Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Video Games Forum

Video Games Forum Video game forum - video games message board

Old 12-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #316
eriX
High School Starter

eriX has decent reputation
Default Re: NBA 2k14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunksby
Any tips for a 7'2" center? I never played myplayer and I have a hard time grabbing double digit rebounds which is alarming.

timing is everything for rebounding, provided you already boxed out your man. But then again 2k likes to cheese hard for the CPU on the offensive board as your teammate will not box out his man he will likely get the rebound before you. For offensive rebounds if you are not the star or is the one shooting the ball go from the baseline under the basket and walk into the paint once the shot goes off. Big man to me once you've mastered it is the easiest and most dominant position as seen in the nba, i shoot like 80%+ every game whilst almost averaging triple and sometimes quadruple stats.
eriX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:14 AM   #317
ballup
Post Game Chuck Hayes

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Big men are best to play if you want to win because you control a lot of the defense. I suggest learning defending post moves and help defense. You will get quite a number of good defense and blocks, quickly raising your teammate grade.
ballup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:24 AM   #318
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eriX
timing is everything for rebounding, provided you already boxed out your man. But then again 2k likes to cheese hard for the CPU on the offensive board as your teammate will not box out his man he will likely get the rebound before you. For offensive rebounds if you are not the star or is the one shooting the ball go from the baseline under the basket and walk into the paint once the shot goes off. Big man to me once you've mastered it is the easiest and most dominant position as seen in the nba, i shoot like 80%+ every game whilst almost averaging triple and sometimes quadruple stats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballup
Big men are best to play if you want to win because you control a lot of the defense. I suggest learning defending post moves and help defense. You will get quite a number of good defense and blocks, quickly raising your teammate grade.
Thanks for the tips guys, I'm a pretty good defender but I hate losing rebounds to guards and forwards pisses me off every time
ETA: What camera do you recommend? I use the Dynamic Broadcast with my own modifications, I get a headache playing over Player Lock cam.

Last edited by dunksby : 12-20-2013 at 09:30 AM.
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 11:42 AM   #319
ballup
Post Game Chuck Hayes

ballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableballup is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Boxing out is really important. It's ok if a smaller guy gets it as long as it's not your guy because that's where you lose points. Plus you can always block them if they try to put it up unless you are on the other side of the court.

I use the default one. Too used to it, but I wish it was zoomed further out. You lose track of the corner 3 when you are pulled out to the opposite one. It makes you lose time to react for rotations.
Old 12-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #320
dunksby
ISH's Scribbler

dunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdunksby is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Thanks to you people I just recorded my first double double a 19/12 game
dunksby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:20 PM   #321
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

In MyCareer mode, have they altered it so that you can skip one game at a time or does it still skip a bunch of games in between key games?
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #322
ballup
Post Game Chuck Hayes

It's so funny dominating the post with Trevor Booker. Lower seeded players just don't know how to defend in the post.
Old 12-20-2013, 06:04 PM   #323
TheReal Kendall
Love Live Life

TheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReal Kendall is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ai2death
You know, you guys who are paying actual cash for VC are just adding to the problem that is VC?

You right bro but it takes so long to earn 10,000 vc for gold packs in myteam.

I just got tired of going against stacked teams with my scrubs.

I felt bad after I paid for VC but winning cheered me up
TheReal Kendall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 10:51 PM   #324
ihoopallday
King James

ihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation hereihoopallday has a near all-star reputation here

Tried out the park on the xbox one last night. Pretty fun if you get teammates that pass. But I don't get how so many people have 99 overall players. I've been playing my ass off and I'm barely an 80.
ihoopallday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #325
$LakerGold
#TeamMir #TeamRousey

$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster$LakerGold is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Motion = Triangle offense?
$LakerGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:54 AM   #326
CarlosBoozer
"Boozer"

CarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCarlosBoozer is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

What system you guys playing on? I'm on the ps4!
CarlosBoozer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 07:21 AM   #327
ukballer
NBA rookie of the year

ukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterukballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

PS4. Feel free to add me: WarroF1

Had a couple of guys add me here but I haven't got a clue who they are.
ukballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #328
Straight_Ballin
Local High School Star

Straight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong wayStraight_Ballin is starting to rub some people the wrong way

I'm a starting pt guard. I've won 28 games in a row on the bucks. Dropped 106 pts on 8 min quarters on all-star mode in MyCareer.

The park is more fun, as it's more realistic.

This is on xbox one.
Straight_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:47 AM   #329
Scholar
Gawdbe GOATsol Nashty

Scholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableScholar is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar
In MyCareer mode, have they altered it so that you can skip one game at a time or does it still skip a bunch of games in between key games?

Will someone answer this for me please?
Scholar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 11:33 AM   #330
Rondooooooooooo
Liquid Swordsman

Rondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation hereRondooooooooooo has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholar

Nope. I would love to play only the games you want, like play 2 games a week. but its either key games, or all games
Rondooooooooooo is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: