Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-03-2013, 01:20 PM   #16
Teanett
Great Basketball Mind

Teanett has decent reputation
Default Re: Jason Kidd retires !

great! so the knicks can fire woodson and hire kidd now.

jason kidd+grant hill co-rookies of the year and now both retire 19 years later.

Teanett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:22 PM   #17
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

I grew up watching JKidd play ball in the swamp. He's my favorite player to watch in any sport ever. Those early 2000's Nets were unbelievable. Used to play run and gun the right way. Forced lots of turnovers.

I'm glad I don't have to watch him on the Knicks anymore. He's a Net. He always will be. They should retire his #5 in Brooklyn next year. Also, not that he'd be ready to do it now, but he'd make a great coach if he wanted to.
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #18
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue&Orange
And yet his contract still count towards cap. without it Knicks had a chance to not be a luxury tax team and have the $5 mil exception.

What? Of course it doesn't.

Salary doesn't count against cap. He's voluntarily retiring. Which means no more contract, no more payments, and no salary cap hit.

Might be different if retiring for medical reasons, but not in this case.

Anywho, this sucks. I thought Kidd had one more year in him, despite his playoff disappearnce. Don't forget, he played really well most of the year until the playoffs.

Sucks. Kidd retires and Camby doesn't. Hopefully Kidd retiring convinces Pablo to stay as we'll need more than ever now. More playing time.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:25 PM   #19
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputationtpols has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teanett

jason kidd+grant hill co-rookies of the year and now both retire 19 years later.

tpols is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #20
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
Yeah, people forget how fast he was dribbling the ball. It was almost as he moved faster when he had the ball, then when he didn't. That finger roll; that fast break dish, etc, the guy was awesome to watch.

+1

JKidd was one of those players that teammates love, coaches love and fans love. Tough as nails man

I wish we could have seen the Penny Hardaway and the Sun Dance Kidd backcourt play together healthy for a little while in Phx, i think the entire NBA felt jipped by missing that
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:27 PM   #21
rustycage
I brick open layups

rustycage has an OK reputation so far

First Hill then Kidd, few hours apart from each other.
Classy move by Jason
rustycage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #22
LLK21
Serious playground baller

LLK21 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teanett

LLK21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:29 PM   #23
Crown&Coke
Stay Strong Droth

Crown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation hereCrown&Coke has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred

Sucks. Kidd retires and Camby doesn't. Hopefully Kidd retiring convinces Pablo to stay as we'll need more than ever now. More playing time.

Camby is about his paper man, he aint leaving no money on the table.
Crown&Coke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:31 PM   #24
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke

Exactly. As soon as signed his contract, he pocketed at least $10 million knowing he'll do nothing.....what a waste.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #25
sportjames23
MJ>>>>Lebron KD & Kobe

sportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown&Coke

LOL, I was about to say that finally, I'm older than every player in the NBA, but I forgot about Camby.

He's the only player in the league now who's older than me. Damn, now I feel old.
sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:38 PM   #26
MeLO MvP 15
Knicks 2015 Champs

MeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation hereMeLO MvP 15 has an incredible reputation here

What a career. Man it was an honor to have someone I always admired to end his career on my team.

Hopefully he remains with the team as an assistant coach.
MeLO MvP 15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 01:49 PM   #27
FKAri
Good college starter

FKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected posterFKAri is a pretty well-respected poster

Next up Nash...Sad to see these guys go.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
Shaquille O'Neal
Serious playground baller

Shaquille O'Neal has not been impressing people

This will free up time for him to beat up his current wife/girlfriend.

What, too soon?
Shaquille O'Neal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
insidehoops
Administrator

insidehoops has disabled reputation

Official announcement: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=13409
insidehoops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:04 PM   #30
sportjames23
MJ>>>>Lebron KD & Kobe

sportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputationsportjames23 has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaquille O'Neal
This will free up time for him to beat up his current wife/girlfriend.

What, too soon?

*spits out drink*

sportjames23 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: