Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2013, 12:40 PM   #76
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - June 27, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
Yeah of course, I'm a big fan of Burke and I think he can be an All-Star caliber player but it'll be tough with the amount of PGs in the league today.

It'll be tough for the next 5-6 seasons. Guys like Deron Williams and Tony Parker and maybe Chris Paul will be getting older and declining around then, though.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #77
Lebron23
GOAT Small Forward

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The Pistons needs to draft Shabazz Muhammad. He's a huge upgrade to Rodney Stuckey.
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 03:59 PM   #78
Carbine
Facts Are Misleading

Carbine has decent reputationCarbine has decent reputation

Cavs insider per Chad Ford:

"We don't view any player in this draft as capable of starting for us this year."
Carbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:12 PM   #79
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

There is no trade I can think of that makes any sense with OKC for the #1 pick, unless they're giving up one of their Big 2, which they obviously wouldn't. Bunk rumor, me thinks. Ibaka + Lamb is not worth the #1 pick.

This f#cking draft can't come soon enough. Grant is out of control with his deception. Remember last year? ESPN was talking as though it was a done deal that the Cavs had switched spots with the Bobcats in an all-out push for Brad Beal. For hours, ESPN acted as though it was just a matter of time.

Turned out, not only was the rumor completely untrue, Beal wasn't even on the Cavs' short list. It was always going to be MKG or Waiters.

Basically, this is going to remain a major source of unnecessary stress in my life until Thursday night. F#ck. Just take Noel.... for the love of god.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:14 PM   #80
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbine
Cavs insider per Chad Ford:

"We don't view any player in this draft as capable of starting for us this year."
Hmmm. Interesting comment. It makes sense if they're looking at center. None of these guys are going to be as good as Varejao out of the gates. He was playing at an All-Star level until his injury last year. I don't see any of the SGs starting over Waiters or the PFs starting over Thompson.

I do think Otto Porter Jr. could start over Gee immediately.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:15 PM   #81
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

RBA, who'd you compare Noel to?
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 04:23 PM   #82
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shade8780
RBA, who'd you compare Noel to?
Interesting question.

I'm not sure I've seen a player quite like him. A lot of people say Marcus Camby, but Noel is more athletic than Camby ever was. While he was a great shot-blocker in his day, Camby never had the vertical or the burst or the flat-out speed of Noel. His defense was mainly about incredible timing (which Noel also has).

He's built more like Larry Sanders, but again... Far more of a natural athlete.

A guy as long as Noel should not be able to move and jump as well as he does. He really is a freaky athlete. I would have been very interested to see his measurables at the combine, had he been healthy. I'd bet they would have been through the roof.

I'd say if you combine Larry Sanders with an elite athlete, that's Nerlens Noel. And, that makes for one hell of a player, imo.
Old 06-25-2013, 04:55 PM   #83
iDunk
JC.IS.CA.AS.SD.TH.JS

iDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputationiDunk has a terrific reputation

Is there going to be any way to watch this in good quality?
iDunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:13 PM   #84
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Chad Ford:

Quote:
Cavaliers weighing the No. 1 decision
June, 24, 2013

Despite numerous reports to the contrary, multiple sources say the Cleveland Cavaliers have yet to make a decision concerning who they’ll take with the No. 1 pick.

The Cavs continue to mull their options at No. 1.

They are engaged in trade talks with a number of teams. Sources say the Thunder, Timberwolves and Blazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the No. 1 pick -- but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick.

The Cavs have narrowed down their list of prospects, according to sources, and it looks like it may ultimately come down to a battle between Kentucky's Noel and Maryland’s Alex Len. I’m still persuaded, though not convinced, that it will be Noel.

Here’s my thinking:

-Noel told Louisville's Courier-Journal on Sunday that the Cavs' lead doctor, Dr. Richard Parker, had medically cleared him. I’ve had that confirmed by several sources. The Cavs have no serious issues with his knee.
-The Cavs are stressing that they’re taking the best talent available, regardless of team needs or development curve.
-The Cavs believe that given the strength of their roster, it’s unlikely that they’ll draft a starter. They believe their core of Kyrie Irving, Dion Waiters, Tristan Thompson and Anderson Varejao is better than anyone they could draft at No. 1. They also believe that while they have a huge hole at small forward, they’ll use their cap space to find a veteran small forward to fill that hole. Regardless of who they draft, he is likely coming off the bench.
-That means the Cavs are less likely to focus on which prospect will have the greatest impact now. They are free to take the player they think will be better down the road.
-If history is any guide, the Cavs have a proven track record of taking young, less experienced prospects that show big upside.
-They also have selected players that have, historically, graded out strongly in the various analytic measures they employ. Irving, Thompson and Waiters all ranked very highly by virtually every analytical tool.
-All of that suggests to me that Noel, not Len, is likely to be the No. 1 pick. Noel has the most upside of any player in the draft. He tests at the top or near the top of every analytical tool I’ve seen (here’s Kevin Pelton’s WARP where Noel comes out on top). In fact, if I had to put a second player down, I think it would be UNLV’s Anthony Bennett who fits the criteria best.
-While I know Len is in the picture and is a tempting option, he has a couple of things going against him. One, he has his own medical concerns and may be on a return timetable similar to Noel’s. Two, he rates poorly on most of the analytical tools I’ve read (he came in as the 26th prospect on Kevin Pelton’s WARP). While he might be the “safer” pick, I would be surprised if the Cavs made it just out of fear.

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...-no-1-decision

Last edited by RedBlackAttack : 06-25-2013 at 08:16 PM.
Old 06-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #85
Maniak
Maniak

Maniak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableManiak is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagelred
It's on ESPN.
So no, there's no good quality.
Maniak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:31 PM   #86
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Here's what will happen in the draft:
1. Cavs - Noel
2. Magic- Oladipo
3. Wiz - Bennett
4. Bobcats - Porter
5. Suns - McLemore
6. Pelicans - Len
7. Kings - trade happens here
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:46 PM   #87
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedinpurpleTwo
Here's what will happen in the draft:
1. Cavs - Noel
2. Magic- Oladipo
3. Wiz - Bennett
4. Bobcats - Porter
5. Suns - McLemore
6. Pelicans - Len
7. Kings - trade happens here
I have it...

1. Cavs - Noel
2. Magic - Oladipo
3. Wiz - Porter
4. Bobcats - Len
5. Suns - McLemore
6. Pelicans - Bennett
Old 06-25-2013, 08:56 PM   #88
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

KDthunderup has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
There is no trade I can think of that makes any sense with OKC for the #1 pick, unless they're giving up one of their Big 2, which they obviously wouldn't. Bunk rumor, me thinks. Ibaka + Lamb is not worth the #1 pick.

This f#cking draft can't come soon enough. Grant is out of control with his deception. Remember last year? ESPN was talking as though it was a done deal that the Cavs had switched spots with the Bobcats in an all-out push for Brad Beal. For hours, ESPN acted as though it was just a matter of time.

Turned out, not only was the rumor completely untrue, Beal wasn't even on the Cavs' short list. It was always going to be MKG or Waiters.

Basically, this is going to remain a major source of unnecessary stress in my life until Thursday night. F#ck. Just take Noel.... for the love of god.
In this draft they are. Lamb would be a top 5 pick in this draft
KDthunderup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 08:58 PM   #89
CanYouDigIt
Banned

CanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this boardCanYouDigIt has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
I have it...

1. Cavs - Noel
2. Magic - Oladipo
3. Wiz - Porter
4. Bobcats - Len
5. Suns - McLemore
6. Pelicans - Bennett

1. Cavs - Noel
2. Magic - Oladipo
3. Wiz - Porter
4. Bobcats - Bennett
5. Suns - McLemore
6. Pelicans - Burke
CanYouDigIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2013, 09:06 PM   #90
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDthunderup
In this draft they are. Lamb would be a top 5 pick in this draft
In this draft they're not. Which is why it won't happen.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: