Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-20-2013, 04:28 AM   #31
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Is anybody else at a crossroads in life right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StocktonFan
People who say weed isn't bad is a dumbass.

Sure we havn't proved it does anything negative to our organs, but i believe it has a psychological effect. I've been around people who smoke once a day and i can tell you that they are not as driven. They tend to settle where they're at because weed allows them to.

Anyways, for me no. I'm starting grad school in a doctoral program in August so life's been good to me. The only stress i have right now is figuring out the living situation/getting shots paperwork/required health insurance papers etc.

1. You're a pompous d*ck.

2. Who cares about your doctorate program? Seriously, people find different successes in their lives, and if dude is serious about finding a job with benefits to take care of his son, then f*ck your doctorate program. Some people don't have time for that sh*t when they have other priorities. THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY NOW!!! And under that predicament, he would be an idiot to pursue it when he needs some mula to take care of his kid. Different strokes for different folks: not everyone has the luxury to lounge around on momma's retirement income to f*ck off in school for 10 years. And you know what is even worst than your so call doctorate program: the chances of success are pretty low, so good luck getting that degree when you face a road block writing that dissertation.

3. If you are as smart as you claim, you would know for a fact smoking pot does not lead to a lack of motivation based on the evidence. It's a correlation; it is not a causation. There are a lot of evidences to back this up. You can literally correlate ANYTHING to a lack of motivation (smoking, drinking, playing videogames, spending time with sports, etc.), so the argument in and of itself is a fallacy. For someone aiming for a doctorate, it is ludicrous you would fall for this crap.
IamRAMBO24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:32 AM   #32
StocktonFan
Banned

StocktonFan has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
1. You're a pompous d*ck.

2. Who cares about your doctorate program? Seriously, people find different successes in their lives, and if dude is serious about finding a job with benefits to take care of his son, then f*ck your doctorate program. Some people don't have time for that sh*t when they have other priorities. THEY NEED TO MAKE MONEY NOW!!! And under that predicament, he would be an idiot to pursue it when he needs some mula to take care of his kid. Different strokes for different folks: not everyone has the luxury to lounge around on momma's retirement income to f*ck off in school for 10 years. And you know what is even worst than your so call doctorate program: the chances of success are pretty low, so good luck getting that degree when you face a road block writing that dissertation.

3. If you are as smart as you claim, you would know for a fact smoking pot does not lead to a lack of motivation based on the evidence. It's a correlation; it is not a causation. There are a lot of evidences to back this up. You can literally correlate ANYTHING to a lack of motivation (smoking, drinking, playing videogames, spending time with sports, etc.), so the argument in and of itself is a fallacy. For someone aiming for a doctorate, it is ludicrous you would fall for this crap.

LOL look folks, an offended pothead

blame the 1% like most of you losers do.

keep smoking too, you'll get quite far in life, trust me. i see lots of success coming from a guy filled with such hate. hate over an opinion i started with "i believe....".

and i love the assumptions you make Mr. Scientist, none of the money i've used came from my parents but rather student loans and grants. I'm going to be in 90k dept with 6.8% apr on day 1 from unsubsidized stafford loans, but i'm sure that means nothing to you. i'm only explaining you this because apparently everyone who goes on to higher education is spoiled lol

and why do you think i'm a pompous d*ck? because i gave my OPINION on weed and addressed the OP's question? too funny,

Last edited by StocktonFan : 06-20-2013 at 04:38 AM.
StocktonFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 04:38 AM   #33
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

IamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIamRAMBO24 has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
LOL look folks, an offended pothead

blame the 1% like most of you losers do.

keep smoking too, you'll get quite far in life, trust me. i see lots of success coming from a guy filled with such hate. hate over an opinion i started with "i believe....".

I'm not even a pot head, but at least I'm not dumb enough to believe in a fallacious correlation. Sorry homeboy, I have to call you out, especially when you are claiming you are doctorate material. Seriously? That is incredibly sad future doctors would fall for a simple irrational sense of reasoning.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:43 AM   #34
StocktonFan
Banned

Quote:
I'm not even a pot head, but at least I'm not dumb enough to believe in a fallacious correlation. Sorry homeboy, I have to call you out, especially when you are claiming you are doctorate material. Seriously? That is incredibly sad future doctors would fall for a simple irrational sense of reasoning.

Hmm i guess we can't believe in anything folks, here we have it.

BTW: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17034438
Old 06-20-2013, 04:51 AM   #35
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

Quote:
Hmm i guess we can't believe in anything folks, here we have it.

BTW: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17034438

That study is from the government.

You do know the governement claims marijuana is bad for your health, but has a patent for medical use right? That's hyprocrisy, so I'm going to take all their so call scientific studies with a grain of salt. It's a fact using a lack of motivation is flawed premise. You can literally correlate anything and say it leads to a lack of motivation. Why? The term "lack of motivation" is open ended (think the term terrorism), so you can configure the meaning in whatever way you want to fit your premise.

Another blemish in your intelligence Mr. Doctorate.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:56 AM   #36
StocktonFan
Banned

Quote:
That study is from the government.

You do know the governement claims marijuana is bad for your health, but has a patent for medical use right? That's hyprocrisy, so I'm going to take all their so call scientific studies with a grain of salt. It's a fact using a lack of motivation is flawed premise. You can literally correlate anything and say it leads to a lack of motivation. Why? The term "lack of motivation" is open ended (think the term terrorism), so you can configure the meaning in whatever way you want to fit your premise.

Another blemish in your intelligence Mr. Doctorate.

So now all college/graduate research is discredited because it's published by the "government"

Also, psychological tests do not isolate variables outside of 1. random sample 2. treatment/no treatment and a few other factors... it is impossible to only have one variable when measuring such causes. They're qualitative studies, not quantitative...

And again, i'm not even saying what i posted is the truth, it's just something i believe in. I smoked for a while, and it help put shit behind me. I felt that it allowed me to mellow down and i made that statement/post earlier from personal experience. Since you went on to pretty much flame me on my personal beliefs to a ridiculous point, i searched and found plenty of research that supports that stance. But to no surprise you discredit it.... no arguing science against a guy who wont accept primary published material.

peace

Last edited by StocktonFan : 06-20-2013 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-20-2013, 05:01 AM   #37
IamRAMBO24
College superstar

Quote:

So now all college/graduate research is discredited because it's published by the "government"

Also, psychological tests do not isolate variables outside of 1. random sample 2. treatment/no treatment and a few other factors... it is impossible to only have one variable when measuring such causes. They're qualitative studies, not quantitative...

And again, i'm not even saying what i posted is the truth, it's just something i believe in. I smoked for a while, and it help put shit behind me. I felt that it allowed me to mellow down and i made that statement/post earlier from personal experience. Since you went on to pretty much flame me on my personal beliefs to a ridiculous point, i searched and found plenty of research that supports that stance. But to no surprise you discredit it.... no arguing science against a guy who wont accept primary published material.

peace

The government has no credibility when it comes to pot.

1. They have a patent for medical marijuana use.

2. They are claiming it is bad for your health.

Contradiction = no credibility.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #38
The Macho Man
Randy Savage

The Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableThe Macho Man is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
being 25 and not having goals is...

ay, fvk u
The Macho Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 01:03 PM   #39
oh the horror
7-time NBA All-Star

oh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posteroh the horror is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I know I am. And at 32 it isn't exactly where I saw myself 10 years ago. I'm teetering on leaving California and heading back to NY. But to uproot and dive into another place is somewhat scary. Although I'm fortunate in that I don't have any kids and I do have friends and family in NY so it isn't as hard as it would be without anyone.
oh the horror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 05:27 PM   #40
MadeFromDust
i take yo azz 2da hole

MadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this boardMadeFromDust has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Nope
MadeFromDust is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: