Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,643
Default ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13360

I know we all want Phil, but screw that. I want Hollins on this team. His ability to use two bigs (Marc and Z-Bo) successfully is proof enough that he can coach this team. Not to mention he brought the best out of underrated guard Mike Conley.

P.S.

Obviously D'Antoni is still coach, but if plans change, I say we go after Lionel if he's available.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
MJ(Mean John)
The Fresh Prince
 
MJ(Mean John)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Lakeshow
Posts: 4,254
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13360

I know we all want Phil, but screw that. I want Hollins on this team. His ability to use two bigs (Marc and Z-Bo) successfully is proof enough that he can coach this team. Not to mention he brought the best out of underrated guard Mike Conley.

P.S.

Obviously D'Antoni is still coach, but if plans change, I say we go after Lionel if he's available.


This is the guy we need
MJ(Mean John) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:28 AM   #3
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,093
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13360

I know we all want Phil, but screw that. I want Hollins on this team. His ability to use two bigs (Marc and Z-Bo) successfully is proof enough that he can coach this team. Not to mention he brought the best out of underrated guard Mike Conley.

P.S.

Obviously D'Antoni is still coach, but if plans change, I say we go after Lionel if he's available.

I don't see Memphis letting him get away. That being said, count me in if this happens......and I hope he brings his entire staff with him.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
dd24
College superstar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 4,391
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

I agree with what you guys have said. Memphis has a great front line and they use it well. I think Hollins would be a good fit for this roster. I find it crazy that the front office in Memphis has constantly talked about getting rid of him.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:30 PM   #5
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular
 
Big_Dogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Doggville
Posts: 784
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

It's been confirmed he is out at the Grizz hasn't it?
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:18 PM   #6
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,093
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
It's been confirmed he is out at the Grizz hasn't it?

Yeah, it's confirmed, he's free......time for a new coach in LA!!! Let's go Jimmy & Mitch......do it!!!
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #7
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,643
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Yeah, it's confirmed, he's free......time for a new coach in LA!!! Let's go Jimmy & Mitch......do it!!!

Yeah this is actually very surprising. Stupid move by Memphis.

We need to get this guy Hollins right now!

He revived Zach Randolph's career, and got two top 10 big guys to co-exist. Not to mention he took a "super-star-less" basketball team deep into the playoffs a few times. I am all for bringing in Hollins.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:07 PM   #8
Bosnian Sajo
(-_-)(X_X)BB(9_9)(^_^)
 
Bosnian Sajo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Formerly Known as "big baller"
Posts: 4,466
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

I would LOVE to have Hollins as our coach
Bosnian Sajo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:23 PM   #9
Lakers_Kobe_Fan
NBA rookie of the year
 
Lakers_Kobe_Fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 6,974
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yeah this is actually very surprising. Stupid move by Memphis.

We need to get this guy Hollins right now!

He revived Zach Randolph's career, and got two top 10 big guys to co-exist. Not to mention he took a "super-star-less" basketball team deep into the playoffs a few times. I am all for bringing in Hollins.

thats a misconception. They were extremely lucky....

Playing Clippers with injured Blake....

Playing OKC with Westbrook injured....

but i agree with you on the point that he made 2 big work...but Marc/ZBo both are able to hit that 10-15ft jumpers....

Howard has v uncomfortable moves in post...maybe 1 or 2...
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 07:26 PM   #10
daily
I rattle in 5-footers
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,269
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
thats a misconception. They were extremely lucky....

Playing Clippers with injured Blake....

Playing OKC with Westbrook injured....

but i agree with you on the point that he made 2 big work...but Marc/ZBo both are able to hit that 10-15ft jumpers....

Howard has v uncomfortable moves in post...maybe 1 or 2...

Well if Magic Johnson gets his way Howard won't be a Laker.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 12:56 PM   #11
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year
 
DKLaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 7,093
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
Well if Magic Johnson gets his way Howard won't be a Laker.

If Magic had his way we wouldn't have hired the Terrible Mikes....obviously Magic has no pull......lol.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:54 PM   #12
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy
 
lakerfreak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 14,643
Default Re: ISH article/rumor: Lionel Hollins future in Memphis uncertain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
thats a misconception. They were extremely lucky....

Playing Clippers with injured Blake....

Playing OKC with Westbrook injured....

but i agree with you on the point that he made 2 big work...but Marc/ZBo both are able to hit that 10-15ft jumpers....

Howard has v uncomfortable moves in post...maybe 1 or 2...

But he also helped Mike Conley develop into a star caliber guard. Mike Conley was a disappointment for about 4 years after he was drafted. Now he's in my opinion, the most underrated PG in the NBA.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:22 AM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy