Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 09-19-2013, 01:20 PM   #3361
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Swansea is playing with 6 Spaniards in their starting 11 and Valencia with 4.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 01:34 PM   #3362
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Lebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebowsky is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: 2013-2014 World Football Thread (EPL, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, etc.)

Valencia is embarrasingly bad this year. They're gonna have a tough, tough season.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:19 PM   #3363
Mr Clutch Melo
NUGGETS ALL THE WAY

Mr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this boardMr Clutch Melo is popular on this board

Did anyone see De Guzmans freekick ? GOLAZO
Mr Clutch Melo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:33 PM   #3364
Uncle Drew
NBA lottery pick

Uncle Drew has no real reputation yet.

Jesus Christ PSV - FC Ludogorets 0-2
Uncle Drew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 02:44 PM   #3365
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
Man, you won't believe it, but I was extremely close to going to Kazantip this summer, since I'm now living in Slovakia and it's not so far away (pretty cheap to get there from here too). Unfortunately, my friends ended up chickening out, so I went to Ozora instead.
I don't know anybody who's been there, but I've read mostly good things about it on the internet. Of course it's Ukraine, so you can expect to get stopped by the police and ticketed fairly often for no reason at all (or should I say absurd reasons?), and you can also expect lots of shady people around, but I don't think that would be the case at the festival grounds. Definitely one of the last few parties I want to experience before I quit my partying ways.
It's nice to have you back even for a day or two. Your back-and-forths with Bruinlove in football threads used to be hilarious

If I get ticketed, hopefully my Ukrainian last name will mean they take it easy on me. lol

I think as long as you don't go up to anyone and start shit, you're fine. Just assume that everyone is Russian mob.

I'm already recruiting friends to go. Making sure it happens because it gets annoying hearing friends rave about Burning Man, EDC, Monegros, etc and just nodding your head hoping they will shut up. lol...and I want to see naked Ukrainian and Russian girls...lots of them. lol Would be funny if I saw you there.

Bruinlove still posts here, eh? Still proving that his team has the most annoying fans in all of football?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Clutch Melo
Did anyone see De Guzmans freekick ? GOLAZO

"The Canadian born Dutch international...".....It's sad that he would be Canada's best player. Does he even make the reserves for Holland? And why does that country have random titles such as Holland, Netherlands and the people being called Dutch? Why not Netherlands and Netherlandian? lol

Last edited by Dolphin : 09-19-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:25 PM   #3366
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

spanish teams are utter shit this year... swansea would beat anyone except the big 2 and atl. madrid ( whom they would give tough time for sure )
and they are like what the 8th best team in england?
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #3367
alenleomessi

alenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputationalenleomessi has a bad reputation

just read this on facebook, messi in the last 224 games has:

242 goals
82 assists
23 hat-tricks
13 titles

this is just ridiculous
alenleomessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #3368
b1imtf
raep tiem

b1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableb1imtf is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by alenleomessi
just read this on facebook, messi in the last 224 games has:

242 goals
82 assists
23 hat-tricks
13 titles

this is just ridiculous
b1imtf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:01 PM   #3369
RagaZ
Deal with it

RagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these partsRagaZ has an EXTREMELY bad reputation around these parts

I just Googled the legend Freddy Adu. Forgot about him.

Cant believe that he is only 24 years old I thought he was close to the 30s
RagaZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:26 PM   #3370
qrich
King Heno

qrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation hereqrich has an incredible reputation here

Shakhter Karagandy beating POAK
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #3371
knickballer
Very good NBA starter

knickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterknickballer is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagaZ
I just Googled the legend Freddy Adu. Forgot about him.

Cant believe that he is only 24 years old I thought he was close to the 30s

And sadly he was a better player at the age of 15 then he is now.

Colossal fail.
knickballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:34 PM   #3372
LJJ
Extra Cheese

LJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterLJJ is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolphin
"The Canadian born Dutch international...".....It's sad that he would be Canada's best player. Does he even make the reserves for Holland? And why does that country have random titles such as Holland, Netherlands and the people being called Dutch? Why not Netherlands and Netherlandian? lol

We actually call ourselves Nederland and Nederlanders. Holland is the most populous and relevant part of the Netherlands and thus colloquially became a designation for the entire country.

Where "Dutch" comes from? That's just one of those retarded English terms you need to blame the English for. It's for the same reason why people refer to a country called Nippon as Japan or a country called Zhongguo as China.

And De Guzman is on the Dutch NT. He's no key member or anything but he makes the occasional minute.
LJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #3373
Grinder

Grinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterGrinder is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by knickballer
And sadly he was a better player at the age of 15 then he is now.

Colossal fail.

He peaked at age 18.

Quote:
If I get ticketed, hopefully my Ukrainian last name will mean they take it easy on me. lol

I think as long as you don't go up to anyone and start shit, you're fine. Just assume that everyone is Russian mob.

I'm already recruiting friends to go. Making sure it happens because it gets annoying hearing friends rave about Burning Man, EDC, Monegros, etc and just nodding your head hoping they will shut up. lol...and I want to see naked Ukrainian and Russian girls...lots of them. lol Would be funny if I saw you there.

Bruinlove still posts here, eh? Still proving that his team has the most annoying fans in all of football?

Any decent Canadian player that's eligible for another country seems to go for it. There's no pride in the national team and they're flat out awful now.

These are guys that were either raised in Canada or played for their youth teams:
Asmir Begovic - Bosnia
Alain Rochat - Switzerland
Jon De Guzman - Netherlands
Owen Hargreaves - England
Junior Hoilett - Jamaica
O'Brian White - Jamaica
Jacob Lensky - Czech Republic
Teal Bunburry - USA
Dani Fernandes - Portugal
Tam Nsaliwa - renounced his citizenship so he obtain German citizenship to play in Europe

Canada doesn't have a single win this year and has lost to Martinique and Mauritania.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 08:13 PM   #3374
Dolphin
werewolfdolphin

Dolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation hereDolphin has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJ
We actually call ourselves Nederland and Nederlanders. Holland is the most populous and relevant part of the Netherlands and thus colloquially became a designation for the entire country.

Where "Dutch" comes from? That's just one of those retarded English terms you need to blame the English for. It's for the same reason why people refer to a country called Nippon as Japan or a country called Zhongguo as China.

And De Guzman is on the Dutch NT. He's no key member or anything but he makes the occasional minute.

I always wondered why the Anglicized name for countries were not similar to the actual name used by its citizens....and how they came up with such a name. lol
Dolphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 04:00 AM   #3375
Jasi
Quality?

Jasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJasi is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I always wondered why the Anglicized name for countries were not similar to the actual name used by its citizens....and how they came up with such a name. lol

As far as I know the term "Dutch" comes from the original language of those areas (also called "Low German"), not from English. The root should be "duits" or "duutsch" or something.

Interesting topic anyways.
What other anglicized names of countries are different from the original ones?
I can only think of Finland for Suomi and Hungary for Magyarorszag.
Jasi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: