Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 06-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #16
MastaKilla
I hit open 5-footers

MastaKilla has not been impressing people
Default Re: Finally got my first credit card!

U shuld go buy sum dvds, a big ass tv wit that base & get big speakers.
MastaKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:07 PM   #17
johndeeregreen
Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer?

johndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjohndeeregreen is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

The best feature of a credit card is that you can use it when life is unpredictable and you just don't have cash on hand for something that you NEED done.
johndeeregreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:09 PM   #18
CelticBaller
lite kobe

CelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterCelticBaller is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I have a debit card, planning to get a credit card soon, lets go debt
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:51 AM   #19
ElPigto
*****istrator

ElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterElPigto is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
The best feature of a credit card is that you can use it when life is unpredictable and you just don't have cash on hand for something that you NEED done.

If you follow this advice, you've failed in your finances.

A credit card should not be used for emergencies at all unless you plan to pay it in full at the end of the month. Any time you pay interest to the CC company, you've pretty much thrown money out the window.

My advice, make sure you have emergency cash stashed away, for the very least 1k, if not 6 months worth of expenses. If you are financially stable and disciplined, use your credit card to pay everything and pay it off at the end of the month. Once you build enough credit to get another CC, get a rewards card and reap the benefits of paying everything with a CC and paying it all off at the end of the month. The day you pay interest is the day you lost the game, at least that's my philosophy.

Another tip, a lot of credit cards have extended warranties, insurances, etc attached to them when you pay with them. For example, my credit cards cover additional insurance for a car I rent, therefore I don't have to buy extra insurance from the rental company, unless I want to give them free money.

Anyways, good luck bro, hope you don't screw up like most people do.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 01:15 AM   #20
enayes
Decent college freshman

enayes is considered somewhat coolenayes is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
But now that he has one it's his chance to build up his credit.

Credit cards are good. Use it wisely. If you are getting some kind of points or cashback then use it for everything and pay it off right away. I almost never use cash or debit anymore.

This is exactly what I plan to do. I am in the process of setting up my account so my balance is automatically paid in full each month. My card is a rewards card, 1% back on everything, 2% for groceries and 3% for gas. My goal is to build my credit for the future. I am already 31K in debt from school, which I believe is why I have been denied in the past. But aren't most people in debt after college?

I received a "pre-approved" notice in the mail from Bank of America but I had been denied from them before. I included a hand written note with my application saying how I am a recent college graduate and am just looking to start building some credit. I wonder if it had anything to do with me being approved
enayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 11:29 AM   #21
lpublic_enemyl
Local High School Star

lpublic_enemyl is considered somewhat coollpublic_enemyl is considered somewhat cool

DON'T F Up your CREDIT
lpublic_enemyl is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: