Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 09-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #1
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here
Default First Step of Michael Jordan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qukNKGNphoQ
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:21 AM   #2
Marchesk
El Sid Stan

Marchesk has decent reputation
Default Re: First Step of Michael Jordan

No way Lebron is staying in front of that.
Marchesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #3
SamuraiSWISH
Samurai Swoosh

SamuraiSWISH is popular on this boardSamuraiSWISH is popular on this boardSamuraiSWISH is popular on this boardSamuraiSWISH is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesk
Hell no.

It's like the quickness and explosion of prime Wade. Combined witht he crafty, deceptive, skillful footwork of Kobe.

And of course by footwork of Kobe, I mean the skill set he patterned after MJ. Just using it as an analogy for all the ignorant, young bucks on ISH.

Nice find OP, added to the archive. Thanks.

SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:39 AM   #4
Round Mound
NBA lottery pick

Round Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation hereRound Mound has an incredible reputation here

The Mixture Of Both His Athletic Abilities and Skills Was In His Peek 88-93. I´ve Never Seen a More Complete Athlete (and i hated Jordan as kid btw)

Greatest Athletes In NBA History.

1-Wilt
2-Shaq
3-MJ
4-Lebron
5-Barkley
Round Mound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
deja vu
Form is temporary

deja vu has not been impressing people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marchesk
This. And fools are saying that LeBron would beat MJ 1-on-1.
deja vu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 01:56 AM   #6
eliteballer
NBA rookie of the year

eliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputationeliteballer has a terrific reputation

No surprise you would pick a video with a horrible framerate...THIS is a more accurate depiction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIPQZTBr0r0
eliteballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 02:32 AM   #7
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

People always mention that MJ's shots were 'uncontested' that he got easy dunks, that he didn't get double teamed.

Well….

There's a reason for that.

He beat dudes with ease even tho they played him for the drive comfortably away from him.

Double teams never really got there on time because he was too fast for them.

Jumpers appeared to be uncontested because he left his defenders on quick sand.

I've mentioned this story before and I'll repeat it again.

I knew this cat that played during the Space Jam games, and he said MJ was faster than 6'0 pg. He said he was blazing fast, everything he did was just fast. All his movements were a blur.

Wade is brought up in this thread.

Give MJ the same defensive schemes that Wade got during his prime, and it would be embarrassing for the league.
andgar923 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:24 AM   #8
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

MJ borderline travelled on a lot of his first steps but that doesn't matter, he was still crazzzy fast.

But honestly, I thought Wade wasn't as quick/fast as MJ, and I even argued against Wade in the "Kobe vs. Wade Athleticism" thread, but after watching a lot of tape recently on young/rookie Wade, and having seen a lot of MJ tape and live, I concede that Wade is faster. Blasphemy I know, but I think young Wade was actually quicker than MJ. And I don't deny that MJ is the best NBA athlete of all-time. And Kobe is my favorite player of all-time. Someone made a "Rookie Wade Playoffs" video thread, and it was unbelievable how fast he was.
lefthook00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:27 AM   #9
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

andgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterandgar923 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthook00
MJ borderline travelled on a lot of his first steps but that doesn't matter, he was still crazzzy fast.

But honestly, I thought Wade wasn't as quick/fast as MJ, and I even argued against Wade in the "Kobe vs. Wade Athleticism" thread, but after watching a lot of tape recently on young/rookie Wade, and having seen a lot of MJ tape and live, I concede that Wade is faster. Blasphemy I know, but I think young Wade was actually quicker than MJ. And I don't deny that MJ is the best NBA athlete of all-time. And Kobe is my favorite player of all-time. Someone made a "Rookie Wade Playoffs" video thread, and it was unbelievable how fast he was.

Wade appears to be faster due to the rules and how he's played.

Give Mj the same opposition and it's really over.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:31 AM   #10
lefthook00
College star

lefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected posterlefthook00 is a pretty well-respected poster

*Double post*

Last edited by lefthook00 : 09-04-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #11
lefthook00
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by andgar923
Wade appears to be faster due to the rules and how he's played.

Give Mj the same opposition and it's really over.

Perhaps that's it. You also rarely Wade explode off the triple threat position, he usually dribbles before he attacks, or he waits for a screen.
Old 09-04-2013, 03:32 AM   #12
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

video in OP never shows MJ going left. i find it funny
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:41 AM   #13
Indian guy
Very good NBA starter

Indian guy has decent reputation

Quote:

Huh? Why blasphemy? Only ignorant people would act surprised over considering Wade quicker than MJ. All you have to do is watch them play. Wade is the quickest SG of all time for players around that size.
Indian guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 03:44 AM   #14
lefthook00
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Guy

Huh? Why blasphemy? Only ignorant people would act surprised over considering Wade quicker than MJ. All you have to do is watch them play. Wade is the quickest SG of all time for players around that size.

I dunno, it seems to be the consensus here that MJ was the quickest/fastest 2 guard of all-time, aside from the little guys like Iverson, etc....
Old 09-04-2013, 04:07 AM   #15
andgar923
soundcloud.com/agua-1

Quote:
Perhaps that's it. You also rarely Wade explode off the triple threat position, he usually dribbles before he attacks, or he waits for a screen.

This is MJ in 97 with a screen and similar to the defense Wade dealt with:

http://youtu.be/jYdtk6FURS4?t=39s

It wasn't amazingly fast, but still fast. Now consider his age.

Again, at the 5:48 mark (ankle breaker) that move was lighting fast.

Look at how far the defender ends up http://youtu.be/vIvUmw4I2Bk?t=1m20s

Again, look at the space he's getting http://youtu.be/vIvUmw4I2Bk?t=2m37s the defense is waiting for the drive and they still can't react fast enough.

those are just a few for starters
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: