Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 05-30-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
niko
I Run NY.

niko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableniko is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Hong Kong Starbucks Used "Toilet Water" to make coffee

http://kotaku.com/hong-kong-starbuck...ffee-510430840

In Hong Kong, Starbucks patrons are upset and for good reason: the coffee chain's Central Hong Kong branch has used "toilet water" to brew coffee since it opened two years ago.

According to Apple Daily, a staffer would push a cart into a men's restroom in a nearby parking garage, fill it will water, and then push the cart back to Starbucks, where the "toilet water" would be then filtered. This would happen up to seventy times a day. The bathroom faucet was used because there was no nearby water source.

The faucet that Starbucks used was only a few feet away from a urinal. There were concerns about hygiene, and Hong Kong's Food and Environmental Hygiene Department told Apple Daily that this Starbucks' use of water was not within regulations. Since this discovery, the department has apparently issued a warning to the coffee chain's Central Hong Kong restaurant.
Related
Woman Gets Upset After Starbucks Writes "******" Instead of "Virginia"

Whoops. A Hong Kong Starbucks made one customer unhappy after totally screwing up a first name. Imagine that! A Starbucks spelling fail? Impossible. Read…

Ben Cowling, associate professor from the University of Hong Kong’s School of Public Health, told HK Magazine that filtering the water should remove harmful bacteria. However, a purifier would be necessary to remove the smaller-sized viruses that could be present in the water.

But that wasn't his only concern, HK Magazine pointed out. "If the staff need to frequently visit the toilet, they may increase the risk of bringing other pathogens from the washroom into their food and drink preparation area," Cowling added.

niko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 08:10 AM   #2
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation
Default Re: Hong Kong Starbucks Used "Toilet Water" to make coffee

Chinese will do anything to cut cost.. why I never eat Chinese food or any of their bullshit.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:05 AM   #3
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i wonder if it's really all that different from average hong kong tap water. and the water is heated to boiling anyway, right?

IIRC hong kong is that place where there's a whole subcity of decaying high-rise apt bldgs with little or no utilities formerly run by triads. i bet those ppl would love to get starbucks-quality water.
gigantes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:09 AM   #4
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I bet it tastes better than their regular coffee.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 09:14 AM   #5
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Ass backwards Chinese Starbucks, using toilet water to make coffee.

Normally Starbucks uses coffee to make toilet water.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
n00bie
Vince's Real Daddy

n00bie is considered somewhat cooln00bie is considered somewhat cool

Misleading title. They didn't actually use "toilet water". They used the tap water from the washroom facet.

Only difference between other starbucks is that they don't get the tap water from the washroom sink.
n00bie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:43 AM   #7
nathanjizzle
life is exasperating

nathanjizzle is starting to rub some people the wrong way

so they used tap water? then filtered it? the same tap we wash our face and brush our teeth with.
nathanjizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 10:55 AM   #8
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gigantes
i wonder if it's really all that different from average hong kong tap water. and the water is heated to boiling anyway, right?

IIRC hong kong is that place where there's a whole subcity of decaying high-rise apt bldgs with little or no utilities formerly run by triads. i bet those ppl would love to get starbucks-quality water.

Even still, it's the sheer mental image. And OP, if I'm not mistaken aren't you (or your family) originally from some Asian country (I think maybe even China itself)? Then at the end of your post, you smirk (emoticon) as if it's a laughing/joking manner. Way to be prideful of something so disgusting. It likely speaks volumes of you on a personal RL level.

Last edited by Legend of Josh : 05-30-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Legend of Josh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:03 AM   #9
gigantes
A piece of fluff

gigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablegigantes is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

there's a million things to get upset about in this world and X amount of time you have left to live in your life.

and considering all the crazy shit that goes on in HK 24/7, the only reason this made the news is probably because its starbucks.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:11 AM   #10
Legend of Josh
Banned

Legend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputationLegend of Josh has a terrific reputation

Quote:
there's a million things to get upset about in this world and X amount of time you have left to live in your life.

and considering all the crazy shit that goes on in HK 24/7, the only reason this made the news is probably because its starbucks.

I totally agree there's much more "news worthy" things going on in this world, but come on man, you don't even see it being the slightest nasty?
Old 05-30-2013, 11:24 AM   #11
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bie
Misleading title. They didn't actually use "toilet water". They used the tap water from the washroom facet.

Only difference between other starbucks is that they don't get the tap water from the washroom sink.

This....did anybody actually read the article? Its def kind of gross, but they were not serving "toilet water"
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 11:42 AM   #12
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanners
This....did anybody actually read the article? Its def kind of gross, but they were not serving "toilet water"

I was watching the Weather Channel a bit last night - how's the weather for you Oklahomaians (sp?) today? I know you guys have already went through hell a week or so ago. I know you don't believe in God or whatnot, and it might not even make any difference to you whatsoever, but I know much of the nation (and even world) has been praying for you guys. I hope things don't turn out as bad as they did this last time.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:45 AM   #13
gigantes
A piece of fluff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I totally agree there's much more "news worthy" things going on in this world, but come on man, you don't even see it being the slightest nasty?
it's H-O-N-G K-O-N-G, you f--king idiot.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:59 AM   #14
Nanners
Good college starter

Nanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableNanners is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend of Josh
I was watching the Weather Channel a bit last night - how's the weather for you Oklahomaians (sp?) today? I know you guys have already went through hell a week or so ago. I know you don't believe in God or whatnot, and it might not even make any difference to you whatsoever, but I know much of the nation (and even world) has been praying for you guys. I hope things don't turn out as bad as they did this last time.

It looks like there will be storms for the next few days, we could easily see another big tornado this week. That last tornado was only about 2 miles away from my house at one point, but I have a legit storm shelter that would survive a direct hit, something every oklahoman should have.

I am about ready to move the fvck away from this crappy state. If it was not for my job I would have left a long time ago.

The prayers dont seem to be making much of a difference, I havent seen anybodys house put back together by prayer yet. Besides.... wasnt it god who sent the tornado in the first place??

Last edited by Nanners : 05-30-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Nanners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
Legend of Josh
Banned

Quote:
it's H-O-N-G K-O-N-G, you f--king idiot.

You need to C-A-L-M . T-H-E . F-U-C-K . D-O-W-N it was a simple question you fucking idiot. A yes or no would suffice instead of name calling, and for what? why? b/c one individual (me) finds commode water boiled, filtered or whatever more disgusting from a mental image perspective then the other (you)?

I don't care much for water coming from a device where people take a pee pee and/or doo doo, and you don't seem to mind at all. Oh, duh! I forgot, it's HONG-KONG! I'm an idiot, and need to just have a cup of STFU (with Starbuck's toilet H2O, of course).

Cheers!
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: