Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 02-18-2007, 05:14 AM   #496
3stat2
Local High School Star

Default Re: Slam Dunk Contest, Saturday 8:30 PM ET, TNT

I'm still annoyed at the judges. They were expected to judge things slightly tougher, but more fairly than usual - not go ****ing clinically insane
3stat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:45 AM   #497
WildStyle
High School Starter

This is the same thing that happened years ago. Everybody whined that the dunk contest was boring... so they got rid of it. Then everybody started whining that they missed the dunk contest and wanted it back. It's like a cycle.

LOL at the people who think what Dwight did was unimpressive. That's just too funny for words.
WildStyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:55 AM   #498
bail
Serious playground baller

I think it would be nicer if Howard will use the ball to touch on where he put the sticker, then dunks it. Is that possible?Man I wish he was in the finals. he might pulled a kissed the rim dunk
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 07:32 AM   #499
brantonli
In Morey We Trust!

A sort of blah dunk contest. The NBA seriously needs to drag the best dunkers back in, Vinsanity, T-Mac, JRich, heck even Desmond Mason. Why the NBA keeps on calling the rookies and sophomores is beyond me (except D.Howard)
brantonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:02 AM   #500
P-Forty21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli
A sort of blah dunk contest. The NBA seriously needs to drag the best dunkers back in, Vinsanity, T-Mac, JRich, heck even Desmond Mason. Why the NBA keeps on calling the rookies and sophomores is beyond me (except D.Howard)

man id love to see that!

vc
tmac
jrich
mason

that would be fkn crazy
Old 02-18-2007, 08:07 AM   #501
Sword.Dragons
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brantonli

Probaly bcoz its called RISING STARS DUNK CONTEST..
Sword.Dragons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:22 PM   #502
Heilige
An Icon Forever

Dwight Howard got ROBBED. The man had enough hang time to grab the ball from Jameer Nelson, reach up, put a sticker has high as he could, then to pay attention to the ball in his right hand to slam it through. And Michael gives him an 8? What the hell?

And Gerald Green. Tsk tsk. What a dissapointment. His dunks in the finals were horrible. He caught an alley-oop and just threw it down with two hands. Whoop-de-doo. And then the last dunk, he did a windmill over a table. Table or not, he would jump the same length. So what was the point of that?

It kills me that they can give that last one a 50 but Dwight's lower. Nate could have won it easily if he had just thought of a more creative dunk. If he had saved his first dunk for the finals, and instead of doing the backboard thing do the Carter between your legs, he might have run away with it. Good sportsmanship from him though in being a prop in Green's Dee Brown dunk

Worst dunk contest in years.

Why is everyone acting like Gerald Green put on a show? He really didn't. His two dunks in the finals were nothing special. The first dunk was an alley-oop over the backboard from Pierce, and Green caught it and just put it down with two hands. His 2nd dunk was a windmill over a table. He didn't need to put the table there. It took something away from his dunk because it's like "yeah you can jump over a table. So what?"

Dwight Howard made the mistake of not telling the judges to wait until the whole thing was over before they decided. He had the best dunk of the contest by far. Nate had 1 good dunk and 1 ok dunk, but the other 2 were bad. TT ****ed up.

Let's not get carried away here with the Green put on a show remarks. He is an incredible athlete, but he didn't put up a Josh Smith-Amare Stoudemire-Andre Iguodala performance either.
Heilige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:28 PM   #503
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quite a long post full of nothing. Dwight didn't get robbed. Nobody's dunk special. Nobody earned a 10 at all.
knickscity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:29 PM   #504
XxNeXuSxX
The Master Debater

I like how Helige makes it sound like Robinson should have won the final
XxNeXuSxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #505
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX
I like how Helige makes it sound like Robinson should have won the final

Nate hung on the rim then dunk the ball. He barely can get up there. I thought if you hang on the rim it had to be after you dunk.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #506
KnicksForever
I airball my layups

i feel bad for dwight that some people here judge him by his height. the kid did a great job in the dunk contest. he had the creativity and the flare which ignited the crowds. if you actually watch the contest and judge it like it is you can't deny that dwight was awesome. i don't like it when MJ and Dr. J gave nate an 8 for his first dunk, and green's first dunk too. they should judge it like it is instead of trying to make themselves look important be a hard grader in the first round. i still respect jordan as a player but what he did yesterday as a judge wasn't cool.
KnicksForever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 12:38 PM   #507
knickscity
Knicks Board Moderator

the thing that everyone failed to see is that those judges are some of the greatest dunkers of all time. These players knew that and should have brought everything they had out there. Tyrus looked like a fool, Dwight wasn't creative no matter how you spin it, Nate is too short to be spectacular. green came with a plan, but wasn't phenominal. Green at least showed he practiced with a game plan and that's why he won. Not just because of his dunks, because they were average compared to the judges.
Old 02-18-2007, 01:20 PM   #508
heavensdevil
Michael Lee

dwight shoulda made the finals... and that 2nd Thomas dunk was pretty nice.
heavensdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:34 PM   #509
bail
Serious playground baller

I hope nate would try to dunk himself with the ball. now that would be perfect 10
bail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:52 PM   #510
JohnnyBravo5
Local High School Star

Worst Dunk Contest I have ever seen. Watching Nate dunk is like watching the last scene of Tin Cup with Kevin Costner. I want to go dive in a lake now.
JohnnyBravo5 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: