Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-14-2013, 03:53 PM   #16
tmacattack33
NBA rookie of the year

tmacattack33 has not been impressing people
Default Re: ESPN Lebron vs Wiggins Article Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeABosh
For the next 20 years every 6' 8" athletic player will be compared to Lebron just as there was a "next JOrdan" every year

Ehh i don't know. Wiggins has been the first player since Lebron to recieve the hype he is getting.

Oden, Durant, and John Wall are the only ones who come close to that amount of hype.
tmacattack33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:46 PM   #17
Replay32
Local High School Star

Replay32 has an OK reputation so far

Wiggins won't be as good as lebron. Also they are different players. I believe wiggins will be a solid NBA player, but not an All time great player. Just my opinion.
Replay32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:48 PM   #18
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Replay32
Wiggins won't be as good as lebron. Also they are different players. I believe wiggins will be a solid NBA player, but not an All time great player. Just my opinion.

He is from Canada...
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:17 PM   #19
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

arifgokcen has decent reputation

Quote:
We all know he is not gonna be as good as lebron however he is the best prospect since lebron.He has the potential to be top 20 or maybe even higher.I know he didnt play a single minute but just based on potential he has it.Right now besides durant there is no young player who has that potential be top 20 or top 10 of all time.
arifgokcen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 05:22 PM   #20
Replay32
Local High School Star

Replay32 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by arifgokcen
We all know he is not gonna be as good as lebron however he is the best prospect since lebron.He has the potential to be top 20 or maybe even higher.I know he didnt play a single minute but just based on potential he has it.Right now besides durant there is no young player who has that potential be top 20 or top 10 of all time.

I don't agree. For all we know he may end up being gerald green. IMO, he won't be an all time great. I definitely could be wrong. It'll be interesting to see.
Replay32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #21
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Quote:
I don't agree. For all we know he may end up being gerald green. IMO, he won't be an all time great. I definitely could be wrong. It'll be interesting to see.

Dude i think you partially agree with me.

I didnt say he is gonna be all time great i said he has the potential to be all time great.Thats the point we can agree on.Surely he will be better than gerald green though. Gerald green is one of the worst players with that kind of ath.(in the league).He is better than green right now.

Lets see what happens.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:59 PM   #22
veilside23
alternick = loser :D

veilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this boardveilside23 is popular on this board

LoL @ gerald green comparison ... Right now the IQ and Basketball IQ of green and wiggins the later is way above on both.

sure he may not be the next lebron no one will be but we will see if he can make a name for himself..

Dude is also a freak of nature as well not a buff type of player but i believe he is longer than lebron when it comes to reach at that age dude has like 7 footer wing span .
wiggins' parents are both great athletes i know its rate and it doesnt always transcend/translate but right now i think wiggins is just lacking consistency on his jumpshot

defense was not discuss on that topic

i believe 18 year old wiggins is better than lebron james defensively.

wiggins was able to guard a 6'10 beast on the post who is heavier and bulkier than him.

so with that alone we cant really say he is the next LBJ..

but i believe the team who will get this guy has a bright future ..
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:19 PM   #23
arifgokcen
DON'T FEED THE TROLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23
LoL @ gerald green comparison ... Right now the IQ and Basketball IQ of green and wiggins the later is way above on both.

sure he may not be the next lebron no one will be but we will see if he can make a name for himself..

Dude is also a freak of nature as well not a buff type of player but i believe he is longer than lebron when it comes to reach at that age dude has like 7 footer wing span .
wiggins' parents are both great athletes i know its rate and it doesnt always transcend/translate but right now i think wiggins is just lacking consistency on his jumpshot

wiggins was able to guard a 6'10 beast on the post who is heavier and bulkier than him.

+1

BTW for a article request thread 22 posts interesting.
Old 06-14-2013, 09:01 PM   #24
inclinerator
Future NBA G.O.A.T

inclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterinclinerator is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturnofJPR
Are you a HEAT fan? If you aren't, I'll post it.

Can't copy it from my iphone, they give the edge to James in every single category except Shooting.
inclinerator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:27 PM   #25
joeysms55
Kids at the park dunk on me

joeysms55 has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside23

Bolded part are not true. On the article they mentioned on how well Lebron plays both ends of the court. He is also shorter and way lighter than HS Lebron. At his age, Lebron dominated HS.

Athleticism wise, they've discussed how Lebron is more athletic than him.
joeysms55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:32 PM   #26
PickernRoller
2/5

PickernRoller has not been impressing people

People enjoy the insight from ESPN? ummm
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:47 AM   #27
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The article was quite lacking in depth, not really worth $2.99 a year. I think 50% of the posters here could have drawn the same conclusions based on watching youtube clips.

LeBron of course was better.

The LeBron James comparisons are unfair, as LeBron was a transitional, once in a generation prospect. Some scouts worried he was 'too ready' and that his large frame and strength would be a hindrance and slow him down as he matured.

LeBron was basically ready in grade 11 (not unlike Wiggins, hence the parallels) but LeBron was a man, Karl Malone Size with perimeter skills. Wiggins is still very much in a boys body.

Wiggins also gets a bit more ink than he should because he is from Canada and that makes him unique as a non-American has never generated this much hype. This reality increases his exposure by 33% and the fact that he has famous parents also adds to the narrative, with LBJ it was all about the freakishness.

Where Wiggins can take comfort is the fact that his dad was a strong, physical player with an above average build for the era.

There is no reason not to believe that the younger Wiggins still has soe filling out to do.

Also, having a better jumpshot at this stage is crucial, the book on the uber athletes is to take away the middle and give up the jumpshot. If the jumper is wet, the player becomes unguardable. If Wiggins can near Kevin Durant in shooting and near LeBron James in the attack (not emulate as both are the best at those specific skill sets, just approach their ability) he can be a great double threat, something the league rarely sees. His head seems to be on straight and the work ethic seems to be there (he is giving up a summer on the Canadian Junior Team to be in Lawrence everyday practicing, playing internationally against kids his own age won't help his long term prospects as much as being in the gym honing his skills) and he seems to be still maturing physically. Wiggins can go a lot of ways, but I'd be well surprised if he wasn't an NBA All Star by year 3 at the very latest.

I guess the question is, who in the NBA would you take right now ahead of him at the 2/3 spot?

LeBron
Durant
Kobe
Harden
Wade
Melo
Pierce
George

After that it gets pretty thin quickly (good players, but not good enough to pass up gambling on Wiggins potential), so you already have him near elite status, and with Kobe and Pierce at the end of their careers he can only go up
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:33 PM   #28
ReturnofJPR
Mirotic: Euro MVP '13

ReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this boardReturnofJPR is popular on this board

JtotheIzzo writes for ESPN Insider.
ReturnofJPR is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: