Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-02-2013, 02:18 PM   #166
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
http://www.mundodeportivo.com/201307...376492484.html

i'm not sure muniesa will do well in england. his size for a cb might hurt him.

roberto will be a great player but i don't see how he would benefit from going to bayern
Yeah, he's a bit on the short side for a CB, but I think he more than makes up for it in other areas. Still, he will have a lot of work in Stoke City.
I absolutely agree with Roberto. He will ruin his career if he goes to Bayern, he wouldn't get any playing time at all over the guys they already have.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:31 PM   #167
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!

Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

i dont think ive ever seen muniesa play... i dont think he ever played in an official match ( excluding friendlies )
he is 1.80 so thats not really short, the same height as puyol and many other all time great defenders... you are much more movable at 1.80 and if you are strong and have a good vertical, you will have no problem dealing with anyone- prime puyol for example ( only henry embarrassed him in that final, but really he was unstoppable back then )
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:33 PM   #168
Jasi
Quality?

Fabio Cannavaro 1.76
Jasi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:37 PM   #169
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Ivan Cordoba
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:49 PM   #170
Andrew Wiggins
Local High School Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Yeah, he's a bit on the short side for a CB, but I think he more than makes up for it in other areas. Still, he will have a lot of work in Stoke City.
I absolutely agree with Roberto. He will ruin his career if he goes to Bayern, he wouldn't get any playing time at all over the guys they already have.

i agree that he has a nice future at cb, i just don't think it's in english football, esp for stoke city. from what i remember, they play two lumbering, physical CBs in huth and shawcross and they just signed erik pieters who was starting for the dutch nt for a while. they don't play out of the back and the CBs are expected to be dominant in the air and play long balls out of the back which is quite the opposite of what is taught in barcelona.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
i dont think ive ever seen muniesa play... i dont think he ever played in an official match ( excluding friendlies )
he is 1.80 so thats not really short, the same height as puyol and many other all time great defenders... you are much more movable at 1.80 and if you are strong and have a good vertical, you will have no problem dealing with anyone- prime puyol for example ( only henry embarrassed him in that final, but really he was unstoppable back then )

he played in champions league last season a little bit. cannavaro and puyol were both very strong and could dominate taller guys with their physicality and reading of the game. muniesa is skinny.
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:57 PM   #171
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Muniesa was never gonna make it at Barcelona.... They still have Bartra.

Ancelotti gave a go ahead to sign Illaramendi... If true, great pick up. He's the next Alonso. This kid dominated DM at Euros
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #172
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Muniesa was never gonna make it at Barcelona.... They still have Bartra.

Ancelotti gave a go ahead to sign Illaramendi... If true, great pick up. He's the next Alonso. This kid dominated DM at Euros
I just read it on Marca. Oh god please let this be true! I'm tired of having Khedira and (occasionally) Pepe at DMF. Illarramendi is a perfect fit, and sorely needed.
Old 07-02-2013, 05:54 PM   #173
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
I just read it on Marca. Oh god please let this be true! I'm tired of having Khedira and (occasionally) Pepe at DMF. Illarramendi is a perfect fit, and sorely needed.
Khedira is quality.... Alonso is on decline. I think Pepe will be gone this summer also. Man City are interested
Old 07-02-2013, 06:28 PM   #174
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

Hopefully Muniesa can play a couple minutes without getting injured.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 07:45 PM   #175
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Khedira is quality.... Alonso is on decline. I think Pepe will be gone this summer also. Man City are interested
Khedira is a mediocre player. Alonso is not on the decline, you will see next season when he's healthy again. I hope we sell Pepe, he has gotten worse pretty much every season and he's a piece of shit. Varane is the future.
Old 07-02-2013, 08:37 PM   #176
Rondo
High school junior varsity star

Good signing for Madrid if they get him. Don't think Alonso's on the decline but not too big a fan of Khedira. He does his job, good engine on him but technically he's unimpressive imo.

Still think Barca will win the league though. They need to play Thiago more if he stays at the club. Use Xavi more sparingly. He's getting old and fitness is an issue while Thiago's issue is lack of playing time. Makes sense so we'll see what happens there.
Rondo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:32 AM   #177
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

Quote:
Khedira is a mediocre player. Alonso is not on the decline, you will see next season when he's healthy again. I hope we sell Pepe, he has gotten worse pretty much every season and he's a piece of shit. Varane is the future.
Pepe is a scumbag... I used to like him before...
Old 07-03-2013, 01:45 AM   #178
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman

Quote:

Honestly I think we need someone bigger and faster (and more defensive). It sounds cliche - but you look at the team , we don't have defensive fullbacks, lazy attackers who don't defend unless it's a big game and lack defensive structure. This role is going to take quite a bit of defensive intelligence or it's going to take some pure athleticism,

If De Rossi were available I'd say go for him - because he's a fantastic defender and he can also pass it with the best of them. Iilaramendi is great but he ain't no DM. He needs someone capable of doing defensive work next to him....ie he needs Khedira...ie Khedira is still a starter...ie bad idea.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 AM   #179
qrich
King Heno

Fofana with a treble and Shirak dominate
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 08:38 AM   #180
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Honestly I think we need someone bigger and faster (and more defensive). It sounds cliche - but you look at the team , we don't have defensive fullbacks, lazy attackers who don't defend unless it's a big game and lack defensive structure. This role is going to take quite a bit of defensive intelligence or it's going to take some pure athleticism,

If De Rossi were available I'd say go for him - because he's a fantastic defender and he can also pass it with the best of them. Iilaramendi is great but he ain't no DM. He needs someone capable of doing defensive work next to him....ie he needs Khedira...ie Khedira is still a starter...ie bad idea.
Illarra had no problem holding the entire U21 NT (lead the tournament in interceptions if my memory serves me right) and Real Sociedad's midfield pretty much on his own, all while being an outstanding playmaker. I think he and Alonso would make an great midfield together. You know, I'm not a fan of bruiser-type DMFs, in the fashion of the awful few we've had of late. De Rossi is great, but he would cost a fortune and he's already 29.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: