Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Lakers Forum

Los Angeles Lakers Forum Los Angeles Lakers message board - los angeles lakers fan forum

Old 06-14-2013, 04:52 PM   #1
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default New ESPN report: Dwight wants to play with Chris Paul in LAC

I do not have a link because I saw this on ESPNnews and on ESPN radio.

It would obviously have to be a sign & trade with the clippers, in which case, we do not ask for anything less than Blake Griffin. Seeing as though I really don't want blake griffin, perhaps we ship him at the same time to Minnesota for Kevin Love or something.

But might I also add, that now this lockout has proven to be the biggest failure of the NBA. They said themselves it was to help teams keep their stars, and now Dwight has proven that it is flawed when he left the magic, and now when he's about to leave LA. This isn't a knock on Dwight because this is his right, but from now on the NBA better have a good reason for wasting any part of a season.
lakerfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:10 PM   #2
DKLaker
NBA sixth man of the year

DKLaker has not been impressing people
Default Re: New ESPN report: Dwight wants to play with Chris Paul in LAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakerfreak

It would obviously have to be a sign & trade with the clippers, in which case, we do not ask for anything less than Blake Griffin. Seeing as though I really don't want blake griffin, perhaps we ship him at the same time to Minnesota for Kevin Love or something.

But might I also add, that now this lockout has proven to be the biggest failure of the NBA. They said themselves it was to help teams keep their stars, and now Dwight has proven that it is flawed when he left the magic, and now when he's about to leave LA. This isn't a knock on Dwight because this is his right, but from now on the NBA better have a good reason for wasting any part of a season.

Here's the link:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...o-be-teammates

I read it earlier but I don't take it seriously, just typical off season jabber
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:44 PM   #3
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:

I was stressed when kobe wanted to play with clippers but dwight ...meh.... I dont care

He can sign if he wants or leave if he wants too... Not worried about it 1 bit...

I for sure would trade nash in summer if howard walks away
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:20 AM   #4
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Mgamer20o0 has decent reputationMgamer20o0 has decent reputation

it would be nice if he stays but i am still not sure he is the guy to win.... as hard as it might be... clearing the books getting some picks might be the best option for now. they keep making it harder and harder for the lakers to build a team as they have in the past.
Mgamer20o0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 07:42 PM   #5
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

lakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterlakerfreak is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Here's the link:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ey...o-be-teammates

I read it earlier but I don't take it seriously, just typical off season jabber

Its heating up. The clippers are ready to offer Griffin and Bledsoe. I'd do that in the blink of an eye.

http://www.lakersnation.com/clippers...rd/2013/06/15/
Old 06-15-2013, 07:57 PM   #6
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

http://www.lakersnation.com/sources-...de/2013/06/14/

gets more and more interesting as the lakers say they will NOT S&T Dwight anywhere.

The only option for CP3 and Dwight to play together at this point is to go to Atlanta, who has the cap space to sign both. Thats fine by me. Gets them out of the west, and humbles our "little brothers" lol.
Old 06-16-2013, 04:50 AM   #7
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

good. like someone in the main said. the savings is worth it to let him walk then tie up all the cap with weaker players.
Old 06-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #8
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0
good. like someone in the main said. the savings is worth it to let him walk then tie up all the cap with weaker players.

I've always said that out of the list of so-called "superstars" in this league, that Dwight is the bottom on that list. He's not worth the money or the trouble, especially if we can go after someone more reliable than him.

Big men are valuable yes, but only if they know what to do with the rock once they get it. People think he had a good offensive game but its not true. The only thing that improved from when he was a rookie offensively, was his shot attempts per game, and thus, points. He has done nothing to improve in that area.

I trust the lakers will know exactly how to manage this situation once time begins to run out and players begin to find new homes.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:02 AM   #9
DKLaker

DKLaker has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgamer20o0

Really dumb isn't it

Anyone trusting Jimmy to do intelligent things has been asleep for the last 2 years. There is not a move they can make to give them a chance as long as 'Antoni is coaching the team.....it begins and ends with coaching.
DKLaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 01:10 AM   #10
Lakers_Kobe_Fan

Lakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputationLakers_Kobe_Fan has a bad reputation

Quote:
I've always said that out of the list of so-called "superstars" in this league, that Dwight is the bottom on that list. He's not worth the money or the trouble, especially if we can go after someone more reliable than him.

Big men are valuable yes, but only if they know what to do with the rock once they get it. People think he had a good offensive game but its not true. The only thing that improved from when he was a rookie offensively, was his shot attempts per game, and thus, points. He has done nothing to improve in that area.

I trust the lakers will know exactly how to manage this situation once time begins to run out and players begin to find new homes.

I am ok with him leaving and a part of me thinks he should go....in the playoffs when every possession is valuable opponents can just foul him and get .50% chance he will miss atleast 1

1 thing i wont do is do a S&T unless its like Nash where you rob the other team...

i dont think griffin/bledsoe is a package i would do...griffin is worse than howard....play's zero defense...doesnt rbs.....
Lakers_Kobe_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #11
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKLaker
Really dumb isn't it

Anyone trusting Jimmy to do intelligent things has been asleep for the last 2 years. There is not a move they can make to give them a chance as long as 'Antoni is coaching the team.....it begins and ends with coaching.

Doesn't Jeanie have more of a say now?
Old 06-17-2013, 05:15 PM   #12
Mgamer20o0
Great young streetballer

Quote:

might be a star not sure on super star.

Quote:
Really dumb isn't it
yea some people just cant figure out the whole money thing. its wont thing to pay out when you are winning. if you are not with the new tax rules they are going to be out a lot.

Quote:
I am ok with him leaving and a part of me thinks he should go....in the playoffs when every possession is valuable opponents can just foul him and get .50% chance he will miss atleast 1

1 thing i wont do is do a S&T unless its like Nash where you rob the other team...

i dont think griffin/bledsoe is a package i would do...griffin is worse than howard....play's zero defense...doesnt rbs.....

maybe if they can flip griffin again for some picks another young guy on a rookie contact and a trade exception. i think getting under the cap is their man goal right now so they can do what they want in 2014.
Old 06-17-2013, 05:38 PM   #13
lakerfreak
The go-to-guy

I personally think that a Dwight for Griffin trade is a sideways move. Think about this and ask yourself, how does it make the team better?

A low IQ athletic big man for a low IQ athletic, shorter, big man.
Old 06-17-2013, 09:40 PM   #14
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I think the best move for the Lakers is to do everything to try to resign Dwight. If for some reason he wants to go to another team, then most of those situations I would just let him walk and take the cap space. If it's the Clippers I think you really have to consider the Bledsoe and Griffin deal. If the Clippers deal for KG I think that means they are potentially out of the Dwight sweepstakes. It could possibly still go down, but I would doubt it at that point so I'm watching those rumors pretty close.
dd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 11:09 PM   #15
bladefd
Good college starter

bladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbladefd is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I personally think that a Dwight for Griffin trade is a sideways move. Think about this and ask yourself, how does it make the team better?

A low IQ athletic big man for a low IQ athletic, shorter, big man.

In fact, I think it's a downhill trade. We lose more with Griffin on the team. Dwight does not have high bball IQ or any range on his jumper, but he is the best rebounder in basketball, top 3 post-defense presence in NBA, and has rare athleticism. Griffin only falls into the latter 3rd category of rare athleticism.

BTW - I still think Dwight will stay with Lakers. Everything that I have seen from him on twitter has seemed like he is staying. When people ask him what team he is going to play for next year, he usually responds with "LOL, r u serious?" or simply "lol". You guys do know that he is not allowed to say anything until July 1st of what team he will sign with, right?? Even if he wants to re-sign with Lakers, he cannot say it UNLESS if he is willing to sign an extension. He wants whole new 5yr contract not 3yr extension or w/e on old contract. If he wasn't going to stay, he wouldn't respond at all to those people - he would not respond w/ sarcasm

Last edited by bladefd : 06-17-2013 at 11:12 PM.
bladefd is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: