Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 06-23-2013, 03:51 AM   #31
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster
Default Re: Barkley is wrong; If LeBron & the Heat 4peat, he will be top 5

Lebron doesn't need a 4peat to reach the top 5, he just needs one more title+ MVP, and another 5 years playing it an all-nba level.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:38 AM   #32
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Lebron doesn't need a 4peat to reach the top 5, he just needs one more title+ MVP, and another 5 years playing it an all-nba level.

This
All Net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #33
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Net
This

Who is he dislodging from the top 5 All Net? If he does in fact win another title and/or MVP...
poido123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 04:43 AM   #34
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

All Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableAll Net is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by poido123
Who is he dislodging from the top 5 All Net? If he does in fact win another title and/or MVP...

To me the top 5 is.

MJ
Kareem
Russell
Magic
Wilt

So if I had to guess IF lebrons keeps going at this rate and wins 1 or 2 titles, another MVP or two..he will drop either wilt or magic out of the top 5. He must keep doing what he is now tough for a number of years but he is only 28 so it is more than possible he does. Most now already have him now in the top 10. A few more titles or one repeat some may put him there already.

Obviously this is what I view most would have him ranked if he does these things..he still has a long way to go though.

Who knows what the future may hold.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:10 AM   #35
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

poido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat coolpoido123 is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
To me the top 5 is.

MJ
Kareem
Russell
Magic
Wilt

So if I had to guess IF lebrons keeps going at this rate and wins 1 or 2 titles, another MVP or two..he will drop either wilt or magic out of the top 5. He must keep doing what he is now tough for a number of years but he is only 28 so it is more than possible he does. Most now already have him now in the top 10. A few more titles or one repeat some may put him there already.

Obviously this is what I view most would have him ranked if he does these things..he still has a long way to go though.

Who knows what the future may hold.

So do you see Lebron as a better player than Magic in his prime? Or are you basing this on accomplishments as well. I have seen both and I think Magic was better, but its opinion.

I didnt see Wilt in my lifetime, but from footage I have seen and the stats he put up, I cant really say but I would imagine his incredible stats would still translate to today's league of about 35 points, 18 rebounds, 3 blocks etc etc. Enough to be best in the league and most dominant centre, plus taking away Lebron's MVP's in the process.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:20 AM   #36
BigTicket
Cavs for life

BigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected posterBigTicket is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:

Either Bird or Magic, depending on how you rank the top 5 currently.
BigTicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:21 AM   #37
NumberSix
Big Booty Hoes!!

NumberSix has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Bill Russell would have done that x2, so it's nice to know you think Bill is the GOAT.
Right. To go along with Russell's 8 MVPs... Of course.
NumberSix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:26 AM   #38
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
So do you see Lebron as a better player than Magic in his prime? Or are you basing this on accomplishments as well. I have seen both and I think Magic was better, but its opinion.

I didnt see Wilt in my lifetime, but from footage I have seen and the stats he put up, I cant really say but I would imagine his incredible stats would still translate to today's league of about 35 points, 18 rebounds, 3 blocks etc etc. Enough to be best in the league and most dominant centre, plus taking away Lebron's MVP's in the process.

You haven't seen both, nor have you taken the time to actually go out of your way to watch both. You claim to have started watching in 89 (this is bullshit in itself), so you would have seen Magic's last MVP season, and that's it.

Your whole outlook on basketball is f*cked.
You're the joke of the board.

EDIT: You were also one of the people that claimed Lebron's stats wouldn't be so impressive in the 80's and 90's due to the physical defenses, yet you scale down Wilt's stats despite Wilt playing in an even more physical era in terms of defense. Jordan jocking much?

Last edited by plowking : 06-23-2013 at 05:28 AM.
plowking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 05:32 AM   #39
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTicket
Either Bird or Magic, depending on how you rank the top 5 currently.

Hmm, I have Shaq at 5, Bird 6, Magic 7.

I rate Shaq a bit higher than some people on ISH, purely because he holds the most dominant peak or second most dominant peak in history(00-02). However, there is so little between Shaq, Bird and Magic overall, Im happy with any of them above each other.

But as I said, I rate all time greats according to their peak play, I give no acknowledgement to how long a player sustained great play(longevity), all I want is a good sample of their best.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:41 AM   #40
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plowking

You haven't seen both, nor have you taken the time to actually go out of your way to watch both. You claim to have started watching in 89 (this is bullshit in itself), so you would have seen Magic's last MVP season, and that's it.

Your whole outlook on basketball is f*cked.
You're the joke of the board.

EDIT: You were also one of the people that claimed Lebron's stats wouldn't be so impressive in the 80's and 90's due to the physical defenses, yet you scale down Wilt's stats despite Wilt playing in an even more physical era in terms of defense. Jordan jocking much?

I saw the tail end of Magic's career, saw his last 3 years when he retired in 91? I also have access to videos of games and anything else on the net.

I come in this thread to get away from you, now you come on here and hijack the conversation with your accusations. Go away :

And Wilt is the same player, position and size as Lebron right? You fcken retard, if you had a clue, you would realise that great centres of the past would translate well to basketball today. We have a weak era of centres and Wilt was a physical freak. I also took into consideration that Lebron is mentally fragile at times, something he would certainly struggle with, dealing with guys laying him out and trash talking him hard, and playing against hall of famers and great centres of the 80's 90's.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:43 AM   #41
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:

That's the problem with rankings. People have different criteria when it comes to all time rankings. Doing it over a longer period means more to me. Which is why shaq would never crack my top 5.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:45 AM   #42
plowking
well DENG

plowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterplowking is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
I saw the tail end of Magic's career, saw his last 3 years when he retired in 91? I also have access to videos of games and anything else on the net.

I come in this thread to get away from you, now you come on here and hijack the conversation with your accusations. Go away :

And Wilt is the same player, position and size as Lebron right? You fcken retard, if you had a clue, you would realise that great centres of the past would translate well to basketball today. We have a weak era of centres and Wilt was a physical freak. I also took into consideration that Lebron is mentally fragile at times, something he would certainly struggle with, dealing with guys laying him out and trash talking him hard, and playing against hall of famers and great centres of the 80's 90's.

You're too stupid to even realize what you're arguing.

You follow me around every thread and quote me. Now you know what its like.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:49 AM   #43
plowking
well DENG

Quote:
That's the problem with rankings. People have different criteria when it comes to all time rankings. Doing it over a longer period means more to me. Which is why shaq would never crack my top 5.

Shaq hasn't been doing it long enough?

14 straight seasons of averaging 20ppg+...
That's as many as Kobe who gets constantly praised for his longevity.
That's only 3 less than the likes of Malone and Jabbar who people claim as the kings of longevity.
Old 06-23-2013, 05:56 AM   #44
poido123
Cameron Bairstow!!

Quote:

That's only 3 less than the likes of Malone and Jabbar who people claim as the kings of longevity.

But you are one of the people ready to place Lebron in the top 5, when he will never reach Shaq's peak play or accomplishments combined.
Old 06-23-2013, 06:02 AM   #45
All Net
Twitter-@AllNetSports

Quote:

As soon as shaq hit 30 his play dropped off.. Hell soon as he left Los Angeles his level was never the same. He got very fat and lazy.

Btw you mention kobe but he is in the 8-10 range and likely won't get higher.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: