Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-27-2006, 06:59 PM   #1
The REAL Next KNICK
Serious playground baller

The REAL Next KNICK has no real reputation yet.
Default Tyrus Thomas

all this hype about thomas, think about it, stromile swift was the same way in college maybe even better and now look at him..just dunks on people that's it, thats how i think thomas is going to end up
The REAL Next KNICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:05 AM   #2
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

Look at Stromiles attitude compared to Thomas' attitude. Maybe they were the same coming out of college but you can bet Thomas will work a lot harder on his J and overall game than Swift did. Swift was a victom of his own ego thinking he didn't need to work to achieve anything.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:06 AM   #3
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Saying that I don't know what the hell to think about Thomas. He could be very good, he could be very bad, he could be right in the middle.
Old 06-28-2006, 04:13 AM   #4
Bill Swerski

If he really wants to be great, he can get there.

Right now, he's pure hype.

His rebounding/blocked shots will suffer @ the pro level,
playing against much bigger, quicker, stronger comp.

His offense seems to be improving, but as it stands now,
he'll dunk over a few MF's and hit a few open J's,
that's not lottery sh!t.

IMHO, w/o that NCAA tourney,
he'd be a late 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:45 AM   #5
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Swerski
IMHO, w/o that NCAA tourney,
he'd be a late 1st rounder, early 2nd rounder.

No way dude. He would have been a top 10 regradless. It was his NCAA Tournament performances that hyped him up to be this great first overall pick. He was firmly in the top 10 before the tournament because of his season play. You can't raise your stock a round in the NCAA tournament unless you drop 50 a game. Plus, he had off games in the tournament as well (UCLA).
Old 06-28-2006, 03:36 PM   #6
Csharp10

Totally agree dwillreg. Thomas isnt going to be a stromile swift, he is a much hard worker then him. He is gonna need a little bit of weight maybe 10 to 15 pounds of muscle. From what i heard he is already gaining some weight.The thing i really like about him is that he is a energizer, he hustles, an he loves playing defense.He will be successfull if he keeps getting better.He has a mean streak to him that Aldridge does not, thats the only reason i prefer Thomas over Aldridge.I really think he will fit well with the bulls because the guy flys up the floor like a guard, an anytime the bulls can run an gun there gonna do it.Again he is about energy an thats the whole bulls team , energy players that work hard.Perfect Fit. Shannon Brown at 16!Another perfect fit.
Old 06-28-2006, 03:41 PM   #7
JohnnySic
green is good

JohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterJohnnySic is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm really not seeing the Swift/Thomas comparison.
JohnnySic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:05 PM   #8
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

I see Thomas' max potential as a Shawne Marion/Amare Stodimire mix. Not combination that is he will probaly never be as good as either of those players but his skill set is designed for a team that runs the fast break (Suns). I could see the suns trading Marion for the #2 pick and they could get a younger version of Marion/Stodimire and put him at 3. That would be smart.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: