Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 06-15-2013, 12:14 PM   #1
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian

L.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation hereL.Kizzle has a near all-star reputation here
Default Falling backwards while shooting 3's.

Does anyone else do this? I do it every time.

I makes it look that much more impressive, especially if it goes in.
L.Kizzle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:51 PM   #2
Chizdog
50% FT shooter

Chizdog has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Falling backwards while shooting 3's.

Am I the only one who rushes to the paint to try to get the rebound after shooting? Even NBA players just stand still like a statue after shooting three.
Chizdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #3
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizdog
Am I the only one who rushes to the paint to try to get the rebound after shooting? Even NBA players just stand still like a statue after shooting three.
I do the same thing too all the time, but I do it because my jump shot sucks though and I don't trust it.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:02 AM   #4
Straight_Ballin
Local High School Star

Straight_Ballin has an OK reputation so far

Anyone shoot running 3's off the break? Basically jump right before you hit the line off 1 foot and glide in the air for a floater? If you miss you are right there for the putback. Make sure you got 10 steps on the defender though. Works great off the steal when they just give up. No loss in momentum and a chance for 3 points instead of 2.
Straight_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:01 AM   #5
W_Shadow
Can barely lace up my sneakers

W_Shadow has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
Anyone shoot running 3's off the break? Basically jump right before you hit the line off 1 foot and glide in the air for a floater? If you miss you are right there for the putback. Make sure you got 10 steps on the defender though. Works great off the steal when they just give up. No loss in momentum and a chance for 3 points instead of 2.

Smart players never give up on a play, because they know that in pickup basketball some players miss easy shots on a fast break.
W_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #6
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:

why do you risk a guaranteed 2 for a maybe 3 when a bounce after a miss might go not where you expect?
CeltsGarlic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:21 AM   #7
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

CeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableCeltsGarlic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

yeah, more often then not I fade when shooting. But Im learning to quit it.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #8
Straight_Ballin
Local High School Star

Straight_Ballin has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by CeltsGarlic
why do you risk a guaranteed 2 for a maybe 3 when a bounce after a miss might go not where you expect?

You have to put a good touch on the shot and if you do you are in good position for the rebound. I'm just wondering if this could ever be perfected to not clank it off the rim such that there's no chance for the rebound.
Straight_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 11:48 AM   #9
CeltsGarlic
Real quick

Quote:
You have to put a good touch on the shot and if you do you are in good position for the rebound. I'm just wondering if this could ever be perfected to not clank it off the rim such that there's no chance for the rebound.

I really doubt anyone could perfect it. Its impossible if you ask me. Good luck tho
Old 07-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #10
01amberfirewv
Serious playground baller

01amberfirewv has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

The only problem with this is 3's are often long rebounds. This is why I really don't like 3's in pickup games. I play with a lot of guys that think it's the only shot they can take and they fire away on or off.
01amberfirewv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:50 AM   #11
LongLiveTheKing
Go HEATLES!

LongLiveTheKing is considered somewhat coolLongLiveTheKing is considered somewhat cool

I just stand there like a boss waiting for it to go in lol
LongLiveTheKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 04:02 PM   #12
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I never fade or fall backwards on 3s. I usually only go up with a 3 if my balance feels pretty good. The only time I really ever fall back is if I'm shooting a turnaround or something from the post.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2013, 08:29 PM   #13
RidonKs
NBA Legend

RidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRidonKs is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i like leaning forward more than leaning back... probably cuz i dont have the upper body strength to get it there falling away without completely distorting my form. but especially coming off a curl, anywhere between 15-20 feet, turning to the left, i love transitioning that curl right into shooting form and leaning in.... ray allen does it a lot

side note: its amazing how much "follow your shot" was drilled into my head and i still dont to it anywhere near 100% of the time. its gotta be some sort of ego/confidence thing psychologically, its sorta part and parcel of following your shot that you assume its not going in, whereas holding your form or slowly backing up means you know its going in. i dunno how you'd find out whether one mentality or the other actually effects any given shot... probaqbly not, and its no reason not to follow your shot. just an explanation lol
RidonKs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 03:16 AM   #14
TonyMontana
Local High School Star

TonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputationTonyMontana has a bad reputation

Jump forward, lean shoulders back. It relieves tension and gets more arc on your shot.
TonyMontana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #15
Overdrive
Local High School Star

Overdrive has decent reputationOverdrive has decent reputation

Quote:

Half court set? Sure. On full court you're missing on defense if your team fails to get the (long) rebound.
Overdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: