Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #61
Wavves
Blaze it up fgt

Wavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this boardWavves is popular on this board
Default Re: Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - June 27, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by andremiller07
http://fansided.com/2013/06/25/nba-t...as-trade-bait/

Good job for the Kings front office, Jimmer is trash and a first round pick for him is beyond a steal.

For some reason I feel as if Jimmer could be good coming off the bench for another team, Sac just wasn't a good situation for him.
Getting a late first round pick for him is absolutely great though. Someone like Snell would be great.
Wavves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:02 AM   #62
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavves
For some reason I feel as if Jimmer could be good coming off the bench for another team, Sac just wasn't a good situation for him.
Getting a late first round pick for him is absolutely great though. Someone like Snell would be great.
Yeah I agree, I think Jimmer could be something like JJ Redick who struggled his first couple season's and than become a ok player. But the problem we have is the Kings got a way better "Jimmer" in Marcus Thornton who pretty much does everything better. Snell would be epic though with another pick.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:28 AM   #63
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Can an Insider post this?

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...prospects-warp
Shade8780 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:11 AM   #64
frmsea2okc
Bball Emeritus

frmsea2okc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Cavs and thunder in talks for top pick? Interesting..

hmm i think unless OKC gives up ibaka then what could make this deal worth doing?

Maybe... #12, Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb & Dallas' #1 next year?
Cleveland already has so many picks though
frmsea2okc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:14 AM   #65
andremiller07
#QuincyAcy Fan

andremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation hereandremiller07 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by frmsea2okc
hmm i think unless OKC gives up ibaka then what could make this deal worth doing?

Maybe... #12, Reggie Jackson, Jeremy Lamb & Dallas' #1 next year?
Cleveland already has so many picks though
Cavs got Thompson who is similar level player to Ibaka and I'm pretty sure is younger, but in general any move OKC want's to make has to include Ibaka.
andremiller07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 10:19 AM   #66
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Ibaka was absolute garbage in the Playoffs. I wouldn't want him on my team.
Old 06-25-2013, 10:55 AM   #67
chips93
NBA sixth man of the year

chips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation herechips93 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
Cavs and thunder in talks for top pick? Interesting..

link? what are the cavs looking to get in return?
chips93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:05 AM   #68
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

It would have to be Ibaka + Lamb or Reggie Jackson.....nothing else makes sense.

The Cavs wouldn't want the 12th and Lamb, that's not anywhere near enough to move up.

The Thunder wouldn't want to give up Ibaka AND the 12th pick, that's over-paying.

Ibaka + Lamb or Jackson makes the most sense.
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:55 AM   #69
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

All-Stars
Nerlens Noel
Ben McLemore
Trey Burke
Anthony Bennett
Otto Porter

Solid Starters
C.J. McCollum
Sergey Karasev
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Gorgui Dieng
Shabazz Muhammad
Kelly Olynyk
Cody Zeller
Archie Goodwin

Solid Reserves
Shane Larkin
Steven Adams
Pierre Jackson
Erick Green
Tony Snell
Victor Oladipo
Mike Muscala
Jacke Carmichael
Trevor Mbakwe
Peyton Siva
Jeff Withey
Andre Roberson

Stay Away
Alex Len (injuries)
Lucas Nogueira (maturity)
Tony Mitchell (maturity)
Ricky Ledo (maturity)
Isaiah Canaan (no position)
Jamaal Franklin
Giannis Adetokunbo
Michael Carter-Williams

EDIT: Added Andre Roberson.

Last edited by fatboy11 : 06-25-2013 at 12:21 PM.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 11:57 AM   #70
Shade8780
GOATin

Trey Burke won't be an All-Star with all the PGs in the game today and Oladipo's a beast, he's not gonna be a solid reserve.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:16 PM   #71
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Trey Burke won't be an All-Star with all the PGs in the game today and Oladipo's a beast, he's not gonna be a solid reserve.

May be.

Really just posted that for documentation purposes so I can come back in 5 years and see what I thought.

I think Burke's floor is Jameer Nelson. Even if he doesn't make an All-Star team, I think he'll be an All-Star caliber player. Mike Conley Jr hasn't made an All-Star team, but I think most would consider him an All-Star caliber guard.

Oladipo should have a long NBA career thanks to his motor and aggressiveness, but he scares me because he came out of nowhere this season. Reminds me too much of someone like Wes Johnson. He's also small for a 2 guard (6'4 in shoes) with no PG skills. He's not a guy you want handling the ball. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he had a stellar NBA career because he works hard and he's athletic, but I'm just too weary of the one-hit-wonder..
Old 06-25-2013, 12:23 PM   #72
Shade8780
GOATin

I heard about Oladipo at the start of the season and he was more of a second round pick then. I saw him play and thought he'd be the next Tony Allen but he's really improved his offensive game this year and I think he'll be better. His ceiling imo is a more all-around Iggy.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #73
Shade8780
GOATin

All-Stars
Nerlens Noel
Otto Porter
Ben McLemore

Solid Starters
Trey Burke (All Star caliber)
Victor Oladipo
Dennis Schroeder
Jamaal Franklin
Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
Anthony Bennett
Alex Len

Solid Reserves
Shabazz Muhammad
Ricky Ledo
CJ McCollum
Gorgui Dieng
Michael Carter-Williams
Reggie Bullock (UNC! )

Stay Away
Shane Larkin
Mason Plumlee
Lucas Noguiera
Giannis Atetokounmpo
Kelly Olynyk

Last edited by Shade8780 : 06-25-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:30 PM   #74
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
I heard about Oladipo at the start of the season and he was more of a second round pick then. I saw him play and thought he'd be the next Tony Allen but he's really improved his offensive game this year and I think he'll be better. His ceiling imo is a more all-around Iggy.

I think he's floor is Tony Allen, and that's where I'm thinking he'll end up (closer to floor than ceiling). I still consider, in the grand scheme of things, for Tony Allen to be a solid reserve. He's started less than half the games in his career and he wouldn't start on a lot of teams. Valuable guy, though.
Old 06-25-2013, 12:33 PM   #75
Shade8780
GOATin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
May be.

Really just posted that for documentation purposes so I can come back in 5 years and see what I thought.

I think Burke's floor is Jameer Nelson. Even if he doesn't make an All-Star team, I think he'll be an All-Star caliber player. Mike Conley Jr hasn't made an All-Star team, but I think most would consider him an All-Star caliber guard.

Oladipo should have a long NBA career thanks to his motor and aggressiveness, but he scares me because he came out of nowhere this season. Reminds me too much of someone like Wes Johnson. He's also small for a 2 guard (6'4 in shoes) with no PG skills. He's not a guy you want handling the ball. It certainly wouldn't surprise me if he had a stellar NBA career because he works hard and he's athletic, but I'm just too weary of the one-hit-wonder..
Yeah of course, I'm a big fan of Burke and I think he can be an All-Star caliber player but it'll be tough with the amount of PGs in the league today.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: