Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 08-27-2013, 04:50 PM   #2176
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1imtf
Send him to Chelsea
Best defensive midfielder in the world! He should play every minute he possibly can. Even if he isn't in midfield, how is Van Buyten getting in ahead of him at center back?
Nick Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #2177
b1imtf
raep tiem

Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Young
Best defensive midfielder in the world! He should play every minute he possibly can. Even if he isn't in midfield, how is Van Buyten getting in ahead of him at center back?
Don't ask me, I don't understand what he's doing over there.. I'd take him in a heartbeat, the type of player Chelsea's missing
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:52 PM   #2178
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Jesus christ guardiola really has, in a short amount of time, managed to f*ck up what last season was the perfect team.

What's his deal with Javi Martinez, if he's fit and isn't getting on the field you can only attribute it to anti-basque racism. Disgusting.
Dude, drop that anti-basque racism nonsense already. Guardiola is Catalan and an independentist. Catalan independentists feel extremely close to Basque people (for obvious reasons). Plus, Javi Martinez isn't even Basque.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #2179
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Dude, drop that anti-basque racism nonsense already. Guardiola is Catalan and an independentist. Catalan independentists feel extremely close to Basque people (for obvious reasons). Plus, Javi Martinez isn't even Basque.
why doesnt he play for spain, even at first choice centerback if he can't get in to midfield?

Why is Pep not even sitting him on the bench?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:04 PM   #2180
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
why doesnt he play for spain, even at first choice centerback if he can't get in to midfield?

Why is Pep not even sitting him on the bench?

He will, but remember he's just 24. Del Bosque has been loyal to the guys who won the last WC and Euro, and rightfully so, but change is on the way. Xavi will soon retire from the NT, and so will Xabi Alonso. Busquets will start at DMF for a long time barring injury, so Martinez (who, by the way, I think is the better and more complete player), will have to battle it out with him. That, unless he gets to play alongside Busquets in more of a box-to-box MF, which I don't see happening on a regular basis.

As for CB, although he's remarkably good in that position for a DMF, he's not better than either Ramos or (a fit) Pique. He won't even be in consideration to play there for the NT (except in case of emergency) unless he transitions to CB full time for his club and excels at it.

Regarding what Guardiola is doing in Germany, I have no clue about. Not even having him on the bench is crazy. Does Bayern have anyone better than Martinez as DMF?
Old 08-27-2013, 05:19 PM   #2181
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Also what does Javi Martinez consider himself if not Basque? Every article I read about him describes him as Basque, so I guess this is a lot of misinformation going around, I didn't know he wasn't basque until you telling me just now. I thought Navarre was a basque province.

Bilbao bought him though so does that mean he atleast has Basque descent?

Last edited by Nick Young : 08-27-2013 at 05:21 PM.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:29 PM   #2182
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Also what does Javi Martinez consider himself if not Basque? Every article I read about him describes him as Basque, so I guess this is a lot of misinformation going around.

Bilbao bought him though so does that mean he atleast has Basque descent?
Without entering a political debate I don't give a damn about, Javi Martinez is not from the Basque Country, he's from a different region (think of different states in the US) called Navarra, which neighbours the Basque Country on the west. The bordering parts are close to it culturally and language-wise, while the parts which are further away are more distinct. Basque independentists claim the Basque Country, Navarra, parts of La Rioja and parts of France are all ethnically Basque and should become their own independent country.

Javi Martinez has a Spanish surname from his father (Martinez) and a Basque surname from his mother (Aguinaga) and that, in addition to the fact he doesn't speak Basque, tell me he's not culturally Basque. He probably considers himself Navarran (or however it is spelled in english) and Spanish. There are also a number of other clues that point in that direction.

He doesn't need to have Basque descent to play for Bilbao, since Navarra is claimed to be part of the Greater Basque Country by people with such ideology. That's why French guys like Lizarazu got to play there. That rule of having Basque descent would be needed if the guy were, say, from Belgium and had a Basque grandpa. In his case they don't need to go that far.
Old 08-27-2013, 09:29 PM   #2183
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

martinez is injured and wont even play for spain in the friendlies, stop listening to nick young's made up stories
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:18 AM   #2184
qrich
King Heno

Galaxy sign Donovan to long term deal.

Best player in the World
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:09 AM   #2185
b1imtf
raep tiem

Willian confirmed
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:49 AM   #2186
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Welcome to Chelsea!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exo5oEy1uMw
Old 08-28-2013, 11:00 AM   #2187
alenleomessi
GloryhunterSinceThe90s

im hearing rumors neymar and messi might both start tonight... but then again i wouldnt be surprised if both are on the bench and martino goes with pedro-alexis-cesc
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 11:54 AM   #2188
RagaZ
Deal with it

Martinez the best DM

The best Defensive midfielder in the world is Busquets. Barcelona and Spain started dominating international football, when Busquets came in 2008.
RagaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:21 PM   #2189
Nick Young
WE THE PEOPLE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagaZ
Martinez the best DM

The best Defensive midfielder in the world is Busquets. Barcelona and Spain started dominating international football, when Busquets came in 2008.
no
Old 08-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #2190
RagaZ
Deal with it

Quote:
no
Yes, mate.

There's a reason he plays DM for Spain, and not Martinez.

You are clueless if you think Martinez is better. Busquets is as good as Prime-Makelele.
RagaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: