Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here
Default Gay Going No.1 (again)? Bargnani to the Bulls?

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog...name=katz_andy

Quote:
League sources confirmed to ESPN.com that Toronto is considering Gay at No. 1. This would certainly shock the draft, since Gay has been considered a lock to drop over the past few weeks.

Sources close to the situation said Gay worked out exceptionally well in Toronto, had a clean medical report, has the prototype NBA body for a small forward, is an "outstanding individual" and is considered a "safe pick.''

Gay was the projected No. 1 pick in the preseason, but the perception is that Gay had a down year for the Huskies. However, Connecticut coach Jim Calhoun told ESPN.com last week he disagrees with that perception, especially when one considers the fact that Gay scored 15.2 points per game to lead a team that was loaded with scorers at similar positions.

According to league sources early Tuesday morning, Gay is considered now to be a top-five pick, with the two likely destinations being Toronto at No. 1 and Charlotte at No. 3.

The perception that Toronto must trade down to draft Bargnani also is taking a hit. League sources said the Raptors are now worried that they couldn't get a guarantee that Bargnani would be available for them below No. 2. League sources told ESPN.com that Chicago is seriously considering taking Bargnani -- or at least is putting that out there -- so if the Raptors want Bargnani, they may have to take him at No. 1.

so now we're full circle from last summer where once again Gay is projected to be the top pick? good lord these sports writers and GMs are so fickle

personally I think the Bargnani to Chicogo thing is a trick to keep Toronto from trading down, because Chi is worried that the new team picking #1 woul take the guy they want (tyrus or LaMarcus)

Last edited by kwajo : 06-27-2006 at 01:43 PM.
kwajo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:43 PM   #2
TheGreatNumber8
Banned

TheGreatNumber8 has not been impressing people

I rather them pick Gay over a soft euro. Being the next dirk isn't necessarily a good thing in some aspects.
TheGreatNumber8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:45 PM   #3
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatNumber8
I rather them pick Gay over a soft euro. Being the next dirk isn't necessarily a good thing in some aspects.
If Bargnani is the next Dirk TO would be crazy to pass him up. There's no prospect in this draft that wil be better than Dirk, who may even have some MVP awards before his career is over.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
If Bargnani is the next Dirk TO would be crazy to pass him up. There's no prospect in this draft that wil be better than Dirk, who may even have some MVP awards before his career is over.

Going by nba comparisons? If we used your logic Adam Morrison the Larry Bird, Dirk would go first.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #5
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

He might as well trade down.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:50 PM   #6
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Thread Stealer
GoRapz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:52 PM   #7
Bourne
Valancais for RoY

Bourne has not been impressing people

Not by NBA comparisons. Green's just saying no one in this draft will be better than Dirk Nowitzky.
Bourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:52 PM   #8
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

kwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation herekwajo has an incredible reputation here

sorry GoRapz, I think we were both typing ours at the same time, plus mine is about Chicago too, being that he suggests Chi is interested in Andrea now
Old 06-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne
Not by NBA comparisons. Green's just saying no one in this draft will be better than Dirk Nowitzky.

Ok, so what does that have to do with taking Bargani over Gay?
Old 06-27-2006, 01:54 PM   #10
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Going by nba comparisons? If we used your logic Adam Morrison the Larry Bird, Dirk would go first.
You misunderstood me. I didn't say Bargnani is the next Dirk, I said "if Bargnani is the next Dirk," in reply to theGreatNumber8's post.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
kwajo
Missing Since 2009

I will say one thing about TO picking Gay: at least he plays better Defense than most of the other lottery guys, and the Raps badly need help with their D
Old 06-27-2006, 01:58 PM   #12
Bosh4life
Local High School Star

Bosh4life has an OK reputation so far

I really do hope Toronto drafts gay, bargnani might seem like a gamble to me.
Bosh4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 01:58 PM   #13
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Ok, i dont read/acknowledge TheGreatDope08 so i overlooked his post you quoted. My bad.

But you said in the GoCrapz repeated topic Gay doesnt fit...so how would Bargani if both are gonna play the same position? Bargani is not a Center. Bosh is not a Center. Villy is not a Center.

I like Gay or Morrison...and drafting Joey Graham a season before doesnt change my mind because these 2 are better talents, have better potential/upside. And I'll gamble on it panning out then Graham turning into a all star caliber player.
Old 06-27-2006, 01:59 PM   #14
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwajo
I will say one thing about TO picking Gay: at least he plays better Defense than most of the other lottery guys, and the Raps badly need help with their D
That's true, but how does he fit in on the team when they already have Villanueva and Graham? Someone would have to go.
Old 06-27-2006, 02:02 PM   #15
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
Ok, i dont read/acknowledge TheGreatDope08 so i overlooked his post you quoted. My bad.

But you said in the GoCrapz repeated topic Gay doesnt fit...so how would Bargani if both are gonna play the same position? Bargani is not a Center. Bosh is not a Center. Villy is not a Center.

I like Gay or Morrison...and drafting Joey Graham a season before doesnt change my mind because these 2 are better talents, have better potential/upside. And I'll gamble on it panning out then Graham turning into a all star caliber player.
Bargnani is a tough fit as well, but he's 7 feet tall. If he can add another 20+ pounds to his present 225 he could have legit NBA center size.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: