Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 AM   #211
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkain
Marco Van Ginkel from Vitesse to Chelsea. Anyone watch Vitesse or Eredivisie? Is he ready to be part of the Chelsea squad?

I only watched a couple of Netherlands U21 games but wasn't really focused on him so can't really get a good idea about his quality.
He's a great talent, but our Dutch folks seem to think he's not ready for the big stage yet. He won't get any minutes in Chelsea.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:11 PM   #212
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
He's a great talent, but our Dutch folks seem to think he's not ready for the big stage yet. He won't get any minutes in Chelsea.

I don't know. He's young, but he's certainly not a worse footballer than players like Ramires or Mikel. Especially against teams where Chelsea is expected to have a lot of possession, Van Ginkel would add more to the team than those guys. Additionally, Lampard is declining and is probably not going to play every match. So he certainly has the ability and opportunity to get real playing time on Chelsea.

If he doesn't make any minutes that will have more to do with Chelsea's system and Mourinho's preferences. Van Ginkel is used to play in a 433 with a lot of space to assert himself. He's not unlike Ramires in regards to his style actually, very dynamic, but he isn't used to having 3 midfielders playing in front of him like at Chelsea.
Also, Mourinho loves playing with a midfielder who has a strong physical and defensive presence. Van Ginkel works hard and is pretty solid defensively for a Dutch midfielder, but he's no butcher.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:13 PM   #213
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
I don't know. He's young, but he's certainly not a worse footballer than players like Ramires or Mikel. Especially against teams where Chelsea is expected to have a lot of possession, Van Ginkel would add more to the team than those guys. Additionally, Lampard is declining and is probably not going to play every match. So he certainly has the ability and opportunity to get real playing time on Chelsea.

If he doesn't make any minutes that will have more to do with Chelsea's system and Mourinho's preferences. Van Ginkel is used to play in a 433 with a lot of space to assert himself. He's not unlike Ramires in regards to his style actually, very dynamic, but he isn't used to having 3 midfielders playing in front of him like at Chelsea.
Also, Mourinho loves playing with a midfielder who has a strong physical and defensive presence. Van Ginkel works hard and is pretty solid defensively for a Dutch midfielder, but he's no butcher.
Yeah, I meant mostly because Mourinho is there, and I expect him to fill the midfield with bruisers.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:26 PM   #214
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

If Real does keep Ronaldo (doubtful) and acquires Bale (possible); which duo do you guys see as more threatening?

Neymar Jr & Messi or Bale & Ronaldo?
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:39 PM   #215
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
If Real does keep Ronaldo (doubtful) and acquires Bale (possible); which duo do you guys see as more threatening?

Neymar Jr & Messi or Bale & Ronaldo?

Why would u say Ronald is likely to leave? But bale isnt probably going to be sold from what I heard.

But I think a ronaldo Rooney combo would be better than neymar and messi
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 01:49 PM   #216
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

De Boer on the rumored interest of Liverpool and Dortmund in Eriksen:

"If Dortmund makes a serious effort to acquire Eriksen I hope we can reach an agreement, but if Liverpool makes an offer I would think twice if I was Eriksen. That team is shite." (editorialized by me, but that was the gist of it)
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #217
Rubio2Gasol
College star

Rubio2Gasol has decent reputation

Messi and Neymar easily. I already want to get rid of Ronaldo - if we sign Bale on top of him? Disaster.

If Bale replaced Ronaldo....not so bad. He'll defend his position - pass - get by defenders, cross. He is willing to do a variety of productive things Ronaldo doesn't do.

But we are keeping Ronaldo so keep Bale the hell away.
Rubio2Gasol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #218
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
De Boer on the rumored interest of Liverpool and Dortmund in Eriksen:

"If Dortmund makes a serious effort to acquire Eriksen I hope we can reach an agreement, but if Liverpool makes an offer I would think twice if I was Eriksen. That team is shite." (editorialized by me, but that was the gist of it)
He's not lying.... Liverpool fans will get butt hurt.... That's if there are any on this board
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 04:35 PM   #219
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
He's not lying.... Liverpool fans will get butt hurt.... That's if there are any on this board
I think there's one
b1imtf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #220
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Heno to Dortmund
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #221
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Illarramendi to Real. I'm liking the signings a lot so far: Isco, Casemiro (I know nothing about him), Carvajal and Illarramendi. Now it's time to unload the garbage, and that's proven to be the most difficult part in the past few years.
Bojan Krkic is apparently really close to being loaned to Ajax.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:15 PM   #222
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Someone fill me in on Dortmund. On their wagon
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:50 PM   #223
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Altidore to Sunderland for $9 million

I'm not familiar with Mkhitaryan's game but Dortmund's a great team with an excellent manager and he'll probably get a lot of playing time if Lewandowski is sold. They just signed Aubemayang from St. Etienne who is also rated pretty highly.

Last edited by Grinder : 07-05-2013 at 07:54 PM.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #224
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Illarramendi to Real. I'm liking the signings a lot so far: Isco, Casemiro (I know nothing about him), Carvajal and Illarramendi. Now it's time to unload the garbage, and that's proven to be the most difficult part in the past few years.
Bojan Krkic is apparently really close to being loaned to Ajax.
Where did you hear about Illaramendi? is it official bcuz i haven't heard anything other than Madrid will have to active his buy out clause.... if it's true, i'm psyched as shit for this season. Great signings. Arbeloa, Kaka, Khedira, Alonso (don't see us resigning him next year so we should sell him instead of letting him walk), Coentrao, Higuain have to go. Call me krazy but Benzema should go also... Buy Suarez and it's a wrap. Benzema is so inconsistent.
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:21 PM   #225
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
Where did you hear about Illaramendi? is it official bcuz i haven't heard anything other than Madrid will have to active his buy out clause.... if it's true, i'm psyched as shit for this season. Great signings. Arbeloa, Kaka, Khedira, Alonso (don't see us resigning him next year so we should sell him instead of letting him walk), Coentrao, Higuain have to go. Call me krazy but Benzema should go also... Buy Suarez and it's a wrap. Benzema is so inconsistent.
It's being reported everywhere in the Spanish media. They wouldn't all jump the gun like this if it weren't true. They say it will be officially announced next week, now they're just agreeing on the contract terms and which team pays the taxes.
I would keep Arbeloa as a substitute, as much as I hate him. He doesn't make that much money, and he is enough in case Carvajal gets injuried. Khedira will surely stay, and I think Alonso's contract will be extended (and rightfully so). They were working on it last season, and I don't think it'll be a problem, probably two more years. He's Illarramendi's idol and favorite player, and he will probably be a good mentor for the youngster. I would also keep one of Benzema or Higuain. The latter is reportedly close to being sold to Arsenal for around 28M, so it's a pretty good deal. Benzema will shine under Ancelotti, I'm sure. Kaka can go die in a fire. I ****ing hate his guts, worthless piece of shit.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: