Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-28-2006, 12:35 AM   #16
JoeHova
I brick open layups

JoeHova has decent reputation

2000 was easily the worst draft ever. Michael Redd is, by far, the best player to come out of that draft and he's hardly an all-time great. Kenyon Martin is the 2nd best player and he's nothing too special. The 3rd best player is probably Jamal Crawford and after that it's nothing but flawed role players like Mason, Turkoglu, Miles, Magloire, Przybilla and Q-Richardson.

There were maybe 10-15 guys in that draft that you'd even want in your team's 10 man rotation. The draft will probably end up with 4-5 all star appearances as a group (Redd and Martin each have one and so does Magloire. Redd'll maybe go another time or two, but that will likely be it.). 2003 has at least 4 guys that will each get more than that and 2 of them figure to each at least double that total.
JoeHova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:38 AM   #17
traditionone
High school junior varsity star

traditionone has an OK reputation so far

2000 was pretty bad. There were a few gems there, but a lot of disappointment. Players who should've been better, but never improved or had any passion for the game.

Mateen Cleaves really disappointed me. I wasn't expecting him to be a star, but I expected him to a solid backup/spot starter for a team.
traditionone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:41 AM   #18
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputation
Default .

Quote:
Michael Redd is, by far, the best player to come out of that draft and he's hardly an all-time great.

Funny thing about this is that he was selected in the 2ND round.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #19
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

I don't think this draft is bad at all.

But I know what people mean when they say it's bad.

There are no home run picks. Not really any automatic table turners. There wasn't supposed to be last year either, but we were fortunate enough to get Chris Paul. Bogut still has time to step up as well.

I think the past two drafts are very similar.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:44 AM   #20
jamal
crawford, mashburn

jamal has an OK reputation so far

oh pity the bulls. they had FIVE of the first 35 picks in that draft, and they got jamal crawford and four busts. that foreign dude, the fat PG from uconn, the aj guyton from indi, and another scrub
jamal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:03 AM   #21
dwillreg
Decent playground baller

dwillreg has an OK reputation so far

You will find 3 superstars in this draft. Rudy Gay, Andrea Bargnani, and Randy Foye. This is an underrated draft class and will feature less busts because most players in this draft are actually ready for the NBA.
dwillreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:03 AM   #22
brwnman

brwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputationbrwnman has a terrific reputation

Greg Anthony said Randy Foye should be considered at #1...
brwnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:05 AM   #23
Young HkM
Up in the Rafters

Young HkM is considered somewhat coolYoung HkM is considered somewhat cool

Wow. I had no idea how awful that draft was. Does anybody remember how they felt about the draft before they looked back and realized how bad it would be? I was 10 or 11 so I wasn't watching drafts then.
Young HkM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 01:53 AM   #24
WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith

Default sadfsdf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young HkM
Wow. I had no idea how awful that draft was. Does anybody remember how they felt about the draft before they looked back and realized how bad it would be? I was 10 or 11 so I wasn't watching drafts then.

BWAHAHHA u guys never cease to amuse me. YOu clowns don't realize guys in the 2nd round can turn out to be legitimate NBA starters a la Leon Powe, Allan Ray, Erick Hicks etc. Your ignorance of college is halarious.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:14 AM   #25
Kiss Murder
Decent playground baller

Kiss Murder has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
BWAHAHHA u guys never cease to amuse me. YOu clowns don't realize guys in the 2nd round can turn out to be legitimate NBA starters a la Leon Powe, Allan Ray, Erick Hicks etc. Your ignorance of college is halarious.

Yeah they can, but most don't.
Kiss Murder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 02:45 AM   #26
El Kabong
Where Eagles Dare

El Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterEl Kabong is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I don't think it'll be the worst draft ever, but you won't see many superstar players come out of it.
El Kabong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 03:55 AM   #27
TheReturnofCed
The Real Ced

TheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong wayTheReturnofCed is starting to rub some people the wrong way

These sort of predictions are stupid.

Never underrate a young basketball player, that is a lesson for the NBA fan.

Adam Morrison will be a borderline allstar i nthe mold of Melo at least.

Randy Foye will be good

Brandon Roy will be good

Rudy Gay will really surpise people

Shelden Williams will really suprise people

Andrea Bargani will be average

Lamarcus Aldridge and Tyrus Thomas are both huge question marks. I have this feeling that Aldridge will be complacent and Thomas will work his butt of to be good.
TheReturnofCed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 04:10 AM   #28
Semiprocappa
I hit open layups

Semiprocappa has an OK reputation so far

Yeah. It's got nothing on 2000. When all you can see are role players 6 years down the track you know it's bad. Possibly the worst lottery ever. Wasn't Marc Jackson considered as a potential rookie of the year out of that draft?
Semiprocappa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:34 AM   #29
bagelred
Welcome Home, LBJ

bagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablebagelred is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default 2000

In retrospect, the 2000 is just absolutely awful. Real lack of future HOFs in that draft.

This draft LOOKS bad, but really you have to give it four-five years to see how players develop. Who knows? Maybe these players turn out to be HOFs. It's hard to tell....
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 08:42 AM   #30
sixty
Good High School Starter

sixty has an OK reputation so far

But NBA Draft of 2007 will be something special. They say the best draft in a decade.
sixty is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: