Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 06-08-2013, 11:48 PM   #31
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Lions with Mathew Stafford vs. Winning Teams

okay you know what, I am fine with people putting Matt in the same "tier" as Sam...honestly I think the average casual fan has Matt in a tier above Sam...this can be seen in the Players Top-100 list where Matt is like #75 and Sam is no where to be found.

Stats and team wins aside, I DO think that Sam wins the eye ball test though...I feel like I have watched enough of both, obviously enough of Sam I've seen every game he played as a Sooner even...and to me it is just visually obvious that Sam is the better passer.

I also disagree that this year Sam has 'weapons"...his top 3 WRs are either rookies or unproven sophmores, and he has no RB at all...the only real upgrade was Jake Long at LT but Jake is not what he used to be at all, he hasn't even played the last two years completely.

anyway, I feel confident that down the road it will be another case of me saying "I told you so"...just have to wait a little while to say it, that's all
-p.tiddy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 10:05 AM   #32
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
okay you know what, I am fine with people putting Matt in the same "tier" as Sam...honestly I think the average casual fan has Matt in a tier above Sam...this can be seen in the Players Top-100 list where Matt is like #75 and Sam is no where to be found.

Yeah we are on the same page here. Think he was thrusted even higher after the season before last he had. I remember someone posted a ranking list and Stafford was high. Talkin top 7. Pretty sure I wasnt dreaming.

Quote:
Stats and team wins aside, I DO think that Sam wins the eye ball test though...I feel like I have watched enough of both, obviously enough of Sam I've seen every game he played as a Sooner even...and to me it is just visually obvious that Sam is the better passer.

I can live with that.

Quote:
anyway, I feel confident that down the road it will be another case of me saying "I told you so"...just have to wait a little while to say it, that's all

How long down the road because its been 3 years so far since you have been talking up Sam Bradford.

What happens down the road really doesnt relate to how do you say it prime...NOW.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 11:26 AM   #33
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

lol are you really arguing that Sam Bradford is a better QB than Stafford? You ain't convincing anyone.

Bradford is probably the worst starting QB in his division
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 12:48 PM   #34
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

I don't get how Bradford passes the eye test of being better.

Bradford, for all his supposed accuracy traits... doesn't hit people on the money consistently. He's not a great down the field thrower as far as accuracy goes (Stafford is better in this area) but on the short stuff he is better with accuracy vs. Stafford.

Mobility, Stafford is at least as mobile....and IMO has a slight edge.

Arm strength is not even close. Stafford has a rocket, Bradford just above average for a starting NFL QB.

Pocket presence, both good...neither clearly better than the other.

Decision making, Stafford has more willingness to make tight throws...and I think that's actually a trait....the wideouts get paid money too, I like when a QB gives them a chance to make a play. That's how big plays are made. Bradford more safe, IMO.

It is interesting that both had basically the same INT percentage last year though.

Last edited by Carbine : 06-09-2013 at 12:52 PM.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:06 PM   #35
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable-p.tiddy- is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

OBVIOUSLY Matt is going to have better down the field stats with Calvin while Sam has no deep threat on the team

you want to talk about INT% rate? Look at this:

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...rceptions-2012

for adjusted INTs Sam was #5 overall...2.2%

Matt was #16 overall...3.2%

when you talk about accuracy last year both had the same comp% but just be honest with yourself and see that one has the best WR in the game and the other has arguably the WORST cast of WRs in the NFL...yet Sam was able to still put up the same per stats, and also win more games.

Do you not think that if Sam was on the Lions and Matt on the Rams that this wouldn't be anywhere close? Is Calvin Johnson not a dream weapon for a QB?
Old 06-09-2013, 01:23 PM   #36
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8tCdCWB1LM

^^^ see this, this is a LUXURY that Matt has...I am sorry but ANY QB IN THE NFL COULD HAVE THROWN THAT...hell, I think even I could have thrown that TD.

Calvin was in triple coverage, Matt didn't care at all about the defenders, he just launched it up.

and those catches are common with Calvin...

there is no one on the Rams EVEN REMOTELY CLOSE TO THAT for Sam
Old 06-09-2013, 03:14 PM   #37
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputation

I'm talking about the eye ball test - not stats, or what ifs - WTF?
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 03:30 PM   #38
-p.tiddy-
the Sho Kosugi of ISH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
I'm talking about the eye ball test - not stats, or what ifs - WTF?
you brought up both down field passing and INT%...I just touched on those...the "what if" was a separate question to you

as far as the eye ball test goes, I guess all I can see is that I see elite potential in Sam that I do not see in Matt...there is no stat to back up an eye-ball test other just me saying "that is how I see it"
Old 06-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #39
IcanzIIravor
NBA lottery pick

IcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterIcanzIIravor is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Sam should take a step forward now that he does have a revolving door off offensive coordinators and Fisher will stay consistent with the running game. I think Stafford has been let down by the coaching staff. They abandon the run game too quickly and have him throw far too often. I think the luxury of having Megatron has also played a part in his regression. Needs to get back in the film room.
IcanzIIravor is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: