Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New York Knicks Forum

New York Knicks Forum New York Knicks forum - NY Knicks message board

Old 02-15-2007, 04:30 AM   #1
knicks15
Local High School Star

Default why exactly does jerome james start?

he starts, plays 2 minutes (while throwing up about 3 shots) and then gets pulled
knicks15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 05:23 AM   #2
Blue&Orange
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: why exactly does jerome james start?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knicks15
he starts, plays 2 minutes (while throwing up about 3 shots) and then gets pulled
Trying to hurt his pride? And make him care?
Blue&Orange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:02 AM   #3
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Default Re: why exactly does Jerome James start?

That mentality is a losing one.

Zeke has no idea what he's doing.

It is obvious that James and Francis just have to go......now, they are a cancer.

Balkman, Frye, Lee, Nate, Q, Crawford, Marbury, Curry, Jefferies, Cato, Collins, Rose. Those are our roster players.

To start:
Marbury
Crawford
Q Rich
Lee
Curry
They're a little small but we have some guys off the bench who can do just fine.

James starting and playing for 5 minutes is insane and there is absolutely no logical reason for it.

Francis is an idiot.

Isiah has no rotation and what he does only makes sense to him.
bigdaddybluesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 11:39 AM   #4
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Zeke is a vivid example of why crack is whack. He must be on something to think that he's steering this boat in a winning direction.

I say that James starting is the most retarded and desperate move he has done since signing the 7 foot clown. I'm so dissappointed with the outcome of this season that I'm watching the games less and less. I see a big lead by the other team and I pretty much no the ending to the game already.

Thomas is a weak coach. He has no spine. You have to start your best and bring in the stronger of your players off the bench. Keep that recurring cycle of players hoping that none get hurt and then having to rely on your scrubs.

One more thing about Zeke, why does he talk in that calm and almost gay tone of voice regardless if he wins or loses? He show no passion about the team or the game. No conviction in his words. I'm hoping he turns into like a Scott Skiles like coach. With a no BS demeanor and attitude towards his players. Coach Avery from Dallas has his players in check as well. They don't want to follow you in a nice way then eat them alive when you talk to them. Gain control of the team Zeke. You might not have control over you job next season if you don't.
Amigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #5
blakdes
I airball my layups

What I find so damn funny. Is when Isiah sign dude, we had half the idiots on this board signing his praises. throwing up meger stats on how JJ is going to improve the team. Now he's is proving to be the bum he's always been, yall wanna scream murder.

Dude is a bum! He looks like he has total lack of confidence to even walk straight. He doesnt even belong to sit on the bench!
blakdes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 01:41 PM   #6
j Fresh
Local High School Star

He starts for the hell of it.

Why kind of message is Isiah Thomas sending if he just let's Jerome James sit there on the bench and rot even more? He's getting payed to sit down basically, so no matter how much a worthless peace of air ball player he is, he has to play at least 2 minutes a game.

He is garbage though. I knew it was a bad signing from the beggining, you don't sign someone just because they played good in the Playoffs but yet you know nothing about them and what they can bring to the table on a daily basis. Jerome James' agent must of told him in the Playoffs "Look James, I know you're a lazy, worthless peace of garbage, but if you get your lazzy a** off your seat, and play like you are the new Shaq for a good few games, Isiah Thomas will sign you to a max contract!!"
j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:04 PM   #7
Don Che
I hit open 5-footers

His reasoning is the fact that it gives James the ability to defend the best low post player and offer a "beefier" frontline to start da game.....

The real reason is that he must be racist cuz thats the only logical reason that David Lee isnt the starting 4 for this team.
The rotation SHOULD be:

Curry
Lee
Quentin
Jamal
Marbury
Bench
Francis
Jeffries/Balkman
Frye

Everytime the knicks played 8 players they played great D and unified under those circumstances. All the players on da bench are combo players who are not TRUE to any position

Frye isnt a 5 but can play it at spurts. He should be a 4 but is scared to be at da basket. He is a 3 offensively but stuck in a 5's body.

Jared Jeffries is mobile like a 3 and is skinny as hell. His height makes him a small 4 but his length enables him to gaurd 5s. Too bad that his offensive skill is that of a high schooler but effort and length is worth a rotation spot

Steve Francis.....Nuff said...the epitome of a combo gaurd
Don Che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 02:49 PM   #8
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

It just hurts to watch him start. It's an insult to basketball. I mean I'd start only my BEST players. Not a scrub.

Defense? A big body? Tall? I remember Shawn Bradley. Dude was pretty tall. Didn't mean he could play though. I mean he was posterized nightly by almost anybody on any given night. I remember when Francis was the Franchise and he one handed a dunk right in his face. Bradley must be at least 10 tall when he raises his arms and goes for a block. Didn't matter. You could be a tall guy but if you have no heart or skill or miss both then you will become a clown that is getting paid to "look" like a ball player.

I hate you Jerome James.
Old 02-15-2007, 05:34 PM   #9
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Francis is in another world.....which one is anybodies guess.

I really hate Jerome James.

I think when the team used less players they played better. They were jelling like Machellin......

Using James and Francis serves no purpose if you want to win. Same for Rose who is an emergency player. They dared him to shoot last night.

When we were short handed it forced Zeke to use a limited rotation. As soon as he had more players he showed that he is not capable of putting the puzzle together.

Another thing that pisses me off is pulling a young player when he gets in a little foul trouble. Let him play it out and learn. That was Curry's big complaint against Larry Brown, he said I have to figure it out on the court not the bench.

So Isiah is not a very good coach, that's the bottom line........

Jeff Van Gundy were are you?
Old 02-15-2007, 05:55 PM   #10
j Fresh
Local High School Star

j Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 06:09 PM   #11
Wutaguy
Can barely lace up my sneakers

theyre both getting PT cuz theyre gonna get traded...simple as that
Wutaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2007, 08:54 PM   #12
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Anybody who would take those guys in a trade smokes more crack than Zeke.

And I am being to think he does, as another poster mentioned.

I would like to hear him double talk his way out of that one(why he starts James) and even plays Francis.
Old 02-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #13
Amigo
Knicks Fan 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdaddybluesman
Anybody who would take those guys in a trade smokes more crack than Zeke.

And I am being to think he does, as another poster mentioned.

I would like to hear him double talk his way out of that one(why he starts James) and even plays Francis.

And that poster was me!!!! Zeke you crack fiend!!! AMIGO!!!
Old 02-16-2007, 12:50 AM   #14
bigdaddybluesman
Local High School Star

Oh cool.......

We agree on a lot of things.

Zeke is hitting the pipe hard.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:46 AM   #15
wally_world
M0derator

Lee is scary... they need to start him...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: