Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-15-2007, 03:36 PM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Texas star Durant may not enter draft, father says

Quote:
The father of Texas freshman Kevin Durant said it's not a sure thing the Big 12's leading scorer will enter June's NBA Draft.

"There's a chance he would come back to Texas next year," Durant's father, Wayne Pratt, told the Dallas Morning News. "Kevin is so young. There's not a rush for him to go to the NBA. Right now, we're not even talking about that. We're talking about winning the Big 12, and Kevin continuing to progress academically."

Durant is averaging 24.9 points and 11.4 rebounds per game for the Longhorns (18-7, 8-3 Big 12). The 18-year-old wants to focus on this season and not his future.

"Right now, I'm trying to win games at Texas," Durant told the newspaper. "That's all I'm thinking about."

Some draft experts believe Durant could go No. 1 or No. 2 in the NBA draft. The deadline for underclassmen to enter the draft is April 29.

"Kevin is enjoying college life," Pratt told the Dallas Morning News. "He's grown from a young boy to a young man, and he's doing well academically, which is most important to me and my wife."

Link

There is no way in hell this kid can't enter the draft.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:37 PM   #2
Jerz Netz
Local High School Star

Jerz Netz has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Texas star Durant may not enter draft, father says

no way he'll stay. he might get screwed over like matt lienart did
Jerz Netz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:39 PM   #3
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
Very good NBA starter

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat coolVCDrivesAPorscheToWork is considered somewhat cool

or even Josh Boone.
VCDrivesAPorscheToWork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:41 PM   #4
BradMiller52
Kings fan

BradMiller52 has an OK reputation so far

Word is he might not like the teams picking #1(like Memphis). But in the end I think he still goes to the pros, right now he has to put his college team first until the NCAA tournament is over. But after that he'll have the 3 million dollars/4 years rookie contract in front of him, and everything else he has to offer. 12 million basically guarenteed is going to be hard for him to turn down.
BradMiller52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:42 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Joakim Noah.

After they won the championship, every daft expert bumrushed the technique and claimed he was a lock for the first pick in the draft and he would be insane to not declare. Now he's lucky to be top 5.
Old 02-15-2007, 03:46 PM   #6
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Joakim Noah.

After they won the championship, every daft expert bumrushed the technique and claimed he was a lock for the first pick in the draft and he would be insane to not declare. Now he's lucky to be top 5.
Noah will be top 5.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 03:53 PM   #7
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

Kblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableKblaze8855 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Im not sure ive ever heard of a guy in his position in college short of his senior year who didnt have people saying he might not leave. And that goes for NBA or NFL. They always say "My mind isnt made up".
Kblaze8855 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:08 PM   #8
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

Durant does not exactly have a durable frame. God forbid he gets injured sometime btw the draft and next season, he will fawk himself out of a lot of money. Just too risky.. you'll see Durant in this year's draft most def...
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:11 PM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplicit
Durant does not exactly have a durable frame. God forbid he gets injured sometime btw the draft and next season, he will fawk himself out of a lot of money. Just too risky.. you'll see Durant in this year's draft most def...

Exactly. Look what happened to Adrian Peterson.
Old 02-15-2007, 04:21 PM   #10
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

He will be in the draft.

To pass up a guaranteed top 2 pick is beyond stupid unless your family is filthy rich already and you won't need the NBA money. He can still get his degree eventually anyways.

Things may be said for now but once the NCAA season is done, someone will sit him down and explain all this to him.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:26 PM   #11
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

I hope he doesn't declare.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:31 PM   #12
Pistol Pete
Who Dat? Geaux Saints!

Pistol Pete has decent reputationPistol Pete has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne

It would be superb if the Boston Celtics recieved the #1 overall pick and both Kevin Durant and Greg Oden stayed in school, that would make my day.
Pistol Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:32 PM   #13
glidedrxlr22
Dont H8 the Laker H8er

glidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation hereglidedrxlr22 has an incredible reputation here

If he waits another year, he'll have to compete against all those guards currently in high school like Mayo, Gordon, and Rose......also Michael Beasley. Right now he's locked into 1-2 range.
glidedrxlr22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 04:37 PM   #14
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

saKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected postersaKf is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
That would be awesome. However, I don't think there's even a small chance of it happening.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:13 PM   #15
KWALI
erudite

KWALI has an OK reputation so far

HE's a great scorer but to me his frame is worrisome. I don't know for sure how much of his skills translate to the NBA without teh required strength..... People talk about quickness and hops but strength is the biggest difference once you step to teh higher levels....

I guess teh no touch rules help him in that regard but his body to me needs a lot of work
KWALI is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: