Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-17-2013, 11:57 PM   #16
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

Default Re: New ESPN report: Dwight wants to play with Chris Paul in LAC

Dwight can talk about coming back to the Lakers if he wants to. They can't negotiate an actual contract until after July 1.

He's still under contract with the Lakers, they can talk they can negotiate they can make plans, they just can't formalize it until after July 1 and other teams cannot contact him or talk about him until July 1
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:20 PM   #17
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
Dwight can talk about coming back to the Lakers if he wants to. They can't negotiate an actual contract until after July 1.

He's still under contract with the Lakers, they can talk they can negotiate they can make plans, they just can't formalize it until after July 1 and other teams cannot contact him or talk about him until July 1

Good point. None of this talk actually matters until the final decision is made. If he came back to the lakers for a max deal, I would welcome him back. If he leaves, thats fine. Dwight just needs to stop prolonging all of this. Every year he loses fans. Seeing that we're the biggest fan base, thats gonna take a huge hit on his popularity.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:06 AM   #18
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Dwight just needs to stop prolonging all of this. Every year he loses fans. Seeing that we're the biggest fan base, thats gonna take a huge hit on his popularity.

I completely agree. If Dwight leaves LA he'll have one of the most passionate fan bases in the NBA upset with him. Add that to how he handled everything in Orlando and I can't see him ever bouncing back as a popular player. He may still be good, but he won't be marketable at all (at least outside of whatever potential team he would sign with).
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:50 AM   #19
daily
I rattle in 5-footers

I don't fault Howard for going through the process. He came straight from High School so missed the whole recruiting scene top players get from the colleges.

He's never been an NBA free agent and this will be his most meaningful and lucrative contract of his career. Let him go through it all, make the visits get wined and dined, be given the red carpet treatment. He'd be a fool not to experience this aspect of the sport and explore all avenues.

In the end he'll or should do what fills his needs both financially and career wise.
daily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:42 PM   #20
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by daily
I don't fault Howard for going through the process. He came straight from High School so missed the whole recruiting scene top players get from the colleges.

He's never been an NBA free agent and this will be his most meaningful and lucrative contract of his career. Let him go through it all, make the visits get wined and dined, be given the red carpet treatment. He'd be a fool not to experience this aspect of the sport and explore all avenues.

In the end he'll or should do what fills his needs both financially and career wise.

I have to agree with you

If I were Dwight, I would not re-sign with the Lakers unless they fired 'Antoni.
No Center can make the HOF playing in his anti-center offense and no defensive strategy. Why should he commit himself to even 1 more year of that torture?
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #21
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
I have to agree with you

If I were Dwight, I would not re-sign with the Lakers unless they fired 'Antoni.
No Center can make the HOF playing in his anti-center offense and no defensive strategy. Why should he commit himself to even 1 more year of that torture?

CP3 is trying to make the Clippers trade for KG and hire a coach of his choice (Rivers). I'm guessing there's probably going to be something behind the scenes where Dwight would expect 'antoni to not be around for long..... or at least I'm hoping that's happening :)
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:10 PM   #22
Big_Dogg
Dunktacular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
CP3 is trying to make the Clippers trade for KG and hire a coach of his choice (Rivers). I'm guessing there's probably going to be something behind the scenes where Dwight would expect 'antoni to not be around for long..... or at least I'm hoping that's happening :)

Regardless if Dwight comes back or not, I hope D'Antoni is not around much longer either.
Big_Dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 02:11 PM   #23
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_Dogg
Regardless if Dwight comes back or not, I hope D'Antoni is not around much longer either.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:10 PM   #24
bladefd
Good college starter

I hope at least one thing goes right this off-season... re-signing of Dwight.

Just saw Miami win their ring, and I'm really disappointed that Spurs blew it. DAMNIT, MANU GINOBILI AND DANNY GREEN. The two guys I thought were awesome people blew it. BLEW IT AGAIN SECOND GAME IN A ROW! Very disappointing day today and disappointing start to the summer. Now all we need is to lose Dwight next, and I will be really pissed off to the max this summer. All while the Clippers are trying to build up their team to take it away from the Lakers. Kobe coming off a major injury. Nash back problems. Mike D'Antoni still the head-coach. Can it get ANY worse?

bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:11 PM   #25
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
I have to agree with you

Because if he re-signs, he will be handed the keys to the most successful organization in NBA history and he will have the ability to command who to hire and fire. Very rare to earn that sort of power, but the lakers were willing to make him "the" man.
Old 06-21-2013, 10:13 PM   #26
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Because if he re-signs, he will be handed the keys to the most successful organization in NBA history and he will have the ability to command who to hire and fire. Very rare to earn that sort of power, but the lakers were willing to make him "the" man.

What are you talking about? If he re-signs with 'Antoni still the head coach then he loses all power to shape the path of the franchise......if the Lakers don't fire the coach then how can Dwight be "The Man"??? 'Antoni has said flat out that he hates the post game and will not make any effort to get the ball inside.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:35 AM   #27
LA.MJ&KB#1
Good college starter

Quote:
What are you talking about? If he re-signs with 'Antoni still the head coach then he loses all power to shape the path of the franchise......if the Lakers don't fire the coach then how can Dwight be "The Man"??? 'Antoni has said flat out that he hates the post game and will not make any effort to get the ball inside.

IF that's how 'Antoni feels then Dwight would be crazy to re-sign. Just different philosophy and style " want work". That's for sure.

What's up DKLaker and family. Just enjoying my summer and would love to see 'Antoni interviewing for another JOB:) one could read between the lines.

Later
LA.MJ&KB#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #28
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:

The problem is its hard to argue against the 28-12 record last season. During that stretch, Dwight was playing great basketball that we had waited for all season long. He was getting his touches, points, rebounds, blocks.

This isn't to argue if D'Antoni is a good coach or not. What I am attempting to bring up is Dwight's will to stay or go. Is he trying to find an excuse to leave, and understands that D'Antoni is the easiest scapegoat to throw under the bus?

I agree D'Antoni isn't right for the makeup of this roster and before it gets into another coaching discussion, I just want to establish that we both agree that we need another coach.

Now lets go back again to what I just said about Dwight. He's made a career of finding excuses. Is he using D'Antoni as his reason to leave? The lakers have not even made a decision yet. Just because they have not fired D'Antoni, does not mean they won't before the start of the season.

So lets put out a scenario here. If D'Antoni does get fired, will Dwight really re-sign? Or will he find another excuse to leave?
Old 06-23-2013, 01:08 PM   #29
longtime lurker

If Dwight wants to be a gutless bitch that teams up like the Miami Big 3 then I say let him go to the Clippers. I'd gladly take Blake but Bledsoe is the player that really intrigues me. I think he could be a top 10 point guard in this league. The Lakers could probably squeeze two draft picks from the Clippers if they're desperate enough. There is no quick fix, there is no magical move that's going to make the Lakers contenders they'll have to rebuild the right way.
longtime lurker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:01 PM   #30
DKLaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA.MJ&KB#1
IF that's how 'Antoni feels then Dwight would be crazy to re-sign. Just different philosophy and style " want work". That's for sure.

What's up DKLaker and family. Just enjoying my summer and would love to see 'Antoni interviewing for another JOB:) one could read between the lines.

Later

Hey Bro, GREAT to see you back on the board!!!!!
All is good!!!

I wouldn't trust 'Antoni to win a title if we added Paul, Lebron and Durant.......dude would find a way to screw it up.

Some other folks on here may fall for the 28-12 late season run but I know better....'Antoni is garbage.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: