Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-23-2013, 02:04 AM   #16
coin24
NBA sixth man of the year

coin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation herecoin24 has an incredible reputation here
Default Re: Barkley is wrong; If LeBron & the Heat 4peat, he will be top 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripthekik
if he keeps on winning with a stacked team of 2 all stars then no. Top 10 spot is where he belongs.

This

But lakers will beat them next year anyway
So another ring + FMVP for lord godbe, beating prime LBJ on a stacked as f*ck team makes him ALL TIME GOAT right?!
coin24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:05 AM   #17
poido123
Banned

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaSeba5
I don't think he will finish better than Jordan, but I think he will be top 5 when it's all said and done. Being top 5 of all time is nothing to be upset about lol.

Who in the top 5 is he going to dislodge?

All the players in the top 5 have something Lebron doesnt have.

Good fundamentals, consistent killer instinct, and better peaks/impact on the game.

And of course, none of them have a disappearing act like 2011 or a propensity to flop to get an advantage.
poido123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #18
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Who in the top 5 is he going to dislodge?

All the players in the top 5 have something Lebron doesnt have.

Good fundamentals, consistent killer instinct, and better peaks/impact on the game.

And of course, none of them have a disappearing act like 2011 or a propensity to flop to get an advantage.

Ok

Good fundamentals: He improved on his jump shot (that won him his 2nd title), and his post game has time to improve. He's only 28. He understands the game and runs the offense. He's a very smart basketball player.

Consistent killer instinct: His problem is that he overthinks and tries to get people involved too much when he needs to take over, but again he's made big shots and carried the team when he had to (game 6).

Better peaks and impact: LeBron's peak is pretty darn good. He has the best stats in elimination games and is elite company in many of his accolades.

And 2011 happened.... it hurt his legacy, but he's obviously redeemed himself since then.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:16 AM   #19
SamuraiSWISH
Banned

SamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation hereSamuraiSWISH has an incredible reputation here

If LeBron manages to lead the Heat to a 4 peat, that is the first unique thing someone has done (even besides Jordan) in league history that would in my mind, work as a valid reason to thrust someone into top five / GOAT type talks immediately.

It's upsetting to think as a basketball fan, and mind you I'm a fan of the game first. If someone surpasses Jordan so be it. I'm not saying it can't ever happen, but I want it to be done legitimately and not hype so I'm critical of things that happen ...

But LeBron could have been competing for his 4th straight ring, and the first 4 peat since Russell's Celtics this up coming season if he didn't have that collapse and disappearance in the 2011 Finals.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:24 AM   #20
poido123
Banned

poido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterpoido123 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Ok

Good fundamentals: He improved on his jump shot (that won him his 2nd title), and his post game has time to improve. He's only 28. He understands the game and runs the offense. He's a very smart basketball player.

He improved his jumpshot. Yes, but what about footwork and a decent post game? To be in the top 5 you have to have an elite post game, along with being consistently dominant.

Consistent killer instinct: His problem is that he overthinks and tries to get people involved too much when he needs to take over, but again he's made big shots and carried the team when he had to (game 6).

If that is his problem, well then he isn't doing what the top 5 do.

Better peaks and impact: LeBron's peak is pretty darn good. He has the best stats in elimination games and is elite company in many of his accolades.

If you call coasting for 3 quarters, lacking consistent intensity and lacking ability to take over a game consistently as an alltime peak would, well then you have a different perception of what dominant peak is to most people.

And 2011 happened.... it hurt his legacy, but he's obviously redeemed himself since then.

Well if it hurt his legacy, then you you are overrating him talking him up for top 5 alltime?
Old 06-23-2013, 02:29 AM   #21
DaSeba5
Heat|Dolphins|Marlins

DaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterDaSeba5 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Well if it hurt his legacy, then you you are overrating him talking him up for top 5 alltime?

If he keeps doing what he is doing right now, he will be in the top 5 IMO. There's no sign of him slowing down just yet even if other teams around are getting better. We don't know what Miami will look like next year or the years after.

It hurts his legacy, but he just won 2 Finals MVPs and put up big stats in elimination games. He's proven himself. 2011 will hurt him if he does enough to get on a Jordan level, but in terms of being a top 10 player it really doesn't. Let's say he wins 4-5 titles and maybe 1 or 2 more MVPs, do you think people will say no way he's top 5... he choked that one year? No... that will put him in the top 5.
DaSeba5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:38 AM   #22
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

poido, you are the worst poster on this forum.

Jesus, you really suck.

I'm going to the Gold Coast in 2 weeks, so if I hear some douche talking loudly about how Lebron sucks, and some dumb ass opinions about the refs, I'm going to assume its you and tell you to f*ck yourself.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 AM   #23
poido123
Banned

Quote:
If he keeps doing what he is doing right now, he will be in the top 5 IMO. There's no sign of him slowing down just yet even if other teams around are getting better. We don't know what Miami will look like next year or the years after.

It hurts his legacy, but he just won 2 Finals MVPs and put up big stats in elimination games. He's proven himself. 2011 will hurt him if he does enough to get on a Jordan level, but in terms of being a top 10 player it really doesn't. Let's say he wins 4-5 titles and maybe 1 or 2 more MVPs, do you think people will say no way he's top 5... he choked that one year? No... that will put him in the top 5.

I seriously doubt he wins more than one more title from now on, but if that was the case, it still goes back to impact/peak in relation to his competition and ability to consistently be dominant on a consistent basis(including playoffs). When your talking top 5, you're talking about players with limited flaws and unquestionable heart and killer instinct.

Last edited by poido123 : 06-23-2013 at 02:49 AM.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:48 AM   #24
poido123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
poido, you are the worst poster on this forum.

Jesus, you really suck.

I'm going to the Gold Coast in 2 weeks, so if I hear some douche talking loudly about how Lebron sucks, and some dumb ass opinions about the refs, I'm going to assume its you and tell you to f*ck yourself.

It's funny, because I clearly remember you getting called the worst Heat poster by a few people on here So for you to say this holds absolutely no weight at all.

You and other Heat fans clearly dislike me, as I strongly oppose the BS you idiots spew on ISH.

Time and time again, I back up my statements with clear reasoning, yet the Heat fans I have come accross bring up irrelevant or unrelated statements without clear reasoning. You included.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:57 AM   #25
buddha
dude, where's my shaq?

buddha is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
If ANYBODY has 4 straight MVP+FMVP seasons, there is no argument that they're not the best.

what if a player of Steve Nash's caliber compiled 4 straight in a very, very weak era?
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:00 AM   #26
buddha
dude, where's my shaq?

buddha is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorryIsMyMVP
MJ could have won 7 straight if he didn't take a year off for baseball

probably 8 straight.
buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:01 AM   #27
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
It's funny, because I clearly remember you getting called the worst Heat poster by a few people on here So for you to say this holds absolutely no weight at all.

You and other Heat fans clearly dislike me, as I strongly oppose the BS you idiots spew on ISH.

Time and time again, I back up my statements with clear reasoning, yet the Heat fans I have come accross bring up irrelevant or unrelated statements without clear reasoning. You included.

Clear reasoning... lol.

"Battier saved Lebron"... "You guys are just lucky"... "If it wasn't for this guy then Lebron wouldn't be shit"... "Lebron will never be top 5 because *insert dumbass extremely subjective reason*"

I doubt I've been called the worst Heat poster, but even if I have, its still a whole 10 notches above you.

I don't dislike you, I don't know you, I just don't care for your opinion. You're basketball knowledge is really limited, and you clearly became a fan of Jordan/The Bulls I'm assuming in the middle of the second 3 peat by your limited knowledge. I also assume you skipped a lot of years when the Bulls were doing shit in the early/mid 2000's which is why you have a hard time recalling specifics on things.

You're just a shitty poster who goes on like they know a lot, but you're really quite clueless and butthurt.
plowking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:04 AM   #28
Sarcastic
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Sarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableSarcastic is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by NumberSix
If ANYBODY has 4 straight MVP+FMVP seasons, there is no argument that they're not the best.

Bill Russell would have done that x2, so it's nice to know you think Bill is the GOAT.
Sarcastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:10 AM   #29
Graviton
Cavs fan since 1970

Graviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGraviton is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Never understood how Magic and Bird got so overrated, their resume is either equal or slightly better than Kobe/Shaq/Duncan, yet they are put in Top 5 with no clear reasoning. Considering how one played with a Goat candidate in Kareem and another had what is considered the best team of all time and the most stacked roster ever in 86 Celtics, it's so ironic how only Lebron/Kobe get dissed with "stacked cast" excuses while Magic/Bird get a pass.

Lebron with 2 more Rings, MVPs and FMVPs is CLEARLY ahead of Magic, Bird, Shaq, Duncan and maybe even Wilt. I doubt he will pass Kareem/Jordan/Russel but he would have a clear case for Top 5.
Graviton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 03:38 AM   #30
poido123
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking
Clear reasoning... lol.

"Battier saved Lebron"... "You guys are just lucky"... "If it wasn't for this guy then Lebron wouldn't be shit"... "Lebron will never be top 5 because *insert dumbass extremely subjective reason*"

I doubt I've been called the worst Heat poster, but even if I have, its still a whole 10 notches above you.

I don't dislike you, I don't know you, I just don't care for your opinion. You're basketball knowledge is really limited, and you clearly became a fan of Jordan/The Bulls I'm assuming in the middle of the second 3 peat by your limited knowledge. I also assume you skipped a lot of years when the Bulls were doing shit in the early/mid 2000's which is why you have a hard time recalling specifics on things.

You're just a shitty poster who goes on like they know a lot, but you're really quite clueless and butthurt.

Can you prove that? Give me an example of not recalling something specific in the early to mid 2000's that would make you say that. That's right, because you can't, I don't think I have brought it up on here. You do alot of assuming, I started watching and supporting the bulls in 89, although only young at the time as Im now 30. I was young and impressionable and my favourite player was Jordan, as I was too young too understand the game properly during the first 3 peat I can certainly remember alot of those games and that run. My favourite player through the second 3 peat was Rodman, I understood the game more and through playing myself in competition, my game mirrored rodman somewhat(of course nowhere near as good), so over time I have developed better knowledge of the game and my perspective of the Bulls growing up.

I have been on here posting in Bulls forums and in main threads for the past 6 years. I have supported my team right through since 89 and never waivered. Even with the lean years which followed 98, I always remained a Bulls fan.

I have endured the days when we were in position to sign top agents a year or two after 98, when we had a young Elton Brand and traded him for Tyson Chandler. The early years of Artest and Crawford, The days of Eddie Curry, Jalen Rose, and Tyson Chandler as our centrepieces, only to trade all that away years later. The Ben Wallace ****up, the tyrus thomas for Aldridge trade : the years with Ben gordon as our SG(unbearable), but along the way their was some relatively happier times, the skiles era was fun, although I could never picture that team winning a championship.

Oh, and I never said those things you eluded to. I said Lebron had the benefit of Battier having a huge game 7 and Allen saving Lebron's ass in game 6.

"Battier saved Lebron"... "You guys are just lucky"... "If it wasn't for this guy then Lebron wouldn't be shit"... "Lebron will never be top 5 because *insert dumbass extremely subjective reason*

Stop talking out of your ass Plowking, I said none of those things and your lying out of your ass to discredit me.

Last edited by poido123 : 06-23-2013 at 03:50 AM.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: