Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 02-14-2007, 07:43 PM   #1
Darsh
Good college starter

Darsh has decent reputationDarsh has decent reputation
Default OT: Windows Movie Maker crashing

I decided i wanted to start making NBA Mixes just as something to do in my spare time, so i downloaded Windows Movie Maker and all was running smoothly.

However, this was short lived because after around 5 minutes of having it opened, it randomly freezes and that "windows movie maker has encountered an error" message comes up.

This happens every time i open the program. Sometimes it take a few minutes, but other times its just a matter of seconds.

Has anyone ever used WMM and had the same problems? If so was there a way to fix it?

Any help would be appreciated.
Darsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 07:52 PM   #2
ConanRulesNBC
Very good NBA starter

ConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this boardConanRulesNBC has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: OT: Windows Movie Maker crashing

Why did you have to download Windows Movie Maker? It came free with both of my computers.
ConanRulesNBC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:01 PM   #3
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.

StroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableStroShow4 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i used to make some mixes and i had that problem a couple times... whenever it happened to me though the program always recovered the project, so i never lost anything.
StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #4
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

That's probably the actual problem. It was already on your computer and you effed it up by downloading it. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me.
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:02 PM   #5
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by StroShow4
i used to make some mixes and i had that problem a couple times... whenever it happened to me though the program always recovered the project, so i never lost anything.

Mine seems to recover the work, but the thing is i only get about 10 seconds to add anything to my work each time i open it.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:03 PM   #6
adamcz
Bucks fan

adamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cooladamcz is considered somewhat cool

If you upgrade to a Mac, it comes with iMovie.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:05 PM   #7
reppy
Apparently likes anime

reppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation herereppy has an incredible reputation here

Are you using the latest versions of DirectX and Windows Media Player? You may just want to stroll on over to http://www.windowsupdate.com and make sure it's all up to date.

Also, do you have any 3rd party codec packs installed? Like, those crazy all-in-one codecs that include a ton of conflicting codecs? If so, uninstall all of them. I've personally removed everything (except XviD and DivX, but only for encoding purposes) and I use a program called ffdshow audio. It's like, a VfW decoder or something. I forget the exact term. Point is I put it on almost every PC I come across so people don't have to worry about crap with various codecs.
reppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:13 PM   #8
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCY
That's probably the actual problem. It was already on your computer and you effed it up by downloading it. I'm pretty sure that's what happened to me.

interesting.. well if thats the case, how do i rectify the problem? should i just uninstall it?
Old 02-14-2007, 08:15 PM   #9
SCY
Put yr guns up

SCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputationSCY has a terrific reputation

I don't know how to fix it. The program's generally supposed to be buggy anyway, so.......
SCY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2007, 08:20 PM   #10
Darsh
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by reppy
Are you using the latest versions of DirectX and Windows Media Player? You may just want to stroll on over to http://www.windowsupdate.com and make sure it's all up to date.

Also, do you have any 3rd party codec packs installed? Like, those crazy all-in-one codecs that include a ton of conflicting codecs? If so, uninstall all of them. I've personally removed everything (except XviD and DivX, but only for encoding purposes) and I use a program called ffdshow audio. It's like, a VfW decoder or something. I forget the exact term. Point is I put it on almost every PC I come across so people don't have to worry about crap with various codecs.

ok cool, ill see if this helps
Old 02-14-2007, 08:23 PM   #11
ClutchCityReturns
Decent college freshman

ClutchCityReturns has decent reputationClutchCityReturns has decent reputation

It doesn't just lock up on you? I had/have that problem all the time while making mixes. For some reason Movie Maker is a huge b!tch when it comes to using your computer's resources. I have 2 Gigs of memory and it still dies every now and again.
ClutchCityReturns is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: