Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-28-2006, 08:39 PM   #1
BallerTillIDie
Can barely lace up my sneakers

BallerTillIDie has an OK reputation so far
Default Foye-Roy Trade

I think that is a better fit for both teams...
BallerTillIDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:18 AM   #2
BRoyHOF
I airball my layups

BRoyHOF has an OK reputation so far

hell yeah Foye is a perfect fit here. Hes like a poor man's D-Wade and gives us a point guard that can score.
BRoyHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:32 AM   #3
podsportart
Can barely lace up my sneakers

podsportart has an OK reputation so far

Trade makes sense, but way to get cash for moving down. That cash is really going to help in the 4th quarter. Even the moves he does right he finds a way to fail. McHale sucks.
podsportart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2006, 12:33 AM   #4
Unregistered

I thought Rudy Gay was a better fit. He's athletic, long, block shots, hit the open three and additional length next to KG. Memphis practically stole Rudy Gay from Houston.

Last year, we missed on Danny Granger who would have served the same purpose for KG. Instead we went with Rashard, who's been OK but not fantastic. I think Having Danny Granger would have made a better fit for timberwolves by alleviating some rebounding load from KG while providing some "length" on defense - the guy was even a better three point shooter than McCant!

I think they missed the boat again! THey're going to hype this stuff up, but it was a disapointment.

They missed on getting the 21st pick which Phoenix practically GAVE away.

I actually liked their second round picks. WE definitely needs some athletic small forwards.

If there is anything positive about Foy, it's that he's athletic and can take some contact. MN did not get to the free throw line very often last year. Hopefully, that will change with Foy, but we'll see.

Bottom line: Unless MN hits the free agent market HARD, it'll be another tough year. If they can't get the right players, they need to make a trade - preferably with Chicago who has the asset base we need to build.

It would really be sad if we missed the playoffs again because it would be demoralizing AND we don't have a first round pick due to the trade with Boston (another fiasco)
Old 06-29-2006, 12:33 AM   #5
BRoyHOF
I airball my layups

BRoyHOF has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by podsportart
Trade makes sense, but way to get cash for moving down. That cash is really going to help in the 4th quarter. Even the moves he does right he finds a way to fail. McHale sucks.

uhh that cash will help us get a good player which will help us in the 4th qurter
BRoyHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: