your are going to miss her or whatever, but that's just you not being used to be on your own. You will be fine after a while.
AintNoSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 04:16 AM   #19
Balla_Status

Balla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected posterBalla_Status is a pretty well-respected poster

You're too young to be dealing with this shit.

She is VERBALLY abusing you it seems like. People like to make excuses for this by saying, "she's a woman and that's what they do" but that's bullshit. If she really can't help it then she's mentally insane. Women can control their emotions but we've made excuses for it all these years so it's acceptable. You don't deserve to be treated like that. That is the same as men physically abusing women.

Drop her mate.

Last edited by Balla_Status : 05-30-2013 at 04:22 AM.
Balla_Status is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:23 AM   #20
RoseCity07
NBA Legend

RoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterRoseCity07 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't know what to tell you but I know one thing for certain. You can get over someone faster if you realize that your image of them isn't who they really are. So many times I've built up girls in my head to be perfect when in reality we have nothing in common and they're pretty boring.

If you find yourself realizing you only see her in an ideal light, that may help you deal with moving on. I realized after I went through a heartbreak that the girl I was really attached to was long gone. She was a different "version" of the person, a totally stuck up bitch version. The girl I first met might as well have a different body because they are nothing alike as people.

I hope that made sense. It's the best I got.
RoseCity07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:41 AM   #21
ace23

ace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angryace23 posts stuff that is definitely making some people angry

I initially gathered from the OP that he was requesting the advice of female ISH users.
ace23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:06 AM   #22
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OMG you're only 21? Dude. Just be honest and tell her you don't want to see her anymore. If she hedges and argues tell her you have other people you want to see. That should kill that dead.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:07 AM   #23
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ace23
I initially gathered from the OP that he was requesting the advice of female ISH users.
yeah but that's like waiting for unicorns to give you advice so we all ignored.
niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #24
KevinNYC
Toronto Mayor Rob Ford

KevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKevinNYC is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
We've had so many fights in the past and I have talked about a lot of this. We pretend everything is fine and move on when it's really not. She has no respect for me at all. Literally cusses at me and gets upset at everything. I just don't understand man...I do so much for her. But there's my problem. I'm not assertive and end up taking the flak. Sometimes she will go on a tirade about how much she hates me and wants to break up...that can't be normal? I just wish I had some balls.
It sounds like you won't have to worry about her broken heart as much as her brusied ego.

Also it might that your problems are beyond this relationship. You may want to use the end of this relationship to become more assertive about getting respect so that you can use in the next relationship.
KevinNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:33 AM   #25
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think one issue you might be having is that you got attached to an idea of where you thought this relationship would end up when things were going good. It's your first long-term relationship so you might be holding onto the hopes you had for this relationship and probably stuck around too long because of it.

Honestly, I think your best move here is to tell her that the relationship is unhealthy right now for you and you think a split is necessary. This experience is just part of growing up for most people.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:47 AM   #26
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Appreciate all the replies. I would definitely call her verbally abusive, not to mention all the psychological pressure. I do think I'm probably holding on to the thought of what ideally could be with us. But again, we moved way too fast. Met all of her family and know them like they're my own..doesn't make it any easier.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #27
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputationnathanjizzle has a bad reputation

my ex ended our relationship by dating another person behind my back and then dropping off the face of the earth never to be seen or heard from again.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:10 AM   #28
step_back
College superstar

step_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablestep_back is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElPigto
Do you think you can actually work it out? I tend to be a nice guy myself, but sometimes you have to learn to have some self respect. Don't worry about her broken heart. There is no point in continuing in a relationship like this if you are going to be unhappy. Imagine you marry her in the future and then you bring a kid into this world, would you think it's fair to put a kid through hers and your misery?

This is sound advice.

O.P why do you care about hurting her feelings by braking up with her? She clearly has no regard for yours.

Also is it fair to say this is your first girlfriend you've had?
step_back is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:19 AM   #29
longtime lurker
NBA sixth man of the year

longtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation herelongtime lurker has a near all-star reputation here

It's sounds like you're a beta, you need to alpha it up bro.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:22 AM   #30
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by step_back
This is sound advice.

O.P why do you care about hurting her feelings by braking up with her? She clearly has no regard for yours.

Also is it fair to say this is your first girlfriend you've had?
I dated two girls before but those lasted less than a month. So yeah, pretty much my first so that's why I'm so foreign to this process.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: