Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Draft Forum

NBA Draft Forum NBA Draft message board - nba draft forum

Old 06-25-2013, 09:12 PM   #91
KDthunderup
Decent college freshman

KDthunderup has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Official 2013 NBA Draft Thread - June 27, 2013, 7:00 PM EDT

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
In this draft they're not. Which is why it won't happen.
It only wouldnt happen since Cavs have TT, If they had a need a PF they would take the deal in a heartbeat. You wouldnt turn down a proven young talent plus a prospect that would go in the top 5 in this weak draft.
KDthunderup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:16 AM   #92
RedBlackAttack
The Paterfamilias

RedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRedBlackAttack is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDthunderup
It only wouldnt happen since Cavs have TT, If they had a need a PF they would take the deal in a heartbeat. You wouldnt turn down a proven young talent plus a prospect that would go in the top 5 in this weak draft.
I don't agree that this is a weak draft. I heard the same exact sh!t back in 2011 and I can already name 10 players who have had a major impact in this league out of that draft and it is only two years out.

No one has any clue what this draft will turn out to be, just like they didn't in 2011 (Irving is not a top pick in any other draft, they said). Basically, one guy (Chad Ford) claims a draft is weak and the ball starts rolling. Before you know it, this is the worst draft of all-time.

Just know... Many people don't agree. Many people with good track records in gauging drafts. Analytics say Noel is one of the best prospects to come out in the last several years. I'll trust them over some arbitrary "feeling" about a draft.
RedBlackAttack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 02:59 AM   #93
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Not sure what FA small forward the Cav's think they are getting in FA, but he won't be better than Porter. Barring Iggy which I don't think will happen.
That being said at number 1 they should take Noel.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 03:00 AM   #94
G-train
3-time NBA All-Star

G-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation hereG-train has an incredible reputation here

Ibaka would be tempting for the Cavs, but Noel upside is too high.
I think OKC would prefer Ibaka for next 2 seasons of championship window anyway.
G-train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:35 AM   #95
Andrew Wiggins
Local High School Star

Andrew Wiggins is considered somewhat coolAndrew Wiggins is considered somewhat coolAndrew Wiggins is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-train
Ibaka would be tempting for the Cavs, but Noel upside is too high.
I think OKC would prefer Ibaka for next 2 seasons of championship window anyway.

you're clueless

it's ok, i'll chalk that up to you being australian
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 11:53 AM   #96
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
I don't agree that this is a weak draft. I heard the same exact sh!t back in 2011 and I can already name 10 players who have had a major impact in this league out of that draft and it is only two years out.

No one has any clue what this draft will turn out to be, just like they didn't in 2011 (Irving is not a top pick in any other draft, they said). Basically, one guy (Chad Ford) claims a draft is weak and the ball starts rolling. Before you know it, this is the worst draft of all-time.

Just know... Many people don't agree. Many people with good track records in gauging drafts. Analytics say Noel is one of the best prospects to come out in the last several years. I'll trust them over some arbitrary "feeling" about a draft.

1. Many analysts are saying this is a historically weak draft. You disagree and that is fine. It is just not logically consistent with you reliance on those same experts opinions on Noel. why do you trust those guys on Noel but only your gut on the draft as a whole. Just doesn't hold up logically. Seems like you are trusting your own arbitrary feelings about the overall strength of this draft a little too much,
IGOTGAME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:13 PM   #97
fatboy11
NBA sixth man of the year

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

There could be like 10 All-Stars from this draft. Noel, Len, Bennett, Burke, McLemore, Oladipo, Porter, Zeller, McCollum, Olynyk, KCP, Muhammad, and Schroeder all have the potential. Will there be 10 All-Stars from this class? Probably not. But I've been through enough drafts to know that you don't know if a draft is weak or not until 3-5 years later. I'd be surprised if there weren't at least 3 All-Stars out of this draft.
fatboy11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:21 PM   #98
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

IGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputationIGOTGAME has a terrific reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
There could be like 10 All-Stars from this draft. Noel, Len, Bennett, Burke, McLemore, Oladipo, Porter, Zeller, McCollum, Olynyk, KCP, Muhammad, and Schroeder all have the potential. Will there be 10 All-Stars from this class? Probably not. But I've been through enough drafts to know that you don't know if a draft is weak or not until 3-5 years later. I'd be surprised if there weren't at least 3 All-Stars out of this draft.

I will bet much yearly salary Zeller, Porter, McCollum, McLemore, Olynk never become all stars. There is also a decent chance that none of these guys become every year type all stars. I think that scenario is more likely than two guys making more than 1 all starteam.

I'd be surprised if 2 players were ever on an all star team. There are just more talented players in the league at the guard spots then these guys.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-26-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 12:28 PM   #99
bleedinpurpleTwo
Another Laker Dynasty?

bleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbleedinpurpleTwo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I have it...

1. Cavs - Noel
2. Magic - Oladipo
3. Wiz - Porter
4. Bobcats - Len
5. Suns - McLemore
6. Pelicans - Bennett

If Wiz take Porter at 3 (as most expect) then you are likely correct on the rest of it. Your prediction would not surprise.
But here is the tough one..... pick 7?

ps. Likely curveball would be the Suns, as they are not high on McLemore, but he is the position they need.
bleedinpurpleTwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #100
D-Rose
Mavericks/Bulls

D-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableD-Rose is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I completely agree with RBA on the "weak draft" phenomenon. Seems like someone says it every time there isn't a LBJ/KD prospect in the draft and then everyone catches on to it.
D-Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 12:34 PM   #101
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rose
I completely agree with RBA on the "weak draft" phenomenon. Seems like someone says it every time there isn't a LBJ/KD prospect in the draft and then everyone catches on to it.

So 2011 was a strong draft?

There were a couple of hits but it really wasn't a strong draft. It was what many thought, a draft were you get guys to play important roles on your team.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-26-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:21 PM   #102
fatboy11

fatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected posterfatboy11 is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
I will bet much yearly salary Zeller, Porter, McCollum, McLemore, Olynk never become all stars. There is also a decent chance that none of these guys become every year type all stars. I think that scenario is more likely than two guys making more than 1 all starteam.

I'd be surprised if 2 players were ever on an all star team. There are just more talented players in the league at the guard spots then these guys.

Things happen every year. Guys fall off. Guys emerge. All I'm saying is that there are players in this draft, like there are in every single draft, that have All-Star potential. It's absolutely pointless to sit here, before the draft, and declare it a weak class and make sweeping declarations. You're more than welcome to it. It's typical of ISH. I used to do it. Now, I'll just sit back and see how the guys I think have the potential pan out. I didn't think Kyrie Irving's draft was particularly strong and look at Irving, both Thompsons, Leonard, Vucevic, Faried, Butler, Parsons, Reggie Jackson, Tobias Harris, and a few others. There's some guys in there that will be All-Stars or All-Star caliber players. This draft could be like that draft or it could be like the 2000 draft and really be a weak draft. It just doesn't make sense to sit here and assume the worse.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #103
fatboy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
So 2011 was a strong draft?

There were a couple of hits but it really wasn't a strong draft. It was what many thought, a draft were you get guys to play important roles on your team.

Couple of hits?

Kyrie Irving is an All-Star caliber guard right now. Tristian Thompson averaged a double double this year. Klay Thompson is an elite shooter and already one of the top shooters in the league. Kawhi Leonard is a great two-way player that was a big part of the Spurs almost winning a title. Kemba Walker is a very good guard. Nik Vucecic averaged a double double. Tobias Harris started producing nicely once he was put in a better situation. Kenneth Faried nearly averaged a double double. Jimmy Butler is becoming an elite defender and coming into his own on offense. Reggie Jackson emerged as a valuable piece for OKC. Iman Shumpert was playing great for the Knicks before he blew his knee out. Chandler Parsons had a great year.

There were about 10 hits in that draft. 10 guys really making an impact on their team.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #104
IGOTGAME
NBA All-star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatboy11
Couple of hits?

Kyrie Irving is an All-Star caliber guard right now. Tristian Thompson averaged a double double this year. Klay Thompson is an elite shooter and already one of the top shooters in the league. Kawhi Leonard is a great two-way player that was a big part of the Spurs almost winning a title. Kemba Walker is a very good guard. Nik Vucecic averaged a double double. Tobias Harris started producing nicely once he was put in a better situation. Kenneth Faried nearly averaged a double double. Jimmy Butler is becoming an elite defender and coming into his own on offense. Reggie Jackson emerged as a valuable piece for OKC. Iman Shumpert was playing great for the Knicks before he blew his knee out. Chandler Parsons had a great year.

There were about 10 hits in that draft. 10 guys really making an impact on their team.

There are always players who pan out. I'm not saying the draft was weak, just that it was what many said it would be. There were a lot of players go could fill important roles on teams but there weren't really a ton of guys who would change your franchise. That was the consensus and that is what it was.

This draft may turn out to be the same but I still doubt there will be many all stars from this draft. Again, rig now the draft is weak because the picks are not worth much. Maybe that changes but currently it is weak, mainly because the picks are worth much now.

Last edited by IGOTGAME : 06-26-2013 at 01:39 PM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:38 PM   #105
Shade8780
GOATin

Shade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableShade8780 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Do y'all watch the 2nd round of the Draft. Over here it starts at 12 am and I'm not sure if I wanna stay up till 4 am watching it. I might just watch the first round.
Shade8780 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: