Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #46
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool
Default Re: Jason Kidd retires !

My favorite Basketball Player of all time he was one of the reasons I enjoyed watching him play ball, its kinda sad he's gone, but I guess it was just time. Was just 14 when he entered the league. Thanks for all the great memories J kidd.

ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:03 PM   #47
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErhnamDjinn
My favorite Basketball Player of all time he was one of the reasons I enjoyed watching him play ball, its kinda sad he's gone, but I guess it was just time. Was just 14 when he entered the league. Thanks for all the great memories J kidd.

Who else could be responsible for you enjoying watching Kidd play.. Other than Kidd himself?

Anyway, I'm sad to see the guy go, but I'm gla to see him leave at the same time as Grant Hill. It just seems like the most appropriate thing for these co-ROY to do.
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:06 PM   #48
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLJJ is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

If Jason Kidd's son painted his head orange he would make a fantastic team mascot.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:08 PM   #49
bence23
High School Varsity 6th Man

bence23 has not been impressing people

Where's KBlaze to give some perspective on this?

where does Kidd rank all time for PGs?
bence23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:28 PM   #50
ErhnamDjinn
“Homo homini lupus est

ErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat coolErhnamDjinn is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar

Who else could be responsible for you enjoying watching Kidd play.. Other than Kidd himself?

Anyway, I'm sad to see the guy go, but I'm gla to see him leave at the same time as Grant Hill. It just seems like the most appropriate thing for these co-ROY to do.
sorry worded it wrong Im sleepy, I meant to say one of the reasons I enjoyed watching the NBA and what got me hooked on basketball,I was more of a baseball guy before this. He was the first and only guy I collected basketball cards for.
ErhnamDjinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:38 PM   #51
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Jason Kidd is actually retiring...after 19 unbelievable years......

I think I can speak for all Knick fans by saying......Get lost, old man!!! That's right, you heard me. Geriatric c-ck sucker. "Oh look at me, I'm going to the Hall of Fame." I don't give TWO SHITS!!! You'll always be remembered for this!!!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=299289

How convenient you "forgot how to score" just in the playoffs. Yeah, like that happens.....Congress needs to investigate this black/white charlatan. And your kids got a freaky big head. Go get drunk, slam into a tree, and then beat your wife some more..........goodbye forever!!

What? What's everyone looking at?
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:47 PM   #52
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Can somebody clear this up:

The Knicks can now use the full mid-level exception, correct? Because they're below the taxpayers line with this retirement if they workout a buyout which is likely to happen.
DStebb716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #53
ZHAKIDD532
#hellobrooklyn

ZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat coolZHAKIDD532 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
If Jason Kidd's son painted his head orange he would make a fantastic team mascot.
When we'd see him sitting sideline at a Nets game, my Dad would call him "Moonhead"
ZHAKIDD532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 06:57 PM   #54
bagelred
Weird

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
Can somebody clear this up:

The Knicks can now use the full mid-level exception, correct? Because they're below the taxpayers line with this retirement if they workout a buyout which is likely to happen.

I think they could, but they won't...if you use Non Taxpayer MLE, then you have a hard cap put on you for the year. So knicks aren't going to use it, even if they technically could.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #55
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

DStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this boardDStebb716 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
I think they could, but they won't...if you use Non Taxpayer MLE, then you have a hard cap put on you for the year. So knicks aren't going to use it, even if they technically could.

I doubt they'll pass up an opportunity to improve the team if they have it.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #56
tpols
7-time NBA All-Star

tpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this boardtpols is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
Jason Kidd is actually retiring...after 19 unbelievable years......

I think I can speak for all Knick fans by saying......Get lost, old man!!! That's right, you heard me. Geriatric c-ck sucker. "Oh look at me, I'm going to the Hall of Fame." I don't give TWO SHITS!!! You'll always be remembered for this!!!

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=299289

How convenient you "forgot how to score" just in the playoffs. Yeah, like that happens.....Congress needs to investigate this black/white charlatan. And your kids got a freaky big head. Go get drunk, slam into a tree, and then beat your wife some more..........goodbye forever!!

What? What's everyone looking at?
So he missed like 8 shots over the course of the series you lost in.. JR missed that much in single quarters.
tpols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 07:06 PM   #57
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

Alright. Nevermind. The Knicks do NOT have the full MLE. To have the full MLE you have to be at least 5 mill below the apron, and then are capped at the apron. The Knicks won't be five mill below the apron so will just have the 3 mill MLE to work with.

Kidd retiring may open up the 1.9 MLE tho.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:22 PM   #58
bagelred
Weird

Quote:
Originally Posted by DStebb716
I doubt they'll pass up an opportunity to improve the team if they have it.

They can't. They have plenty of roster spots to fill with minimum salary guys. They won't even be able to do that if they use full MLE.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:29 PM   #59
DStebb716
Phil of the Future

The only way this team improves is if it pulls off a steal with the 24th pick. I would be absolutely pleased if they could get Shane Larkin there, but I highly doubt he gets anyway passed 23 (Indiana). If there's any possible way to trade up, then the Knicks should do it to land him.

Then signing Dorell Wright would be the best option for the 3 mill MLE. This would give the Knicks a scoring option at the three that spreads the floor for Melo playing at the four.
And resigning Prigioni for the vet's minimum (I wouldn't pay any more than that).
Maybe getting Matt Barnes for the minimum would be a good option if possible.
Resigning JR. And if you can get Cope back on board then good. If he leaves, he'll likely be the second coming of Shawne Williams.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:39 PM   #60
leopoldstotch
Book 'em Dan'l

leopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this boardleopoldstotch is popular on this board

now Juwan Howard needs to retire to complete the draft class.
leopoldstotch is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: