Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2013, 10:09 AM   #181
Grinder
.
 
Grinder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 7,091
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Alejandro Bedoya will sign with Twente. He chose them over Heerenveen...hopefully he can get a lot of minutes and succeed in the Eredivisie.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:38 AM   #182
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!
 
rhythmic †hesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: manhattan, ny
Posts: 2,357
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Hope Barca keeps Tiago and gives him more minutes then Xavi this upcoming season, time to start passing the torch. Keeping a close eye on the T. Silva news, really hoping Barca can attain him (best CB in the world, IMO) and I wouldn't mind them adding a new strong defensive player in the transfer market.

Don't really care too much about Rooney or Torres; especially if Barca is considering giving Man U 12 million plus Tiago (not worth it!).

Tiago is a future superstar. If we don't sell Villa, we'll have a pretty deep striking core (with Pedro in the mix). Fabregas, Busquet & Iniesta still provide one of the best midfield cores in the world (plus Xavi & Tiago) and with Silva, our defense improves ten fold.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:16 PM   #183
Andrew Wiggins
Local High School Star
 
Andrew Wiggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,620
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Hope Barca keeps Tiago and gives him more minutes then Xavi this upcoming season, time to start passing the torch. Keeping a close eye on the T. Silva news, really hoping Barca can attain him (best CB in the world, IMO) and I wouldn't mind them adding a new strong defensive player in the transfer market.

Don't really care too much about Rooney or Torres; especially if Barca is considering giving Man U 12 million plus Tiago (not worth it!).

Tiago is a future superstar. If we don't sell Villa, we'll have a pretty deep striking core (with Pedro in the mix). Fabregas, Busquet & Iniesta still provide one of the best midfield cores in the world (plus Xavi & Tiago) and with Silva, our defense improves ten fold.

thiago more minutes than xavi
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 12:37 PM   #184
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman
 
Rubio2Gasol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,895
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Illarra had no problem holding the entire U21 NT (lead the tournament in interceptions if my memory serves me right) and Real Sociedad's midfield pretty much on his own, all while being an outstanding playmaker. I think he and Alonso would make an great midfield together. You know, I'm not a fan of bruiser-type DMFs, in the fashion of the awful few we've had of late. De Rossi is great, but he would cost a fortune and he's already 29.

NT plays a different style and are very disciplined. They don't need to waste energy outside possession and when they do lose it everyone does some sort of work - that's just the culture of the team.

Us....we're going to lose the ball in compromising positions as people get fancy or just do stupid things, then those same people won't track back, and both our fullbacks routinely out of position.......and then you end up with 3 people - one not a particularly gifted defensive player doing any sort of defending.

And then we're on the backfoot - because what these guys are great at is putting pressure on attackers and now they're on the backfoot trying to stop freely flowing attacks.

There's shit that can be done - you can tell people hey you need to defend - but that's not going to happen immediately, if at all....let's keep it real. The other is you sign someone who can legitimately defend.

Third option - my personal favorite - least realistic - throw an extra center back in there and let our defenders do what they do best. They're good enough distributors, all are proactive rather than reactive so - yea - give them a chance. Don't need the extra midfielder.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:06 PM   #185
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14,410
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
thiago more minutes than xavi
well no reason to play xavi against teams like granada and depor and like 15 more spanish teams... just play xavi against real, valencia or who is considered good in the upcoming season and in the CL knockout stage... same for puyol
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:21 PM   #186
Rubio2Gasol
Decent college freshman
 
Rubio2Gasol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,895
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
well no reason to play xavi against teams like granada and depor and like 15 more spanish teams... just play xavi against real, valencia or who is considered good in the upcoming season and in the CL knockout stage... same for puyol

Yea. I would like to see you tell Xavi that. Declining GOAT's (who are still better than their competition) is just going to accept sitting on the bench while some kid gets his time.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:48 PM   #187
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,140
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Yea. I would like to see you tell Xavi that. Declining GOAT's (who are still better than their competition) is just going to accept sitting on the bench while some kid gets his time.

But is the kid better than the aging goat? If thiago is a better player than xavi ATM its in the best interest in the club to play him or they run the risk of letting him go to another club and losing him for good. It seems like that's the case as well for tiago, he doesn't want to sit around anymore.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #188
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!
 
rhythmic †hesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: manhattan, ny
Posts: 2,357
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio2Gasol
Yea. I would like to see you tell Xavi that. Declining GOAT's (who are still better than their competition) is just going to accept sitting on the bench while some kid gets his time.

Some kid? Why don't you do some research about Tiago first.
Xavi is 33 I believe now, it's not rediculous to give Tiago more playing time (since he is the future) while resting Xavi more.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #189
Andrew Wiggins
Local High School Star
 
Andrew Wiggins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,620
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
well no reason to play xavi against teams like granada and depor and like 15 more spanish teams... just play xavi against real, valencia or who is considered good in the upcoming season and in the CL knockout stage... same for puyol

that's not how it works....he needs to play regularly to stay sharp. he can't just magically turn it on and play at an elite level once every few weeks against top teams.



Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
But is the kid better than the aging goat? If thiago is a better player than xavi ATM its in the best interest in the club to play him or they run the risk of letting him go to another club and losing him for good. It seems like that's the case as well for tiago, he doesn't want to sit around anymore.

obviously not. if he was a better player, he would have sniffed some more playing time. he's a great talent but everyone is getting carried away because he played well in a youth tournament and manchester utd wants him.
Andrew Wiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 01:57 PM   #190
knickballer
Very good NBA starter
 
knickballer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: 2010 offseason
Posts: 8,140
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
that's not how it works....he needs to play regularly to stay sharp. he can't just magically turn it on and play at an elite level once every few weeks against top teams.





obviously not. if he was a better player, he would have sniffed some more playing time. he's a great talent but everyone is getting carried away because he played well in a youth tournament and manchester utd wants him.

Its tough for these young guys to crack the rotation because they have giants ahead of them and n the depth chart. Id also assume that xavi is still a much better player though

Its the same case in a lot of sports as well when you have the aging goat with a young stud behind him.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 02:06 PM   #191
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?
 
Lebowsky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 6,160
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
that's not how it works....he needs to play regularly to stay sharp. he can't just magically turn it on and play at an elite level once every few weeks against top teams.





obviously not. if he was a better player, he would have sniffed some more playing time. he's a great talent but everyone is getting carried away because he played well in a youth tournament and manchester utd wants him.
This. I like the kid, but I don't think he's ready to do what Xavi has been doing for years just yet. I don't even think they're the same kind of player, but for some reason everyone's been touting him as the new Xavi for quite some time.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 03:20 PM   #192
alenleomessi
yeah bitch! magnets!
 
alenleomessi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14,410
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

he is more offensive minded than xavi i guess... and obviously not as good yet... but xavi has declined quite a lot this past season... havent really seen a maestro game from him for a long time... thank god iniesta has been healthy lately

whoever starts and play we still have on of the goat midfields and is the least of our problems... just get a decent cb and smoke everyone. make pep cry again.


oh and btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJqF1J4JlkM

it was a charity game but he looked like by far the best player on the pitch
alenleomessi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #193
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 10,004
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
he is more offensive minded than xavi i guess... and obviously not as good yet... but xavi has declined quite a lot this past season... havent really seen a maestro game from him for a long time... thank god iniesta has been healthy lately

whoever starts and play we still have on of the goat midfields and is the least of our problems... just get a decent cb and smoke everyone. make pep cry again.


oh and btw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJqF1J4JlkM

it was a charity game but he looked like by far the best player on the pitch

He's going to overtake Messi in his 2nd season. Next year he will prove to be the better player and after that, he will be the focus of the team.
9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 04:08 PM   #194
9erempiree
26 yrs of watching NBA
 
9erempiree's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: California of America
Posts: 10,004
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Very dangerous team next season...

9erempiree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2013, 05:54 AM   #195
b1imtf
World Class
 
b1imtf's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Azores
Posts: 6,586
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Chelsea guarantee Marco van Ginkel
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:58 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy