Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum

D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum D-League Forum, Minor League and world international basketball forum

Old 02-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #511
easythereliberace
I airball my layups

easythereliberace has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Slam Dunk Contest, Saturday 8:30 PM ET, TNT

^^^ Agreed. Worst dunk contest I have seen.
easythereliberace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:30 PM   #512
wang4three
NJ Net Fan For Life.

wang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation herewang4three has an incredible reputation here

Dwight got hosed. BAD. I pray to God that he comes back next year. All that billing for the top dunkers of all time and they just completely shat on the best dunk in the contest. Nate Robinson? Next year he should be in the dunk contest on the sidelines.
wang4three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 01:41 PM   #513
A Loyal NJ Fan
High school junior varsity star

A Loyal NJ Fan has decent reputation

Too many sympathy points for the little guy.
A Loyal NJ Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:47 PM   #514
kaiteng
CONGRATS MAN XD

kaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekaiteng is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Dwight got the same problems as Amare did when he participated the Slam Dunk Contest for the first time. Amare did good dunks but failed to get into the final because of his height. Amare got the second chance and with some helps from Steve Nash he showed us one of the most unique and spectacular dunk ever, the soccer header dunk. This is why I think Dwight should be in the next Slam Dunk Contest. If he can come up with the sticker dunk, who knows what is the next crazy dunk he's gonna do.

Another way to save to next Slam Dunk Contest: Don't bring Nate back!
kaiteng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:52 PM   #515
Nets Fan NY
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Nets Fan NY has an OK reputation so far

I agree -- this was the worst dunk contest ever. sure, I laughed at the sticker. adding props may be funny, but it doesn't hide the fact that these dunks were sub-par compared to the legends of the past. watching nate miss for 2 minutes was a buzzkill last night.

look at vince, jordan and wilkins in their prime...

www.netsfannewyork.com
Nets Fan NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 04:28 PM   #516
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

The constest flat out sucked Dwight's sticker dunk was my favortie and it only got like a 42. I wish Iggy would have done it again he would have come pu with something original.
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:20 PM   #517
SsKSpurs21
National High School Star

SsKSpurs21 has decent reputationSsKSpurs21 has decent reputation

Dwight's sticker dunk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=K5saBDOE6Sc
SsKSpurs21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:25 PM   #518
raiderfan19
Shazam!

raiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterraiderfan19 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nets Fan NY
I agree -- this was the worst dunk contest ever. sure, I laughed at the sticker. adding props may be funny, but it doesn't hide the fact that these dunks were sub-par compared to the legends of the past. watching nate miss for 2 minutes was a buzzkill last night.

look at vince, jordan and wilkins in their prime...

www.netsfannewyork.com
actually both dwight and greens windmills were about as good as anything nique ever did. its just that weve seen it all.
raiderfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 06:27 PM   #519
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaiteng
Dwight got the same problems as Amare did when he participated the Slam Dunk Contest for the first time. Amare did good dunks but failed to get into the final because of his height. Amare got the second chance and with some helps from Steve Nash he showed us one of the most unique and spectacular dunk ever, the soccer header dunk. This is why I think Dwight should be in the next Slam Dunk Contest. If he can come up with the sticker dunk, who knows what is the next crazy dunk he's gonna do.

Another way to save to next Slam Dunk Contest: Don't bring Nate back!

I disagree. The Dunk was all set up by nash and they could not finish it at the first try. It is not like D-12, Josh Smith, Jason Richardson could do the same dunk. I would guess that Iverson, Kidd or any other pg would struggle to set up Amre for the dunk. Amare only dunked it. Look at some of Jason Richardson and Desmond Mason stuff
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 08:02 PM   #520
Xplicit
Great young streetballer

Xplicit has an OK reputation so far

That was friggin awful. If you combine Nate Robinson's missed attempts from last year with this year's, it has to come close to a total of 30 missed dunk attempts!

You'd think after the 3rd or 4th failed try, he'd try something new? I mean.. shyt.. don't these guys practice more than just 4 dunks? Don't they have backup plans in case they fail to pull of their dunk? Trying the same dunk 15 times is not going to win you any dunk contest; I don't care if your competition are midgets in wheelchairs.

This just shows Nate has a very limited repertoire of dunks/creativity. If they ever let Nate Robinson back into the dunk contest, I'm going to skin my cat.
Xplicit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 10:14 AM   #521
DreamRockets
National High School Star

DreamRockets has an OK reputation so far

no youtubes about the whole contest ?
DreamRockets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 02:10 PM   #522
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Next year it needs to be:

Vincanity
Lebron
Tmac
And since winners get invited Gerald Green
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #523
Real Men Wear Green
Don't panic.

Real Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterReal Men Wear Green is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Those guys will never participate, forget about them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamRockets
no youtubes about the whole contest ?
Gerald Green getting ready.
I don't know what Nautilus machines and push-ups had to do with the Dunk Contest.
Real Men Wear Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:38 PM   #524
eauclaire447
High School JV MVP

eauclaire447 has an OK reputation so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZuL3JZV04w&NR
sorry if double posted
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 04:57 PM   #525
thenextgreatbigman
Banned

thenextgreatbigman has an OK reputation so far

here's a green wall http://www.hoops4life.com/gallery/pi...ls.php?pid=388 i made.
thenextgreatbigman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: