Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Sacramento Kings Forum

Sacramento Kings Forum Sacramento Kings forum - Sacramento Kings message board

Old 02-13-2007, 11:31 PM   #1
LAZYBOY
PERMA-BANNED

LAZYBOY has an OK reputation so far
Default Coach A

This guy in the main forum says he's been coaching for like 25 years, I asked him to break down our situation. I thought this was pretty cool, check it out in the main forum.

Quote:
The 3 laws of championships

1. Team Play
2. Offense-Defense
3. Superstars/Stars/Role Players

Lets start with offense-defense. They have a decent defense, not an ideal championship defense, but a defense that would get the job done. But what you would want to shoot for is a great defense, great defenses have won much more than great offenses. But since Kings do have defensive weapons, I'd say they are fine there.

The rest is where it goes down for them. Team Play. Bibby, KMart, Brad Miller, Artest, Rahim, Kenny Thomas. Their playing styles collide. 1st of all, they have not had much time together and from what I have seen them play, their chemistry isn't that good. And they don't play all that great together. And coaching, also, you need a better coach. I though Aldeman was great, and no offense, your new coach isn't all that great at all.

Lastly, tons of problems with the players they have. They don't fit their role well. Bibby wants to shoot, KMart wants to shoot. I believe Bibby doesn't fit in too well anymore with SAC. KMart is the better shooter, and he'd fit into anytime that needs shooting right now. Bibby had been doing a lot of hurting to his team and isn't that great of a passer. Getting rid of Bibby for a passing PG would help. Remember, talent doesn't win championsihps, its your talent and how they play their role. Trading Bibby for a pass 1st PG would help the Kings though they are getting less talent.

On to Artest. The Kings only need Artest to play defense. Ideally. But Artest wants to shoot and be part of the offense. If he was more focused on winning, he'd be more focused on defense than anything else. And their team would be much more successfull. He forces too many things. What to do with him? On 1 side you need his defense, on the other side, you don't want his offense. Either trade him for a pure defender, or just keep him and live with it. It would be better to get another defender, but its ok, at least he provides defense.

Brad Miller is a guy you'd like to have but in the right coaching system. A pretty good offensive player with a real good passing game. He looked very good with Aldemen coaching. Now, well, I guess he still does great passing, but it seems like he is a little past his prime. But maybe its because of injuries. In the end, you could go either way with him, keep him if you find a way to get rid of some scorers, or trade him away if you have an offensive lineup (like SAC does right now). But it is better if Bibby leaves rather than him. He helps more than Bibby.

Kenny Thomas fits well, since he only rebounds, and thats always a good thing if thats all you do and want to do. Rahim on the other side, not a good fit. He scores, and the Kings have plenty of scorers. Rahim isn't a good fit, a shot blocker would be much better here.

But since there are so many problems, I advise these teams too, rebuild
LAZYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 01:07 AM   #2
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Coach A

yeah he's right on, pretty interesting.
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:02 PM   #3
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

I agree with him about most of the stuff. I've never liked the Shareef signing, don't get me wrong he's a good player and all but he doesn't fit. We have too many 2nd/3rd/4th options and no number 1 guy yet, and he's one of the 2/3 option guys. He doesn't do other stuff to contribute and his main skill is posting up. Well only 1 guy can go 1 on 1 at a time. So when one of our other guys is going 1 on 1 he really isn't doing anything. We need to trade him or something IMO.

Same thing with Bibby not fitting, and Artest possibly needing to be moved(although it'd be to kick off a rebuild because he's our most valuable trading chip). KMart needs most of Bibby's shots IMO. Still it'll kinda suck to see Bibby traded, if he ends up traded.

Brad can be a good piece but we need a better defender at PG and a shotblocker next to him. Actually before the foot injury he had been playing decent defense over the last 3 weeks.

Our defense is decent because of Artest, Thomas when he's not being a *****, and some guys off the bench like Salmons but when Bibby is the guy who's supposed to stop penetration and Miller/Reef/Thomas are supposed to be your last line of defense you're kind of screwed. So while our defense is decent it's not good enough, not nearly.

Basically we need to rebuild.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:50 AM   #4
bigboi_baller
NBA rookie of the year

bigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this boardbigboi_baller is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradMiller52
Basically we need to rebuild.
It all comes down to that...

So, if we were to rebuild, who should we build the franchise around?
bigboi_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 12:51 AM   #5
Targus™
Good college starter

Targus™ has an OK reputation so far

ron and k-mart maybe?
Targus™ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: