Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Streetball Forum

Streetball Forum Streetball Message Board - street basketball and streetball forum

Old 08-24-2013, 11:58 AM   #1
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default How to train for endurance in basketball?

I heard that you shouldn't do a lot of long-distance running and more short-distance, HIIT sprints for basketball. How should I train for endurance?
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #2
Bandito
Banned

Bandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterBandito is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: How to train for endurance in basketball?

I use to do a lot of intervals in order to get my endurance up for a 1.5 mile run where I just stopped exercising for 2 months. It worked better than expected. I used to do them in the treadmill.
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:04 AM   #3
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Running suicides is good.

Start at one baseline, sprint to the first freethrow line, touch the ground, sprint back to the baseline, sprint to the halfcourt line, touch the ground, turnaround sprint back to the baseline, sprint to the next freethrow line, touch the ground, turnaround sprint back to the baseline, and then sprint all the way to the baseline. Repeat.

Fullcourt layup drills. Start at one baseline with ball, sprint the length of the court dribbling the ball with your right, lay it up with your right. Sprint back and do the same thing. Sprint the length of the court dribbling the ball with your left, lay it up with your left. Sprint back and do the same thing.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 06:08 PM   #4
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardwoodLegend
Running suicides is good.

Start at one baseline, sprint to the first freethrow line, touch the ground, sprint back to the baseline, sprint to the halfcourt line, touch the ground, turnaround sprint back to the baseline, sprint to the next freethrow line, touch the ground, turnaround sprint back to the baseline, and then sprint all the way to the baseline. Repeat.

Fullcourt layup drills. Start at one baseline with ball, sprint the length of the court dribbling the ball with your right, lay it up with your right. Sprint back and do the same thing. Sprint the length of the court dribbling the ball with your left, lay it up with your left. Sprint back and do the same thing.
there's no public basketball courts where I live they're all for matches and team trainings and you have to book them for a fee.
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 12:08 AM   #5
Pushxx
Anti-NBA Hipster

Pushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation herePushxx has an incredible reputation here

Pick-up basketball is my only cardio, and I have great endurance just from playing.

Best way to train for it is to do it.
Pushxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 11:49 AM   #6
HardwoodLegend
The Magical T-Mac

HardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected posterHardwoodLegend is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
there's no public basketball courts where I live they're all for matches and team trainings and you have to book them for a fee.

Any public running tracks? Do suicides by running them on a straightaway and designate the spots I mentioned on the court. They're really good for getting you winded quick.

Burpees are also a great endurance/strength exercise.

Put a bit more effort into the jump than that guy does those. Look straight ahead when jumping and reach as high as you can.

Also, like Pushxx said, the best option to get better at something is to do that thing. When you play a lot of games to get yourself winded, your offense will suffer so it's best to focus on your defense at that point. Playing a lot of D gets you in great shape.
HardwoodLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 06:56 PM   #7
Levity
Dale, you giblet head!

Levity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation hereLevity has an incredible reputation here

The best way to improve your basketball endurance is to actually play legit full court games with players who put in effort, including yourself. Run back on D after every shot, pick up your player at the half court line, etc etc.
Levity is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: