Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 07-06-2013, 12:45 AM   #226
AllenIverson3
Get off me!

AllenIverson3 is starting to rub some people the wrong way
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
It's being reported everywhere in the Spanish media. They wouldn't all jump the gun like this if it weren't true. They say it will be officially announced next week, now they're just agreeing on the contract terms and which team pays the taxes.
I would keep Arbeloa as a substitute, as much as I hate him. He doesn't make that much money, and he is enough in case Carvajal gets injuried. Khedira will surely stay, and I think Alonso's contract will be extended (and rightfully so). They were working on it last season, and I don't think it'll be a problem, probably two more years. He's Illarramendi's idol and favorite player, and he will probably be a good mentor for the youngster. I would also keep one of Benzema or Higuain. The latter is reportedly close to being sold to Arsenal for around 28M, so it's a pretty good deal. Benzema will shine under Ancelotti, I'm sure. Kaka can go die in a fire. I ****ing hate his guts, worthless piece of shit.

You're right Arbeloa would be a decent back up just incase.... Forgot we didn't have anyone to fill that position now that Essien is gone. Another ideal situation would be buy a good back up CB and in case Carvajal goes down, Ramos could step in.... Or just keep Pepe if he's willing to be a back up (even though i could care less about him. I used to like him). Is Khedira willing to be a back up to Illarramendi and Alonso? someone has to go.... Modric can also fill in in the middle even thou that's not his natural position. Someone in the middle has to leave cuz everyone needs playing time and starting position. Benzema is still gonna be here.... Higuain is gone. If that's the case, Ancelotti needs to give Morata playing time by making him Benzema's back up. Morata gonna be sick.... If we let him go, i'm be pissed. I read today that Getafe placed a bid for him

There's no way Kaka should stay when there's Isco, Modric and Ozil as AM....
AllenIverson3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:16 AM   #227
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

USA just thrashed Guatemala 6-0. This was the biggest win in the Klinsmann era with the previous being a 5-0 win over Scotland.

Landon Donovan made his return to the national team after nearly a year long absence ande had 2 goals and an assist before being subbed off (50th and 51st international goal) . Stuart Holden and Mix Diskerud were great after being subbed on in the second half, they completely changed the dynamic of the game with their passing and quick decision making.

Goals - Gomez, Donovan (x2), Wondolowski, Goodson, Bedoya
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 02:29 AM   #228
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Bojan to Ajax on a one year loan with an option for a second is official. Pretty safe deal for Ajax. We desperately need a RW and some general depth on offense, so hopefully Bojan can provide adequate coverage and we don't have to deal with the likes of Boerrigter and Lukoki anymore.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:12 AM   #229
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Bojan to Ajax on a one year loan with an option for a second is official. Pretty safe deal for Ajax. We desperately need a RW and some general depth on offense, so hopefully Bojan can provide adequate coverage and we don't have to deal with the likes of Boerrigter and Lukoki anymore.
He's not a RW, and I'm not sure he can play RW adequately too. His natural position is support striker, or even trequartista (although it's not ideal, because his passing is too meh for that). He's at his best when he can sneak in the free spaces between the opponent's DMF and defense, or taking advantage of the attention a traditional striker draws away from him. Man I really hope he can somehow realize his potential and bounce back. That kid was special growing up, such a dissapointment as a pro so far.

Last edited by Lebowsky : 07-06-2013 at 08:20 AM.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:15 AM   #230
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenIverson3
You're right Arbeloa would be a decent back up just incase.... Forgot we didn't have anyone to fill that position now that Essien is gone. Another ideal situation would be buy a good back up CB and in case Carvajal goes down, Ramos could step in.... Or just keep Pepe if he's willing to be a back up (even though i could care less about him. I used to like him). Is Khedira willing to be a back up to Illarramendi and Alonso? someone has to go.... Modric can also fill in in the middle even thou that's not his natural position. Someone in the middle has to leave cuz everyone needs playing time and starting position. Benzema is still gonna be here.... Higuain is gone. If that's the case, Ancelotti needs to give Morata playing time by making him Benzema's back up. Morata gonna be sick.... If we let him go, i'm be pissed. I read today that Getafe placed a bid for him

There's no way Kaka should stay when there's Isco, Modric and Ozil as AM....
Kaka couldn't give less of a **** about football. He's all about money, and he's making 12M net every ****ing season. He's impossible to move, even for free, and he's not willing to go anywhere anyway. To make things worse, Ancelotti used to be his coach in Milan's shiny years, and that scares me to death.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:05 AM   #231
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
He's not a RW, and I'm not sure he can play RW adequately too. His natural position is support striker, or even trequartista (although it's not ideal, because his passing is too meh for that). He's at his best when he can sneak in the free spaces between the opponent's DMF and defense, or taking advantage of the attention a traditional striker draws away from him. Man I really hope he can somehow realize his potential and bounce back. That kid was special growing up, such a dissapointment as a pro so far.

Didn't he used to play winger at Barcelona? Our system is pretty much set in stone at 433, so a trequartista or support striker role for him just isn't going to happen. False winger maybe.

Eh, like I said: low risk move for us. If he can fit himself into an Ajax offense he can play here until some of our talent is ready to step up. If he can't he'll just be one of the backups for this season.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:09 AM   #232
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Didn't he used to play winger at Barcelona? Our system is pretty much set in stone at 433, so a trequartista or support striker role for him just isn't going to happen. False winger maybe.

Eh, like I said: low risk move for us. If he can fit himself into an Ajax offense he can play here until some of our talent is ready to step up. If he can't he'll just be one of the backups for this season.

Is this newspaper reliable? http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/vo...voor_AZ__.html

If it's true, the 10 million Euro transfer fee is a record for both AZ and a US national team player.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:11 AM   #233
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Is this newspaper reliable? http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/vo...aar_wat__.html

If it's true, the 10 million Euro transfer fee is a record for both AZ and a US national team player.

Yeah it's a done deal.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:13 AM   #234
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ

Yes, he did play mostly RW (and occasionally LW) at Barcelona, and that's one of the reasons why he left. He just wasn't very good at it, and he didn't really want to play that position. He can't cross and he's not super fast. He is extremely quick, though, and has above average speed and outstanding dribbling (when he's confident). As he wasn't gonna get any pt in any other position, they loaned him out to get rid of the problem short term. I don't know, maybe he's learned something in Italy, or maybe he will have no problem adapting. All I know is he's not (or was not) a winger.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:16 AM   #235
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Quote:
Yes, he did play mostly RW (and occasionally LW) at Barcelona, and that's one of the reasons why he left. He just wasn't very good at it, and he didn't really want to play that position. He can't cross and he's not super fast. He is extremely quick, though, and has above average speed and outstanding dribbling (when he's confident). As he wasn't gonna get any pt in any other position, they loaned him out to get rid of the problem short term. I don't know, maybe he's learned something in Italy, or maybe he will have no problem adapting. All I know is he's not (or was not) a winger.

Well....shit.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #236
rhythmic †hesis
Welcome to LA S. Nash!

rhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation hererhythmic †hesis has an incredible reputation here

Quote:

Well technically he left because we didn't want or need him; talk about a disappointment. All that potential and he did nothing in Barca.
rhythmic †hesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:17 AM   #237
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
Well....shit.
I'm sure Ajax know about it and have something in mind. I don't think they would've signed him just for the hell of it, even as a loan.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:19 AM   #238
LJJ
Extra Cheese

Between Cuenca and Muniesa I hope Bojan doesn't become our third disappointing Barcelona loanee for us.
Old 07-06-2013, 10:20 AM   #239
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Uncle Drew has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grinder
Is this newspaper reliable? http://www.telegraaf.nl/telesport/vo...voor_AZ__.html

Telegraaf is shit, but it's a done deal. AZ confirmed it on their website.
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 10:21 AM   #240
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhythmic †hesis
Well technically he left because we didn't want or need him; talk about a disappointment. All that potential and he did nothing in Barca.
I disagree. Bojan is probably the most hyped up prospect ever in La Masia (arguably even more so than Messi). Everyone in the club always though he would become a top player in Barcelona. They wanted him to play there and become a star, he just didn't fit anywhere in Barca at the time because there were better and more proven players in his position. They tried to force him in by giving him (very little) minutes on the wings, but he's just not made to play there. I also remember some kind of controversy between him and Guardiola at some point because of that, but I can't recall exactly what it was about.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: