Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 02-16-2007, 01:48 PM   #16
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Default Re: Dwight wants rim raised to 12 feet for him @ dunk contest... NBA says no...

The NBA probably rejected it because they don't want to see contestants get nineteen tries at an insane height, only to have the guys just lower it back to ten and need nineteen more tries to pull off a dunk.

"My hump, my hump my hump my hump!
my hump my hump my hump, my 15th try on this dunk!
Check it out!"

Also, the dunk contest just plain isn't that exciting anymore. We've seen so much of the stuff.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:51 PM   #17
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard

Default Re: Dwight wants rim raised to 12 feet for him @ dunk contest... NBA says no...

Show off, 99% of the population can't dunk a 10ft rim and only dream of it and this guy wants to raise it to twelve. Genetically gifted
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:53 PM   #18
20 Dimes A Game
HeartHustleHope

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMac&Luther
Show off, 99% of the population can't dunk a 10ft rim and only dream of it and this guy wants to raise it to twelve. Genetically gifted

LOL.

I know what you mean though, but i'd still like to see it.
20 Dimes A Game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:57 PM   #19
wally_world
M0derator

Dwight Howard is mad... i think only he and Green will be able to dunk to such height... Thomas and Nate are going to choke... haha
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 01:59 PM   #20
The Answer
National High School Star

Why couldn't they just bring in a special basket already set at 12 feet?
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:00 PM   #21
KnicksForever
I airball my layups

i think if the nba allows it dwight will definitely win the contest. think he is capable to do the dunks on 11-12 cause he's got a great vertical and long arms. and it will look like he has the flare while he's jamming it down. wow dwight did his homework. unfortunately he won't get it the way he wants...
KnicksForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:17 PM   #22
raiderfan19
Shazam!

why does everyone hate birdman for taking 100 tries but not nate who did it on like 3 different dunks???
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:24 PM   #23
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

Yeah, Birdman did about the same as Nate. Iggy got robbed.

Anyway this is stupid, just raise and lower it. NBA can't get an "Easy Raise" type of rim for the Dunk competition that can be raised or lowered in a few seconds. So stupid, especially considering how bad the dunk competition has been since Vince in '00.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:25 PM   #24
saKf
Roy = my new fave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderfan19
why does everyone hate birdman for taking 100 tries but not nate who did it on like 3 different dunks???
I hate Robinson for other things.

The only other thing you can hate on Andersen for is snorting lines off a hooker's thigh at halftime.
saKf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:27 PM   #25
schyza
High School Starter

Ok what I donít understand is this dude is filthy rich, he cant talk the NBA into letting him buy 3 of those movable rims people have at there houses and set 1 to 11í another to 11.5í and the last at 12.They can have them set up on different parts of the floor so anyone in the contest can use them. That would be my resolution to the issue.
schyza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:33 PM   #26
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

That is an excellent idea. Or just use the two they have. Keep one side at 10, and raise to 10.5 if needed and the other at 11.5 and raise it up or down a half foot if needed.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 PM   #27
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by saKf

"My hump, my hump my hump my hump!
my hump my hump my hump, my 15th try on this dunk!
Check it out!"

SaKf= the weird al of ISH! i really enjoyed the "makin fun of ridin dirty" parody in that other thread.
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:46 PM   #28
final.wrath
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcz
I guess the NBA doesn't want to open a can of worms, where they're stuck raising and lowering the rim throughout the contest for different players. It would be easy enough to stick the basket at the other end of the court at 12' and leave it there, but then what if Gerald Green decides he wants it at 10.5, and Tyrus Thomas wants it at 11?

Probably a smart ruling.

it would take what, 30 seconds to adjust the rim height? if they planned it ahead of time im sure this would be possible. they could have an electronic boom that would lower and raise the rim to preset heights.
final.wrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 02:58 PM   #29
nerdsunite
Decent playground baller

I think it has more to do with the integrity of the game then the time restraints......
nerdsunite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 03:04 PM   #30
adamcz
Bucks fan

Possibly, but I think you may be overlooking the extent to which it is a pandora's box. In future years, every contestent might want to prepare different dunks at different rim heights. It would be a major turning point in the contest that you can never come back from.
adamcz is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: